Extreme Acai Berry / Unauthorized billing

1 4650 SW 51st St., Davie, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-350-8480

This company offering Free Trial has billed my card several times with no authorization ... calling, canceling and returning product was to no avail. I will have to cancel my card to stop them from billing. A BIG SCAM is this company...

What can be done? We are really dumb comsumers to even click on these web sites!

Pa

Comments

• Ro
      23rd of Oct, 2008
    Extreme Acai Berry - 14 day free tril & automatic billing
    California

I bought the ssam of the 3.95 for the 14 day trial.. then lost my job. The day I went to call in about cancelling they already took the 89.95 out of my account and I havent been able to get ahold of them on ANY number that I have been givin.

Is cancelling your current card and having another re-issued the ONLY way to stop them? I cant afford to loose anymore money and lame ### scams for my health.

Please let me know if there is any other way to stop them .. going through and changing all account info is time consuming and a headache.
    Thanks

• Mi
      24th of Oct, 2008
    Extreme Acai Berry - Automatic Shipment & automatic charge
    Fullfillment
    ExtremeAcaiBerry.com

When I get the free trial & paid $1.00 shipment on line, I did not know this company will automatically ship & charge my card monthly. I called the customer (1-801-208-7485) until now I could not get hold of them to cancell the automatic shipment & charge.

Can you help me get hold of this company . The confirmation order for the free trial # 2700733. It does not state that there will automatic shipment.

The product is shipped through UPS. Address:

Fullfillment - 4650 SW 51st St. Bay 711 Davie Fl 33314

• La
      27th of Oct, 2008

So I had to make alot of phone calls but here try this # out for acai berry 1-801-528-1391 I did get through to someone after holding over an hour...had to argue with ronald as to why I wanted to cancel...only after I requested a confirmation # did he give me one...hope this helps and hope it works!

• Sh
      6th of Nov, 2008
    Extreme Acai Berry - bogus phone numbers
    Florida
    Phone: 1 866 9384832

ORDERED TRIAL PRODUCT ONLINE FOR $5.95 ON 18 OCT 2008. SCHEDULEDD DELIVERY DATE 23OCT 2008. WHEN PRODUC T NOT ARRIVED BY THAT DATE, CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER PROVIDED. PHONE LINE CLICKED DEAD EACH TIME I CALLED. SEARCHED INTERNET AND PANICKED WHEN SAW BAD REVIEWS. CALLED CREDIT COMPANY TO STOP THE CHARGE. YET TODAY 5 NOV SAW THE CHARGE OF $5.95 AND SAMPLE NOT ARRIVED YET. I AM SURE I WLL SEE FUTURE CHARGES TOO AS I AM OUT OF THE 14 DAY TRIAL PERIOD TO CANCEL . WHAT AM I TO DO ? WHERE AM I TO CALL AND CANCEL. I AM FREAKING OUT NOW. ONLY OPTION LOOKS LIKE CANCELLING THE CREDIT CARD.CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE.

7th of Nov, 2008

I purchased the trial bottle for $3.95. After trying the product with no results, I tried to call the number listed 1-877-350-8480 on the order (which was bogus) and the number listed on my charge 1-801-208-7485 and was never able to get through. My card was then charged $89.31.

Could not locate a website and have contacted my card rep to dispute the charge.

• Al
      10th of Nov, 2008

I also had this problem and I spent 23 minutes on hold today to reach a person in their cancellation department. When I did there was not any hassle to cancel, but after reading this I am concerned that there might be. However I did receive a confirmation number.
    Here are the two numbers I found, maybe they will help you.

801-208-7485 (customer service)
    877-350-8480 (I got a person and canceled on this line)
    Good luck~

17th of Nov, 2008

This is the smartest thing you can do, and fast!
    After reading the fine print! which you should(i should) have done before sending info and pressing process order, checking complaints on company and panicking, called 1-800 number and no one answered, emailed, and no one replied.
    so I called Visa's fraud center, and changed my card number!! as simple as that, so the bogus company will only get the 6$ shipping charge, and then that's my fault for being so stupid!! I dont even need to lose more than 10 pounds, so back to the good old fashioned stair master!!
    To everyone, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is!
    act fast, and dont give your card number to these jerks! and most of all, dont get caught up in FREE TRIAL OFFERS!!!
    sylvie

