Having problems with FerrellGas?

FerrellGas Customer Service Contacts

1 Liberty Plz
Liberty, Missouri
United States - 64068-2970

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with FerrellGas Customer Service. Initial FerrellGas complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for FerrellGas above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about FerrellGas. Discuss the issues you have had with FerrellGas and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

FerrellGas Complaints & Reviews

FerrellGas poor service

We phoned and emailed when our tank was at 20%, then at 15%, then at 10%. Now we are under 5% and almost out of gas and still no one has come to fill up our tank. The ferrellgas representative we've spoken to on the phone has been unhelpful and uncaring. The customer is made to feel like his is the problem. We are now waiting for our tank to run out of gas and with the temperature still getting below zero we are worried about our water lines freezing and damage to our house. How do I get their attention before we have a problem.

• 1skippy Mar 01, 2015

keep your emails and you can get a record of our calls then sue them for not getting back with you if not to just tell you to look elsewhere and that might not be a bad Idea.

FerrellGas — overcharge and bad equipment

quoted 249.9 a gallon/charged 274.9 gallon left no delivery slip at residence. Bad regulator, lost most of...

FerrellGas delivery delay

On Monday I ordered a propane refill from Ferrellgas for our propane tank which was almost empty. I didn't hear anything from them until Weds and called and they said that I was scheduled for Weds. Feb 12th but they would try to get here "as soon as they can.". The propane heats our house. I have called twice to tell them I have a 6 year old child and that our tank was empty and that we are all very cold but no call back and no delivery. Now it is Friday and still no delivery. The house temp is 39. We are trying to get by burning wood in the fireplace and running space heaters. I worry about the fire danger. Is anyone out there having similar problems? There is supposed to be a national shortage. Do you have any suggestions of any other propane companies that are delivering promptly? Appreciate your help!

mercychaplet Mar 03, 2014

You also need to get on the Mo. Attorney General's site and file a complaint!

mercychaplet Mar 03, 2014

Yes, I just called MFA in Eminence today and was told that they put their customers on a priority list and folks who are out, or, have below 25-30% got thier propane delivered today, (13 customers called this am and it was delivered today), and they have a list for tomorrow as well, now that is customer service, and yes I will be changing over to them once I verify they will deliver to me location.

FerrellGas fail to deliver

I am a loyal 7-year customer of FerrellGas, and have a contract with them. I called over a week ago for LP delivery to my home, and was told it would be delivered before Wednesday. (Christmas) On Tuesday (Christmas Eve) I called to confirm delivery because it had been a week. I was concerned because I needed to leave town. I was told that delivery would occur that day !! I called back at 1:30 because I still had not received delivery. I was told delivery would not occur. I called 2 more times and at 2:45 I was told that delivery would occur late in the day, perhaps as late as 6:00 pm. My trip out of town for Christmas was delayed, and I HAD to leave. When I returned Christmas night I discovered that LP was never delivered !!! It is now Thursday a.m. and I am about out of LP. My heat is turned way down to conserve. Temperatures outside are in the teens, and my Christmas has been ruined. What rights do I have? Who can help? What laws govern an LP company that refuses to deliver ??

mercychaplet Mar 03, 2014

I am in the same boat, same thing happened to me today. However, I did get on the Attorney General (MO) site and he is apparently investigating the price hikes, and I am sure the "no delivery, " issue as well as other lousy business practices of Ferrellgas are being reviewed as well. Just sit tight, Ferrellgas will get what is coming to them.

FerrellGas — slow to respond to an emergency

I reported a propane gas leak at my home at 7:08 in the morning on Tuesday, October 16. It took them over 2...

FerrellGas no-tank rental

I lived at 50 Nunn Rd. in Greensburg Ky... In Febuary of 2009 I called an told Ferrellgas that i was moving the first of April and would no longer need thier services my bill was paid in full at the time of the last fill up!!! The tank was empty and they were not to come fill it again!! I have called and talked to customer service atleast 10 different occasions because i keep getting a bill for tank rental I didnt own the tank to begin with it was already on the property!! Each and every one of them told me that they would remove it from my bill and that i wouldnt have to worry about it anymore!!! WOW what a crock that was I get a bill every couple of months which is ridiculous !!! The account number is [protected] I would greatly appreciate you taking care of this immediately !!! My name is Sonya Asher 2268Old Summersville Rd Campbellsville Ky 42718

FerrellGas — ferrellgas

When I offered to prepay for a lower price per gallon on my fuel oil, a price of $2.09 a gallon was agreed...

