Europcar International Logo

Europcar International

Having problems with Europcar International?

+43 1866 1633 (Austria)
+32 2348 9212 (Belgium)
+45 8933 1133 (Denmark)
+353 1812 2880 (Ireland)
+352 404 228 (Luxembourg)
+31 703 811 891 (Netherland)
+47 6716 5820 (Norway)
+351 219 407 790 (Portugal)
+46 8462 4848 (Sweden)
+41 848 808 099 (Switzerland)
+44 87 1384 1087 (United Kingdom)
+1 877 9406 900 (USA / Canada)
2 rue René Caudron - Bâtiment OP Parc d'Affaires "Val saint-Quentin"​
Voisins le Bretonneux
France - 78960

Complaints & Reviews

gratitude

After hiring 1 car (BMW) almost every month for three years and several others at various times as well Europcar has seen fit to send an account for 400.00 NOK to a Credit Company because they could not get the money from the card that I registered with them three months after I returned the car.

In the last year alone I paid Europcar Oslo over 75, 000.00 NOK!!!

I have repeatedly requested that I get air miles credited to my SAS account, to date I have not received one single credit.

How I regret to have paid a company so much money and to be treated in such a way.

They will never get the oppotunity to do it again to me.

breach of contract & debit of pmt without consent

I simply cannot believe Europcar! In their terms & conditions they say they going to give me a car which shall be supplied with an alarm and immobiliser. They didnt even bother telling me this or give me an option to upgrade upon collection of the car! This was only found out when the car was broken into the Hyundai & my GPS stolen. Their contract was in complete contravention with what their offering of their terms and conditions was! I had since received an invoice for the damages and had since challenged them on this & referred them to their clauses! This was done on TWO occasions to which they didnt bother responding, and to top it off, subsequent to the two email complaints, they still had the audacity to debit my credit card for the damage! I was informed that debiting a customer's credit card would only be done once they had received the customer's consent! What they have done is absolute fraud as NO consent was EVER given!! In addition, I am going to lay a formal charge of fraud against them and have the payment reversed as this was done without my consent or my knowledge & I was only notified of this when I had received my credit card sment! I am absolutely disgusted!

credit card buse

Beware of the bill- make sure you check Europcar/Alamo. I have been hiring for years and am fed up with the charges Europcar in Watford keep adding on at the end of a hire using the credit card details they have from you. I have had success in refunds, I hire so much I have separate insurance, and thankfully Barclaycard continues to come to the rescue at its own cost. Getting Europcar to respond in some cases must only work if you take legal action against them, which I would like to do. No point in giving you details- you have plenty of examples from other complaints. So all I can say is check your bill and make sure you pay with a company like Barclaycard who will investigate the fraud.

rental car scam

My specific problem was a passenger door lock scam that was neatly played by the boss/manager of the day. The girl who had checked my car out three weeks before just sat there and I believe is fully in on this scam. The manager came directly out, saw no dents or other marks on the body and then walked over to the passenger door lock and tried to lock it with the key. He did not try any other lock. It would not lock and he claimed that it was damaged when I had the car. It had not been checked by agent before we took the car and not marked on my rental car sheet as being defective. The door worked fine and the doors all locked with the key using the driver's side lock, which as the only driver I used every time. The car was at Oyster Bay Beach Resort the whole time, except for our few trips out when nothing had ever been left in the car and no one ever seems to have been near it. This was so well played that I am sure it was done on that vehicle many times before and will continue to be done in the future. The car was a white I 10, license # R 1041. I would be interested if anyone else had this happen to them at Europcar and especially with the same car.

Jan P. Aug 05, 2011

We rented a car there for a week over Eastern 2011 and the experience was very bad. The car was old and scrappy and they made us pay 150€ extra for a "compulsory insurance" that was never mentioned in the booking confirmation from their website. Comment: "We don't care what the Europcar Computer says..."
    When we refused to pay they used the pre-signed authorization and charged my credit card anyway. Very disappointing and not at all recommendable. There are lots of others - book your car there.

