Europcar — scam
I had a hire car from Europcar Italy for two years. My contract was to hire a VW Passat for the total two years. Halfway through the second year the Car Rental Office telephoned me and insisted that I take an Italian car. I was very unhappy about this as I consider Italian cars to be unreliable.
I had to take the Italian car and during my family holiday in Austria, the car broke down. I telephoned Europcar, Bergamo Airport and their representative told me not to drive the car. Europcar then sent a tow truck out to collect the car and left me and my family stranded in Austria.
One month later, Europcar charged me 400 euros for the car being returned to a foreign office?
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019 
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar - damages not caused by me