18th of Nov, 2008

I saw on Oprah about acai berry and all of the benefits to your body! SO I went on-line to search for it and found a free trial! YAY!! COOL! And then I ordered it, and waited for two weeks and two days. I ordered it Oct. 16, 2008. It wasn't shipped from Florida until Oct. 27, 2008. I received it today (Nov. 3). I looked on my bank statement and I was charged $118.86 from someone I didn't even know! I also received a letter in it saying that if I didn't cancel my subscription to extreme acai berry in fourteen days of it being ordered, that they would charge me $89.31. They shipped it, giving it two days from the time that I needed to cancel the subscription. I received it Nov. 3, 6 days AFTER I had the option to cancel. On my bank statement it said that I was charged on my credit card for $118.89 from 'YOUR VIP FIT.' What the heck is a VIP FIT? I quickly called the acai company and told them that I would like a refund, they said it would take 14 business days. And I told them the amount I was charged and the date. They said that they only charged $89.31 on that day. I said no, my statement definately says $118.86, and they said that it wasn't them and told me to call a different number, so I called it and got nothing. But it was odd the way she told me the number. I was expecting the last four digits, and only received 3. So I said '770?' and she repeated '7770.' I found that really odd, maybe she made the number up? I have no made any action, but plan to go to the bank first thing tomorrow morning to see what they could do! I'm a student at university, I can't afford to lose $118 out of my pocket for nothing! I'm really worried, and hopefully some action can be made, because I will fight this!!

18th of Nov, 2008
    Extreme Acai Berry - Scam - unauthorized debit from bank
    Extreme Acai Berry
    4650 sw 51st street, Suite 711
    Davie - (zip) 33314
    Florida
    Phone: 18778591105

Ordered a free sample 21 September. They sent out a full shipment on September 27 and another on October 5 without authorization. The person "Noreen" said that it was my fault because I did not cancel. They will only give one refund - so the other shipment is just stolen money. The second bottle is not even the same stuff as the first!

I will file a dispute with the credit card company and hopefully will get my $89.31 back. Of course time will tell if "Noreen" really canceled the future shipments.

I was able to get through very easily - but I called the number shown above about 30 minutes before they close - at 9PM Mountain time.

20th of Nov, 2008
    Extreme Acai Berry - Unable to cancel a product i have never recieved
    Extreme Acai Berry
    212 Buxton Road, Furness Vale
    High Peak
    England, Derbyshire
    United Kingdom

I stupidly signed up for the "free trial" of this product not only did i not recieve the "free trial' but they have since taken out of my account the full price of the product. I have rung the number numerous times and have had no luck. The worry that they will continue to take money from my account is very real. It is wrong that this company is allowed to do this i have researced numerous websites about how to cancel this onec and for all but have had no luck, please help.

• Db
      20th of Nov, 2008

I too received the trial product, and 2 days later received a full bottle and was charged on my credit card 89.31. After many calls, I finally got a hold of customer service (after a very lengthy wait)between 6-8p.m. MST, and was told if I returned the product they would credit my acccount--They gave me a confirmation number and we will see if they keep their word on my next billing. I am disappointed in this type of deceptive marketing and will be very skeptical of ever ordering product on a trial basis again. Even if the product is good, I feel taken advantage of.

21st of Nov, 2008

I had heard from a cousin that the Acai berry juice was wonderful, fabulous, out of this world. After reading all of the information he had sent to us, I decided to go on the internet to do some research of my own. The 'juice' would sell for approx. $80/bottle, or that relates to $180/month for one individual at the portions they recommended.

After reading much information on the internet, I went the way that a number people have gone and ordered a free trial bottle of Acai Berry 500 tablets. Free for just $3.95 shipping and handling. The tablets didn't do anything for me. On their web page I did read that we had to cancel our 'membership' within 14 days or we would receive a supply monthly and an automatic charge to our credit card for $89.31. Well, I tried and tried to call the telephone number provided on the insert and printed on the bottle without success. Either the number was unavailable at the time or the circuits were overloaded, continually.

The insert in the free shipment, states 'Feel free to call us to re-order for a friend or if you simply have health questions. We are always helpful and hassle free Guaranteed!!!'.. 'thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will be charged... I understand that I may cancel any future shipments.

That is if I were able to reach them.

• Do
      24th of Nov, 2008

I have been done the same way...I can't reach anyone, and the bank told me that they had to actually deduct the money from my account before I could file a complaint about it instead of blocking them. I did get the free trial today..the last day I had to cancel the free trial offer...now I'm sure the charge will be there...TOTAL SCAM, and even if it works, I now want no part of it and don't know what to do...maybe we should let Rachael Ray know. If it's made aware live, then maybe that would help???
    Donna
    (the things we are willing to do to try to loose weight for the holidays!!)

27th of Nov, 2008

I ordered a trial bottle of Acai Berry 500. The product is solicited on the web page with the approval of Rachael Ray, and references to several television networks recommendations, such as CNN, CBS, and ABC. The charge for the sample trail showed up on my checking account record as MY VIP FIT 877-3508480 UT.

Today I found an additional charge to my checking account record in the amount of $89.31, contacted my bank immediately to report a fraudulent charge. When I tried to call the number to dispute the charges and cancel the automatic resupply the phone number was no longer in service. BTW, I found the small link to the terms at the bottom of the website page from which I ordered. When I checked-out one of their other websites the terms are clearly displayed next to the order form.

This is a quote from another consumer 'You do the math, one stupid consumer x $89.31 = $$$$$$ In these economic times, we don't need these kind of scams.'