Jan

• Tr
    trips3 Nov 30, 2012

I was just in St. Maarten, rented a White I10 from Europcar for 1 week, (I think the license plate was 2531), and I noticed that the key did not work in the passenger door. Other than the fact that I could never open the door for my wife, I didn't really care, and just always locked/unlocked the door from the driver side. I never mentioned it and I wasn't charged extra for damages either. I'm just mentioning it since apparently it might have been used in the past as a scam. I wonder if it is normal, or at least common for the keys to only work in the driver side. (Maybe this happens when someone loses the key and they only bother to replace one lock.)

Also, I reserved my car on Orbitz and it was $10/day + taxes which came to $120 total for the week. When I got there, they had a sign explaining there is compulsory insurance. There were 3 different levels of insurance, and the one we were forced to purchase was the cheapest at $8/day. I still don't know if I was scammed or not, but at $18/day I didn't care too much, since it was still pretty reasonable. Though I did ask for the final price, and was told something like $250. After I questioned that, and explained I was expecting 120 + 8*7 = approximately $176, they then told me with tax it would be around $185, which I agreed to. One annoying thing was the preauth on the CC was $800. But after I returned the car, they charged just the $185 and the auth was removed.

• Am
    AminaM Jul 04, 2013

Just had the same problem with the same car!! We rented this Hyundai from Europcar for 10 days and just have it back to Safari car rental as Europcar's desk was closed at 6am. Already weird... The guy from safari told us the passenger door key was broken and didn't work. When we took the car 10 days before, this hasn't been checked.
    The rental car mentions a non-defective key and handle and I agree. My handle was working on the driver's side but not all the handleS plural. The nug wrench was missing but we never checked it with the guy from Europcar. Of course he had me sign that everything was in order. Why would I steal a nug wrench? Although it can be useful ;) I am so furious. Another tourist who was giving back her rental car told us it already happened to her on a previous trip (still Europcar) and they tried to play this scam on her again when she rented this car. So sketchy. I filled an incident report . How did it all end up for you guys? Was any extra money charged on your card? I am so furious.

• Di
    Disappointed7/2013 Jul 22, 2013

I reserved a car online from Europcar and thought that I was going to get a corrolla or similar for $20 per day. Upon arrival in St Maarten, I was driven to the office and was told that they didn't have any corrollas and was offered a yaris. I made it very clear that was a rip off being that a yaris is smaller than corrolla. I was offered a Nissan almeda which in my eyesis similar to a corrolla but it would be $30 per day. The representative that we dealt with was extremely rude and i was turned off by his attitude. Being that it was late, i ended up taking the car. He told me that the yaris was a 2012 however, I later found out that it was a 2010. Do not rent with this company, hertz and thrifty are highly regarded on the island.

• Fr
    Frustratedguy1 Jan 13, 2019

Just returned from St. Maarten, and Europcar is still practicing the same tricks. I paid the compulsory extra fee for the liability insurance. If it's required, why is it not part of the quoted price? Additionally, Europcar gave me a car that was substantially smaller than the car I ordered and offered me no adjustment to the price. A representative claimed that they were not "in charge" of their inventory. This has happened to me several times previously, but on all other occasions, other companies offered me a larger or better car than what I ordered. The car wasn't available at the time I reserved it, and when it showed up, they still had to gas it and "detail" it. The car was scraped and dented and the front fender was held together by sheet metal screws. I was in a pinch and took it on the chin, but I vowed to let other potential renters know about their tactics. I wish I had read these reviews before booking. There are lots of rental car options on St. Maarten and would not recommend Europcar.

