Facebook / facebook messenger/algorithm

1 1 Hacker WayMenlo Park, CA, United States

A friend had reached out to me via the Facebook Messenger app out of concern for my safety and wellbeing due to a domestic situation. Shortly thereafter, I found myself blocked from Facebook Messenger for a post I shared earlier describing racial discrimination on myself as a child. The post was not threatening, abusive, or offensive, and simply detailed information about my experiences. Their algorithm blocked posts, replies, instant messaging, and the ability to report a complaint or post on the public boards because I had allegedly violated community standards. This is not the first time they have blocked my account for flagrant reasons. There have been other sensitive or controversial topics I've posted about, non-abusive, in which there has been no good reason for them being blocked other than they might have been unappealing to some people. As a result of their extraneous blocking, I've lost contact for several days with friends whom I've been in contact with, providing support and help regarding my domestic situation.

Nm