FerrellGas / Mysterious Price Increase

1 MO, United States Review updated:

I have been a loyal customer for over 8 years. This fall I called Ferrell to order propane. I was renting a tank from them. The rep stated the charge for my account was $4.95 per gallon. I was speechless. I just recommended a friend to Ferrell a month before and her price was around $2.00 per gallon. The rep said that was the price she was told to state on my account. I told her I would not be buying propane from them for that price. She proceeded to be very nasty with me and inform me that no one else could fill their rental tanks and I really didn't have a choice. I told her she could come pick up her tank and I would have someone else deliver another one. (Which I was able to do quickly and easily, at a lower rate with a nicer company)

When the driver came to pick up our Ferrellgas owned tank we learned the motivation behind the price increase and the rude behavior. We were told they wanted us to use a different company because we are a low consumption customer and they intentionally ran us off as a business strategy. So if you are a Ferrell customer... conserve energy and use less propane... be prepared to be treated rudely and receive $199.00 low usage bill... which they will wave once you agree to have them pick up your tank .. on which... you have already paid the yearly rental. Ferrellgas apparently sees every tank that is being rented to a long term customer with lower usage averages without a "Keep Full" contract as a wasted asset. That same tank can be rented to a new customer who is required to sign a "Keep Full" or other questionable contract without the full knowledge of the "Mysterious Business Practices" of Ferrellgas.

BEWARE and READ EVERY WORD!

An

Comments

• Fr
      20th of Feb, 2010

"Mysterious Business Practices"

What's the mystery? It's all a head-game designed to maximize profits. After all the exec's don't get the big bonues if they don't hit those Wall-Street numbers for thier banking masters!

How to get even. Where ever legal, record all your telephone calls. Keep every document. And be prepared to FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

DON'T BACK DOWN. DON'T WORRY ABOUT LOSING MONEY IF IT MEANS YOU GET TO HURT THEIR PROFITS!

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO ADOPT THE SAME ATTITUDE, for every ### sucking corporation that is now a part of the Fascist USA.

• Me
      3rd of Mar, 2014

The very same treatment is happening to me and Yes, I have found another propane supplier and will be changing very quickly. Not only did the price hike, they are taking their sweet time getting here and we are on about 1%. Thank you for your explanation, it all makes sense to me now!