[Resolved] unrecognised transaction

I rented a car from Europcar on from the 29-30 of Sept. I paid it immediatly with my credit card and I wa...

left strnded

My wife with her aunt and cousin as well as our 2 daughters had to fly to perth for emergancy family issues. 2 Days before the flight we booked an Audi A6 with Europcar via thier website. There was 3 full adults and 2 children along with the laugage and we felt the A6 was the largest car around, plus had the GPS built in.

When they tried to collect the car at Perth airport they were told that WE (not europcar) had canceled the booking and that there was no car avaiable. My wife insisted that we definatly had not canceled and that we had recieved no notice at all of the cancelation. To the service desk ladies credit she tried to arrange something, but all she had was a Hyndi Getz, which would be lucky to get 2 poeple and bags into. Fortunatly another rental company was able to supply a large sedan, but only after an hour of hastle at the airport in what is already a stressful time.

Be sure to phone and confirm your booking, make sure you take the name of the person. Do not trust thier website bookings as it managed to cancel our booking without warning !!

fraud use of visa card & excess refueling charge

We had a 3 day rental and left Visa for deposit only as the actual rental was a freebie from another company.

We returned car and there was no attendant to check fuel level after I just filled it.

Returned to Canada and got a Visa charge for $215.00 Canadian for refuelling. Note above, I refilled it at the airport.

I wrote to Europcar and no response after 10 weeks.

2 weeks later a $35.00 Cdn. unauthorized charge appeared on our Visa.

We are fighting both charges but the second item is scary it is clearly "fraud". the other refuelling charge is outrageous and borders on fraud as if it was missing fuel it would have been less thatn $14.00 or 10 Euros.

Beware of this company and be careful, the Web has a lot of Italian Europcar complainst, more than any other company. Maybe the employees get the money, who knows.

taking money from our visa for no reason

We rented a car from Travel Jigsaw Limited this Aug 10. We arrived in Alicante airport and collected our car from Europcar. We received a damage report on the car which we checked but nobody was there to check it with us. We returned the car after having a great holiday and handed over the keys to Europcar. They asked if everything was ok and we said yes.

2 weeks later we noticed that a fee of 340 euro was taken from our visa card from Europcar. We queried this through Travel Jigsaw who said that it would take 28 days for them to get a response from Europcar.

There was absolutley NO damage at all to the car when we left it back and we are horrified that they took money from our account for no reason.

We got an email back to day saying that it was for damage. No explanation just for damage!!

We replied asking what damage but it will probably take another 28 days for them to get back to us again!

I honestly feel that this is some sort of scam. They had no body at the airport to check the car when we picked it up or dropped it off. Can you please advise us on what to do next,

didn't returned money owed

Promised 13 rounds of golf, Ford Mondeo wagon for rental car and refund based on lower exchange rate. Have not received proper amount. Our itinerary was mailed to us and it looked complete. Then the car rental company Coolabar used ran out of cars so they booked with Discount Car Hire. The email they sent to Discount Car Hire said we were arriving at 0700 (I think they would have preferred 7:00 am). After two long flights we were at the airport with no car service. Upon calling DCH we were told to find another rental company, which we did and drove to St. Andrews, Scotland. Upon Coolabar finding out they had DCH send a car out to St. Andrews from Glasgow, despite my telling them it was not necessary as we'd rented a car for our two week trip and asked that they just refund that part of the itinerary. My request was ignored and DCH showed up with a car with over 70k miles and not near what we were promised in our contract. We were charged for a days rental by Europcar, who we'd rented from when DCH did not produce a car. I was told by Coolabar that DCH would return the car for us and the billing would be taken care of, however that turned out to be not the case. In addition to not being reimbursed for the one day car rental we were charged by Europcar we were charged the same amount for a lesser car than was promised by Coolabar. In addition to this our contract/itinerary stipulated that our trip included 13 rounds of golf. I was told by Coolabar that we would be reimbursed for the green fees at St. Andrews if we happened to play the three courses we'd preferred. We did play those courses and paid out of pocket despite payting for them through Coolabar as well. All other courses and all hotels checked us in with no issue and seemed to be paid by Coolabar, however: When we got home I contacted Coolabar to resolve the issues. After about two months of trying to resolve the issue we were offered a check of $348 against what we expected, roughly $750 per person. We were told the following: Royal Dornoch golf course and Holiday Inn airport didn't charge them, so we apparently were responsible for that. We were undercharged by Coolabar due to their miscalculations, so were responsible for that. The exchange rate wasn't ever fully returned despite being directly told by Kelly (owner of Coolabar) that we would be. The three green fees from St. Andrews were not returned. And to top it off we were not given the approximate $300 for the one day of rental by Europcar. From being owed $750 each were offered the $348 total based on some ridiculous calculations that Coolabar construed to keep from paying us what was rightfully owed. Upon returning our calculations we were told that their figures were final and we haven't heard from them since. I have the itinerary with all pricing and had we known we had to pay for St. Andrews out of pocket without being reimbursed we would not have booked with them as it would not have been a savings. That with the car issue made for a trying experience and I believe we are being wronged by a company that does not want to pay back what is rightfully due. You are forewarned. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM.

