Fifth Third Bank / overdrafts on atm

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I have been using ATM cards for 25 years and not once has an ATM transaction gone through if the funds are not there. They are always rejected as insufficient. You then lower the amount and it goes through. 53rd introduced MATRIX SERVICE, which is supposed to be a courtesy. It allows you to overdraft a a few dollars and charges a $33 overdraft. They told me they gave me this courtesy because I do not have a history of overdrafts...therefore, they put this on my account without my requesting to make sure I overdraft so that they can collect fees. I am still fighting with them to get my fees back.

If I do not have a history of overdrafts...why do I need something that will allow me to overdraft...it is obvious that it is to collect ridiculous fees./

Mi

Comments

Ki
  23rd of Apr, 2009

The bank provides matrix coverage in the event of an emergency, what if you were out of gas and had no way of getting home and no other means of making a gas purchase, in this even you would gladly over draw your account and pay the fee so that you could return home safe and sound. The best way to avoid over drafting your account is to balance your check book and be responsible for your own finances.