[Resolved] FIDO / over charged and improper communication of plan

5 Canada

i took new FIDO Postpaid connection (A/c: [protected]) in mid Nov as soon as i came to Canada, in my Dec bill i was shocked to see a $493 bill, majority of billing was done for my incoming calls. when i took connection i was told that i have 500 minute week day calling, and never told that this 500min includes INCOMING as well.
i reached out to the store where i took connection from and called customer care as well but no one is helping.
this is cheating customers, at first place FIDO representatives didn't tell the trick behind their $50 plan and secondly no one is entertaining to help you out that too when it's not your fault.
Other part i didn't understand is which operator changes for incoming calls when you have $55 unlimited plan. i really didn't understand who designs such plans in this competitive world.

this is really disappointing for me as well as for someone who is new to the country and lands in such issues, not sure even putting my complain here will be of any help, but just hoping i'll get someone to look into my case and wave off the unwanted charges.

• Resolution statement

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Dec 29, 2018

Hey there!

Julien here from Fido's social media team.

I am sorry to read about your experience. I can assure you we want our customers to understand what's in their plan in and we don't want them to have any bad surprise. Don't hesitate to send us a DM on Twitter or a PM on Facebook if you want us to take a look at your account with you!

Have a nice day!