damage surcharge

I normally hire with Hertz. This time I hired a compact car (Vauxhall Meriva) with Europcar. A very big...

hidden charges

I Hired a car from Europcar at the Toulouse airport in July for 21 days.

I specifically stated that I DID NOT require to pay for CDW.

I gave them my credit card details so that they could charge me for any damage to the car.

When I returned the car, in perfect order, yes, they inspected it very closely. I was in formed that there was 346.60 Euros to pay!!

The car had been pre paid for so I asked what the chatges were for.

Apparently, according to Europcar, I had opted to take their SERENITY PACK!!

As I had no idea what a Serenity Pack is, and still don't, how the hell could I have opted to pay for this??

I asked to see the manager at the depot, to be informed that he was away for the next 3 days. I was given a telephone number, that aws no use as we were flying back to the UK.

I demanded an email address and was given n.[protected]@europcar.fr

ALL MY EMAILS TO THIS PERSON HAVE COME BACK AS UNDELIVERED!!.

It appears that this person does not exist, no one at Europcar or the agency I booked the car through have ever heard of him!!

Does anyone have an email address for Europcar in France where I can seek redress?? I have been on to their French website, and it is all in French. Very difficult to lodge a complaint when you cannot find you way around the website!

The way we have been treated by Europcar in France is appaling, I intend to continue pursuing this until I get some satisfaction.

The motto is Europcar, forget it, go to someone you can trust!!!

credit card scam

I am 65 years old from bahrain and a regular visitor to uk since 1974, this is the first time I get fooled

When the company (Europcar) man told me that they will hold a deposit which I did not bother to ask him the amount, just know I realise why he was very kind with smiling face,

You can believe it or not he did not told me any thing about the charges
• £174.75 - super personal accident insurance
• £170.00 - fully inc. Cover
Even I don't understand what is the coverage

I agree with
• £85.00 - basic rental-upgrade
• £51.02 - fuel charge
As he explained to me these items
Can you explain to me why they did not ask me to sign an itemize invoice
I was naive to trust verbal deal.
Don’t believe verbal deal and don’t give card imprint as they will charge you
Without your authority

• Wt
    Wtay01 Aug 01, 2009

My daughter hired a Europcar in London in July, 2009. She has subsequently been charged $2200 to her credit card without any reason. They have double charged her for the young drivers fee and have not credited her with two lots of security costs. She is very upset and from the looks of some of the comments here, she is unlikely to get her money back.
    It seems to me that there are loopholes in some of these rental contracts which give unscrupulous companies the freedom to charge what they want without justification. There also seems to be little legal recourse for the ordinary consumer. Perhaps it is time that something is done to stop these type of practices.
    All I know is that I am in Australia and she is in England. She is very upset as she has saved for a long time to go on this holiday, and her first experience in England has been to be ripped off.

lies and rip off

We had booked a car in the ‘fun’ category for a trip to Italy. As the category listed mini convertible as the option, I emailed the centre in Italy to request we get a mini as our car choice as our booking was dependent on this. I received a direct response confirming this and guaranteeing that a mini cooper convertible would indeed be waiting for us when we arrived.