FerrellGas — low usage fee

Ferrellgas has charged me a fee for NOT using a service. I pay an annual rental fee for their propane tank...

FerrellGas — hard to believe but true

I could write a book on how incompetent this comany is. My first bad experience with them was finding their...

FerrellGas — price/lack of service/no call backs

past several years price each delivery was outrageous, when I called to complain they had excuses -sorry...

FerrellGas — unauthorized charge, ripped off and then ignored!

Below, the text of the complaint I sent to Ferrellgas via their website. Planning to call the corporate...

FerrellGas — prices & service

I usually don't complain about companies, so I might not be very good at it. Here goes! Friday I called...

FerrellGas deceptive billing

If you choose to use Ferrellgas as your propane provider I can only suggest that you read every single word written on every piece of paper that they send you. They have been my provider for 10 years, and during that time I've always used their Auto Bill service, whereby they charge a set amount every month. When you have an account set up like that, they send you the exact same billing statement every month. In the AMOUNT DUE block, the words "Auto Pay" are displayed, and the first sentence in the fine print in the center of the bill reads "Auto Pay - Do Not Pay Amount Due". When you receive the exact same billing statement every month for years you get lazy and when the first sentence of the fine print says "Do Not Pay Amount Due", you believe it. DON'T.

Three times over the past 10years they screwed up my auto pay billing, and instead of contacting me to fix (their mistake), they just let it go for several months, then removed me from the auto pay program and sent me a bill for $1k+, due immediately. Oh, and the bulk rate I had initially agreed to in the spring was now double. In going back over my bills, all of which said "Do Not Pay Amount Due" as the first sentence of the fine print, several sentences down is a single sentence indicating that the account is past due. Should I have read through the fine print that looked exactly like the fine print of every other statement I got from them? Yeah, probably. Would it have made any difference when the first sentence says "Do Not Pay Amount Due"? Probably not...at least for the first 2 months or so.

The first time this happened I just paid them and didn't think much about it. I had other things to worry about, I gave them some money, they shut up, and all was right with my world. The second time this happened was right before Christmas, and coming up with the cash was somewhat problematic, but the prospect of not having heat for my family going into a MI winter was a motivating factor, and I managed to come up with the cash to shut them up. This balance was paid in 12/08. I went to their Howell office, some 20 miles away to make this payment, and stood right there to make sure that they had the account info correct for the following month. I asked "Now this is the last time I'm going to have to do this, right? The account information is correct, and the Auto Pay is in place, right?" I was assured that, as I stood there in front of them with all of the correct account information, that the billing would not be screwed up again. I received my January statement, read every word, and everything was good. They accessed the account and billed it correctly with my Auto Pay. Problem solved. Again. I received a fill in April (per their "Keep Full" program), and in May I noticed in the fine print that my account was past due AGAIN. I started pulling statements and bank records, and sure enough, the January billing was the last time they correctly billed my account. So again, I was removed from the Auto Pay and Keep Full programs, and oh yeah, the bulk price I agreed to no longer applied, and the fill I got in April about double what I agreed to. And oh yeah, I now owed them $1k+ again, due immediately.

When pressed about why they weren't doing their job and billing correctly, they said it was my job to make sure that they do their job correctly. I was also told that it was policy to stop the Keep Full program running after the bulk pricing was discontinued to ensure that I didn't go without heat...in April...less than 4 months after my last fill...though of course it would cost MORE THAN DOUBLE what I agreed to. All of this while receiving statements that looked just like every other statement I've received over the past 10 years with the phrases "AUTO PAY" and "Do Not Pay Amount Due" prominently displayed, and their screwed-up book keeping several lines down in the fine print.

After reporting them to the BBB, they agreed to reinstate the Auto Pay, which would of course be adjusted to reflect the payments that I had "neglected to make". Of course, they refused to even do this before the BBB complaint was filed. And they still refused to let me in on any bulk pricing agreements as I had missed that window when I had "neglected" to pay my bills...that said "Do Not Pay Amount Due" on them.

