Expedia / liars

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Well what can I say I'm a cheap ###...I saw low price guaranteed on Expedia and went to see if its true...I was going on vacation so i wanted the bang for my buck...So I spent 30 mins searching through several websites ...most were exactly the same price as expedia.. until I found a European Site that has a HUGE difference in price... I proceeded to book my hotel with Expedia online... I called cutomer service 5 mins later to complain i found a better price... The CSR kept saying it must be a mirror image description of the hotel. the ### read word for word describing the room... describing the continental breakfast...describing the decor...The euro website gave me a total of $88. The expedia site gave me a total of $140.00... the csr was shocked to see such a huge price difference... and I was put on hold... as I've read in other blogs.. I guess its the death Hold...He came back and said oh no its not the same... our site says free wireless and your site doesn't mention free wireless. It's a totally different room. Sorry I can't refund you the difference...but i can give you $50 voucher.. I said Hell no maann GIVE ME My money he put me on hold ..he came back and said I can Give you $100 VOucher... SO i said Fine... I was gonna book more rooms at a differnt city for the following day so pretty much I got it for free. =0) Screw it I didn't get the $50 difference back but I made a free $50...JUST BE AWARE THE MONEY BACK IS A SCAMMMM ALL THEY DO IS TRY TO STIFF YOU WITH A $50 VOUCHER SAY NO I WANT MORE!!!...BEING CHEAP IS KING!!! by the way that Euro website is www.roomex.com I was afraid of putting my cc into the site... but you can at least us it to compare prices differenes with Expedia...to get your vouchers...

Comments

7th of Nov, 2008

I am an employee at a hotel and i will say this much... Third Party reservations is a bad idea. 90% percent of the time if you call the hotel and tell them that expedia has a different price the hotel will match that rate if you book it through the hotel.

Another MAJOR problem is, you have already paid for the room by the time you get to the hotel. So, what if you have problems IE: the wireless internet isnt working, the pool heater is broken, the elevator is out of service? Guess what? the hotel cant give you a discount for your stay... We have no control over the price once you pay for the room.

THINK ABOUT IT?

Is few dollars worth the risk? (most of the hotels rates are same as as a third party anyways WE ARE GETTING SMART!!!)

So, Call us FIRST!!!