Firestone / Price Gouging

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Went for brake service and noted a substancial increase in price over previous year. Found out that the cost of my pads increased %100 from previous year. District manager claimed previous proces were wrong. However when I rearched the same product at retail - it was %50 less. The pads were even %22 less straight from the dealer. The Firestone District manager claimed that the price is either made up in parts and labor. Funny how this occurred while a coupon was running..huh

Ch

Comments

An
  20th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Firestone complete auto care is a rip-off. Never, never use them. They charged me 250.00 for a remanufactured starter and installed a 110.00 battery without asking me if that is what I wanted.

Eo
  27th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I went to a Firestone store in Des Moines, Iowa . I know when my truck went into the stall to be worked on, and when it came out, I seen what the labor was and how many hours they worked on my truck, the labor was 167.00 per hour. I asked them about this they said they go by a book, if the book says it takes 4 hours to work on a part and it only takes 2 hours they still charge 4 hours of labor, THAT IS BS...