Far be it from me to accuse anyone of anything in public, but what happens every time they screw up the Auto Pay on a customer's bill is this; They get all of their money for the year within a few months, can remove you from any bulk pricing agreements and (in my case) more than double the per gallon price, and can get one last fill in at the new price without you really knowing what's going on.

Ferrellgas is not the only game in town, and will not get another cent from me.

FerrellGas failed to deliver

originally was told that i was to call for propane delivery when my 250 gal. tank was at the 25% reading, or i would incurr an extra $125.00 delivery charge. they also stated that their delivery truck was in my neighborhood 3 times a week. on Friday Dec. 4th i called for a delivery. i was immediatly put on hold and eventually disconnected!
            i called again on monday dec. 7. was told that they would call me back after checking with delivery personell. they called back mid-afternoon and said they'd be here the next day-tuesday. by now i was below 20% with power out and outside temp in the teens. i waited all day then called at 3 pm. was put on hold for 15 minutes. i called back and was immediately put on hold again. someone eventually answered - after checking with delivery, she said that they had cancelled all deliverys for that day and that perhaps they could make it on thursday. i could quite possibly be without heat by then and with another snow storm predicted for wed. night, the probabability of their showing up appears pretty remote. a supervisior was supposedly going to call me---but that hasn't happened

• Sd
                SD Hodgson Dec 26, 2013

I am below 10% and called over a week ago. FerrellGas in Janesville WI. Every person I have talked to has lied to me !! I'm a 7-year loyal customer, and pay regularly. I have a contract. FerrellGas HAS RUINED MY CHRISTMAS !! Thank you Ferrell !! Right now I am sitting in a house with the temps turned down and wondering how long my LP will last. Maybe another day or two. And Ferrell is less than 20 minutes from my house - but they can not assure me of delivery from Janesville WI !! They also have a station in Walworth - also about 20 minutes away. What do I do now? What are my options? What laws govern this ?? What rights do we have when Ferrell breaks a contract ???!?!?!?!

• Re
                Redweed Feb 10, 2010

I feel your pain. I am at 5% in my tank and am told that a computer schedules deliveries and I will just have to wait. They could care less that it is below freezing out there and that I have a sick child at home. So, have contacted another company to deliver and when they finally get their truck out there, we'll just send them on their way and tell them not to come back. I do own my tank so really...

FerrellGas never use them

Last summer my propane tank was filled because I was on the "Keep Full" program. I was charged $3.50 per gallon when the going market price in my area was $1.99 per gallon. I refused to pay the outrageous amount and finally after many phone calls and a lot of yelling, Ferrellgas matched the $1.99 price. It was then I decided to switch to another propane supplier.

On 10/22/09 I notified Ferrellgas that I was going to switch suppliers and for them to come and pick up my tank. My tank rental was paid through 7/2010. I was told that I could not get a prorated refund for my tank rental charges. Also, today they picked up the tank and tried to charge me $85.99 for the pick up of their tank. I immediately called their office and complained. The told me that the charges would be canceled. We'll see if that happens.

The moral to the story is to NEVER use Ferrellgas as a propane supplier. The are a ripoff and try at every opportunity to gouge their customers using unscrupulous tactics.

• Ti
                  Ticked off in Texas Jan 08, 2012

Ferrell Gas sucks. My bill in north Texas for this December was over $750. The weather has been warm. It's been in the 60's and 70's. They price gouge like no other. We are in a planned community and have only Ferrell gas available as the stupid HOA won't let us use our own tanks otherwise I would love to tell Ferrell Gas to go to Hades.

• Ru
                  RURAL PENNSYLVANIA Feb 23, 2010

My secondary regulator was damaged when a snowmobile snagged my gas line . Ferrelgas would not sell a regulator and their service tech would take five working days to respond . The service call would cost $74.99 per hour plus parts and when he was finished a tank fill would be scheduled . The weather was freezing cold so all the water lines and tanks were drained . I told Ferrelgas to remove their tank .

A call to Provanta yielded results . A call to them Monday afternoon got a guarantee of a new tank installed and filled Wednesday morning . Plenty of parts are available to the customer assuring your furnace operating with a supply of gas . Ferrelgas is arrogant and will only bring you misery !

FerrellGas awful company

Late last spring I decided to quit buying propane from Ferrellgas because their prices were getting out of hand. I told the delivery driver not to fill my tank; that I would use the remaining propane up and then have them remove their tank. At the time the tank was approximately 50% full.