29th of Nov, 2008

On October 13, I was surfing online and found an ad about Extreme Acai Berry tablets, which had great reviews according to the website. I did read the fine print, and I scoured the web for negative reports, but I did not find any. So, I decided to give them a try.

The trial period was for 14 days, which I reasoned was a good amount of time considering that there is shipping and handling involved. I went ahead and placed the order.

However, I didn't receive the product until day 11, which only gave me three days to try the product. That should have been my first sign to call and cancel, but since my work hours varied that weekend, I didn't get a chance to call until Monday (10/27), the 14th day of the trial.

So, I called early Monday morning, but the waiting time was too long. Then, at my lunch/break time, I called again. Guess what? No answer! So, I decided to call the second number listed on the fine print. Besides telling me that they had no account for me, they also told me that Extreme Acai Berry had another number that I could call.

So I called that number, and nothing. A message comes through my wireless provider that the number cannot be completed as dialed. I kept trying many, many times throughout the day, but I still did not get through.

On Tuesday, I tried again, and I finally got through. By that time, they had already posted the charge to my account. I tried to explain this to the customer service representative (CSR), but all she kept saying was that the agreement was that they would take the payment after the 14th day of the trial. Exasperated, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The CSR said there was no one else to speak to. I then asked for their physical address, making a decision to post my experience to this report.

I firmly believe that I could not get through to their customer service department because they wanted me to go through the trial without canceling in order to get their money. This is fraudulent, and they should be put out of business!

• Al
      1st of Dec, 2008

Please call your banks and get your debit cards cancelled. That should help solve the problem. I lost the shipping costs and also some 30 dollars to some FITFAT place. And educate more friends that these free trials are all bogus.

2nd of Dec, 2008

I ordred the free sample but once I saw that they were going to charge me I sent the product back with in the 14 days alloted. Its now going on a month of calling being on hold for atleast 20 mins and then being told the same thing each time. "It takes 5-7 business days to recieve a refund" I'm so fed up with this bs I cant believe a company can do this. So now Im out of my $89.00 and the "free" produce and what scares me even more is now they have my info. This is a complete scam, do not buy anything from them they are scam artists and they wont give you your money back.
    Beware of this product, you are better off going to the store. The 1800 number is a joke the people tell you their is no supervisor on duty and they cant let you speak to anyone else. I will be reporting this to the BBB.

3rd of Dec, 2008

I have been working on getting my funds applied back to my CCard for 6 months now. Originally I signed up for the 'free' trial offer which includes paying $3.95, then I received the trial product and canceled over the phone. I thought I was done with this company and did not think that the product had worked for me personally. Then when I was viewing my on line account I noticed an unfamiliar charge, once I looked it up I realized that I had been charged $89.31 from Extreme Acai Berry. I immediately contacted their 1-801-208-7485 # and explained that I had already canceled but still was charged. The representative advised that she would credit my account only after offering to send me additional products. I declined. I then received the product that I was charged for and marked return to sender. I waited a week and still had not received credit then called again. I spoke with a 'manager' this time named Monica who advised that she would credit my card and gave a confirmation # even. I still never received a refund and shortly after this I received an additional charge of $89.31 to my credit card and a new shipment of the product which I returned. I have called and written and e-mailed this company several times and will not stop until I get a complete refund minus the initial shipment fee for the free trail that I did use.

4th of Dec, 2008

I have just filed a compliant with the Better Business Bureau. Please do so also. We need to stop this illegal billing!

• Ad
      4th of Dec, 2008

Buying samples/free trials off the internet or television is the worst thing you could ever do. Companies like Wu-Yi Tea, Fit Factory, Acai Berry, Natural Cures, Online Health, etc, etc will all give you the same story "free-trial with a 14-day cancellation period" Problem is, most of the time you won't receive your "free" trial until AFTER the 14-day period has expired, which means you're automatically renewed for their monthly fee. Also these companies will sign you up for 1, 2 sometimes 3 more sites/products without telling you. Unfortunately, this information IS available on the merchant's website, usually buried in the fine print somewhere. Because of this, it is 100% legal for them to charge your account every single month under a variety of different merchant names. Charges that come associated with free trials are pricelimbo.com, web access, membership fees (usually with Wu-Yi Tea) and a variety of others. If you've paid for this with your credit card, you can dispute the transactions with your bank. The only thing is, you HAVE TO CANCEL with ALL the companies in order to be successful with your dispute. If you don't have phone numbers for the companies, your bank should be able to provide you with some. Otherwise, send emails, find a mailing address and send a registered letter, anything and everything you can think of. And keep copies of everything you do/send. Also, if these companies are still sending you any merchandise (the original company you ordered the sample from), you HAVE to send it back through registered mail so you can have a tracking number and postal receipt - otherwise, the company will simply claim they never received it, and you won't have any proof that it was sent. The worst part of these scams is what they're doing is completely legal (charging without your knowledge, charging under different company names, adding on additional services, etc, etc) so protect yourself. Bottom line: don't EVER order a "free" sample unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into canceling it. If something actually works, it'll be available in stores soon enough.