Happy this was the case we proceeded with our booking and arrived, at the time was stated for our incoming flight to collect our car. After much debate it was confirmed the last of such car had been handed to another customer and there were no more remaining. The sales representative went back and forward to several departments many times and confirmed despite our written guarantee we wouldn’t have a mini or actually indeed- any car in the category we had booked. Every car in this category had already been taken that day, despite us arriving shortly after mid day as we had said . My girlfriend was in tears and this ruined several trips and parts of our holiday we had planned specifically around having this car.

Instead we were assigned a standard ford estate car as opposite a make model/category of car you could get to the actual category we had booked and also taken the time to request a specific car in that category and received written confirmed we would definitely get this assigned.

To make matters even worse- upon being shown our car, it was in an appalling state. It had obviously not been cleaned inside or out after the previous owner and was filthy. The car was covered in dust and scratched, and inside were still moist stains all over the seats, and mud and muddy footprints on the floor. Luckily my girlfriend noticed just before she sat down or would have actually had her clothing stained such was the disgusting state the seats were in. We had to spend around an hour scrubbing the interior of the car later that day to actually make it into a state for regular use, again a complete inconvenience to our holiday and just should not have happened

To my email sent last year regarding this, I couldn’t have receive a less concerned response from them, simply stating the employee who promised us our car shouldn’t have, and that was that! I cant believe they actually expect customer to expect as an excuse stating an employee going against procedures resulting in customers being several inconvenience, being given false promises and not receiving goods they had booked an paid for. I don’t care that this wasn’t your usual procedure! The fact was, we received written confirmation, from one of their employees and under the company name, guaranteeing us the make of car in the category of cars we had booked. Had this not been the case we would have cancelled with our booking and gone with a firm in Italy who specialise in convertible cars of this nature. We were given misleading information, the promise was not honoured and we not only didn’t receive the car we had been assured we would- but also not any other similar model in the specific category we had requested and booked. The car we received was totally different to the model we had booked for, and also in a filthy state. I’m sure I don’t need to highlight the immense disappointment, frustration and inconvenience this series of mistakes caused us and the negative impact it had on our holiday.

Clearly, we did not receive the service we had booked, or paid for... they couldn't care less!

100% shoddy.

over charging

Hi,

I have been overcharged by Europcar and I am having issues getting them to refund the money.

Please find a breakdown of all cost below:

Rental (14 days) : R3531.72
Damage waiver : R1708.00 (Was not informed of and did not agree to this charge)
Theft waiver : R1260.00 (Was not informed of and did not agree to this charge)
Fuel : R317.25
Additional driver : R220.00
Contract fee : R45.00
Tourism Levy : R35.32
Airport Surcharge : R353.17

Total : R7470.46

When we arrived at the Europcar office Europcar did not have the car that we reserved. The agent offered us a cheaper car at our inconvenience as it was a smaller car and it had a manual transmission. The agent quoted a new price for us which was cheaper than the car we originally booked, she informed us of the additional charges and gave us the final price which we agreed to (Approx R3, 500 + Tourist Tax + Airport Tax + additional driver), it did not include the charges that I want Europcar to refund (Damage waiver and theft waiver).

A few days after the booking off the car I got a phone call from the Europcar agent saying that they needed me to sign another agreement as my credit card did not come out correctly on the original rental agreement. She was quite pushy and did not give me many details as to why I had to sign another rental agreement I tried to arrange that I sign the new rental agreement on my return with the car but she said this was not possible. I waited in the apartment for the agent to arrive (she arrived late) when she arrived I just signed the new rental agreement as I had already waited too long for this person and had made plans for the day.