The tank is now at 20% capacity (or approximately 55 gallons) and yesterday I received a bill from Ferrellgas. They've charged me $200 for a "Low Usage Fee."

It's ridiculous. I've been in continuous residence here and have been using the gas in the tank as I always have, year in and year out.

I planned on having Ferrellgas remove the tank when it became 5% full since they won't reimburse me for any fuel remaining in the tank.

What can I do? I'm being ripped off!

mercychaplet Mar 03, 2014

Get on the Attorney General's (MO) website and file a complaint!

• Fr
                    Frank_Law Feb 20, 2010

Dispute the bill and refuse to pay it. But if you signed a contract, read every word first to make sure that you did not agree to pay them this charge. If the charge is mentioned in the contract, did your circumstances qualify under the terms for them to apply the charge? Claim it didn't and force them to prove otherwise!

FerrellGas — illegal charge to remove tank

My wife and I decided to buy our own propane tank, and not use the one that we were renting from Ferrellga...

Ferrell Gasbeware they will leave you freezing

I' posting a complaint in reguard to Ferrell Gas company.On January 16th I decided that I would purchase propane from a company other than my normal company due to price almost .50 a gallon.Which is the least of my complaint.I ordered the gas waited several days for a driver to pull up nothing, so on Wednesday called them back to see when the gas is coming I'm at 15% at this time below zero weather.The lady said yes on Thursday or Friday.Great I thought!None to my suprise at 200 pm on Friday no gas 7% at this point.Called again they said on there way.5pm still nothing called them.They claim i was trying to put gas in a another companys tank.The tank clearly belongs to me they had confirmation from proir company that the tank belonged to me.Driver never came to my house no tracks to tank which is inside a fence.Ladies were rude and told me they didnt want to give me propane.Pretty much called me a lier>Had to rely on prior company.Dont depends on this company they will leave you cold and hanging.

Ferrell Gas — damaged driveway

On 2/11/2009 Driver Joe Limone, Truck #3789 delivered LP gas to my home in Franklin, NJ at 3:22 p.m. and...

FerrellGas mysterious price increase

I have been a loyal customer for over 8 years. This fall I called Ferrell to order propane. I was renting a tank from them. The rep stated the charge for my account was $4.95 per gallon. I was speechless. I just recommended a friend to Ferrell a month before and her price was around $2.00 per gallon. The rep said that was the price she was told to state on my account. I told her I would not be buying propane from them for that price. She proceeded to be very nasty with me and inform me that no one else could fill their rental tanks and I really didn't have a choice. I told her she could come pick up her tank and I would have someone else deliver another one. (Which I was able to do quickly and easily, at a lower rate with a nicer company)

When the driver came to pick up our Ferrellgas owned tank we learned the motivation behind the price increase and the rude behavior. We were told they wanted us to use a different company because we are a low consumption customer and they intentionally ran us off as a business strategy. So if you are a Ferrell customer... conserve energy and use less propane... be prepared to be treated rudely and receive $199.00 low usage bill... which they will wave once you agree to have them pick up your tank .. on which... you have already paid the yearly rental. Ferrellgas apparently sees every tank that is being rented to a long term customer with lower usage averages without a "Keep Full" contract as a wasted asset. That same tank can be rented to a new customer who is required to sign a "Keep Full" or other questionable contract without the full knowledge of the "Mysterious Business Practices" of Ferrellgas.

BEWARE and READ EVERY WORD!

mercychaplet Mar 03, 2014

The very same treatment is happening to me and Yes, I have found another propane supplier and will be changing very quickly. Not only did the price hike, they are taking their sweet time getting here and we are on about 1%. Thank you for your explanation, it all makes sense to me now!

• Fr
                        Frank_Law Feb 20, 2010

"Mysterious Business Practices"

What's the mystery? It's all a head-game designed to maximize profits. After all the exec's don't get the big bonues if they don't hit those Wall-Street numbers for thier banking masters!

How to get even. Where ever legal, record all your telephone calls. Keep every document. And be prepared to FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

DON'T BACK DOWN. DON'T WORRY ABOUT LOSING MONEY IF IT MEANS YOU GET TO HURT THEIR PROFITS!

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO ADOPT THE SAME ATTITUDE, for every ### sucking corporation that is now a part of the Fascist USA.