Firestone Complete Autocare / fraudulent practices
I explicitly asked Firestone to check the oil leakage from the engine. They gave me $21 written estimate for oil leakage check on Saturday and called later asking me to wait until Sunday. OK. They called me Sunday morning telling me that a dye oil leakage check would cost $70! I said WHAT? So, they gain your business giving you a misleading estimate and later want to charge you much more for the same job! What a scheme! DO NOT ACCEPT! I told them to stop all and went to pick the car up. The car was on the lifter with all 4 wheels off! Why remove the rear wheels if the leak is from the engine on the front? They said that is their procedure. I told them I would not pay for a service/procedure I did not order. So, they did not search/find the leakage and performed an inspection on my expense to find other ways to make money. The guy on the front desk gave me a hard time and I had to go through a distress before he agreed not to charge the $21! My Sunday felt apart. So, my advice is not to pay these guys if they did not perform the job you wanted. Make sure to be as specific as possible about the job you want done and the problem you want fixed. Make sure they write your demand in the written estimate. If you do not take these preventive measures, they will do whatever they like to make money, will charge you and you will end up paying for their false estimate. I will never go back to Firestone or buy Firestone products. Good lucky.
More Firestone Complete Autocare Complaints & Reviews
- Firestone - overcharge/not living up to warranty 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - overcharging and hiding 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - managers lie to you and employees 
- Firestone - manager 
- Firestone Service Center - overcharge 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - my ongoing nightmare with firestone.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - manager mike manfredi
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - granddaughter called and said that car was intermittenly not starting. barb smith 407-484-5322
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - sold tire/product I didn't need
- Firestone Tire Store - I was treated and talked to very badly at firestone