Expedia / they screwed up my flight trips and I have to pay for it

1 United States

I called expedia directly for a vacation package to two Hawaiian Islands. We were to spend 4 days on the Big Island from April 21 to 25, 2008 and Maui on April 25 to 29. Well needless to say, for some reason, the agent, Dennis, booked out inter-island flight for June 25, 2008.

I am currently on hold with an expedia agent, Eda, she said we can still get our inter-island flight for the 25th of April, but I will have to pay the change fee of $25 per person plus whatever the airline fee is for the flight (increase or difference), which is my only option.

They set up the package for me, but I have to pay for their screw up. She said for me to get credited or for them to clear the matter without any further cost will be a very very long process. Only a manager or higher level will be able to make the decision.

I am now on hold for over 61 minutes and counting for a manager. She never once got back on the phone. In the meantime, I'm still stuck without an inter-island flight while Eda finds a manager for me.

Va