Fifth Third Bank / rip off
I have read reports submitted against Fifth Third Bank Corp in regards to their methods of creative transaction alterations to unfairly create debits against member's accounts... I AGREE 100% and feel there should be a Class Action Lawsuit against Fifth Third Bank Corp.
1. Fifth Third has withheld debit transactions for extended periods of time then strategically batch posted them while delaying deposits to overdraw the account. They then proceeded to initiate overdraft frees per line item.
2. Direct Deposit- Payroll Direct Deposit is to be posted and available for transaction the day of the posting. On Aug.30, over $4, 000 from payroll was direct deposited into my account. On that day, resulting from their creative transaction management methods, one of their batch postings of debits took the account negative and was overdrawn by approx. $200. Fifth Third did not credit my account of the direct deposit payroll. As oppose to crediting the account, they placed the funds that should be available from my direct deposit on hold.
It forced me to visit the branch office on Saturday morning to discuss the issues. I was told by the acting lead officer that the reason for the direct deposit being place on hold was because she personally placed the account on hold because of the overdrawn status several days earlier. During that discussion with her, I later understood, thru her own admission, that if I hadn't physically visited the office to resolve the issue, my account would still have been on hold status with no funds available.
I then asked a simple question and attained an answer that clearly points to Fifth Third Bank Corp. practicing unethical transactions at the cost of their members: My question was, 'when an account is place on hold, is it done manually, as in by a person and not systematically'; her response was 'yes'. I then asked, when an account is overdrawn, are overdraft fees debited from account thru automation, as in automatic thru their so called 'robust' system, her answer was 'yes'.
Finally my ending question to her and my point- In this day of technological marvels, why and how, from an ethical standpoint, can Fifth Third, or any other banking institution get away with running two systems (manual and automated) that clearly preys on members funds to benefit their organization.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - business checking account
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - poor customer care
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - kandi martin
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - a birthday gift triggered a fraud investigation