I feel this just looks like a big scam to me and also I am not happy with the customer service Europcar have provided me with to date, this matter has gone on too long (89 days since collecting the car at the Europcar office).

I travel regularly for business and for pleasure I have used Europcar before in UK, Spain and France but nothing like this has happened to me before. The price which they have charged me is more than I would pay in any other European country it is scandalous.

Can you please help me with this matter? Once I noticed this inflated charge on my credit card I complained straight away. Since then I have been bounced from person to person in Europcar. I have not had any constructive response to date and I am becoming more and more frustrated usually it will take at least 1 week minimum for Europcar to respond to my mails.

Cathal

conspiracy to defraud

Expedia and Europcar have teamed up in a foolproof scheme to defraud car renters at the St Maartin airport. It is a very effective scheme since the coompany making the fraudulent representations (Expedia) does not make the credit card charge and the companyi making the charge (Europcar) which has made no fraudulent misrepresentation.

It works like this> When you get the price quote from Expedia they do not disclose that Europcar has a $8.00 per day (plus taxes) "mandatory insurance" charge. The price quote from Expedia includes the basic car rental charge and taxes and fees (no mention of the fee for the "mandatory insurance" Rxpedia also states that the rental facility desk and cars is at the airport proper. (The cleverness and impact ot this falsehood will be expllained below.)

When you get to the SXM airport and go to the Europcar desk you cannot sign in. You are directed to a van which takes you to the OFF AIRPORT lot where you first learn about the mandatory insurance fee. Upon protesting they tell you that you are free to leave (of course you would have to find transportation back to the airport and try to find another rental) and they insist that if you want the car you sign the contract and take it up with Expedia.

This happened to me in January 2010. I signed under duress ("duress" since I had been lured to the off airport rental facility by Expedia's misrepresentation) convinced that either Expedia or my credit card company would protect me.

When contacted, Expedia stated that it could do nothing since it had no control over Europcar, When contacted, Europcar stated that it could do nothing because it had no control over Expedia. When contacted, my bank (whose card is no longer in MY wallet) stated that it could do nothing since I had signed the credit card slip.

Cool!

beware

I booked and paid for a car over the internet for Innsbruck Airport but had no credit card to present at pick-up so they refused me the car even though I had plenty of other means of payment. A bad start to out holiday.

Their booking confirmation email did say to bring to present a credit card at pick-up, which I didn't thinking debit cards were better and having not used a credit card in years.

I asked for a refund and was told to write. First mail ignored. Next mail threatening legal action and bad publicity worked but they still had the cheek to deduct a 10% cancellation fee

toll charges

I wish to know if anyone else has experienced late Car Hire Charges, over the past year i have regularly hired cars from Europcar, Stavanger Norway.

This i was very happy to do as they provided at the time a very good service to me, but over the festive session i have recieved 3 additional invoices from Europcar relating to additional toll charges, which has come up to 3-4 months after the car hire period.

When hiring a car in Norway, due to the number of tolls on the road i get Europcar automatically to activate the toll sensor on the car so as you pass the tolls the lights turn green thus the charge is automatically sent to the hire company registered against the number plate on the car.

Now all my Europcar final Invoice bills have come normally 10-15days after the car hire period, thus i have been invoicing my customer, but i find it very strange that i should be recieving invoices from Europcar some months after the hire periods.

Europcar's management reply is that they say it takes some months for them to recieve all the toll charges, and that i have no option but to pay.

Anyone have any advice, as its a bit embarrising having to go back to my customer now months after invoicing them asking for these charges to be paid, the 3 invoices only adds up to approx 800 nok but its the principle of the way they treat you isnt very customer friendly.

customer abuse

Being a frequent easyJet customer, I was used to rent my car from Europcar, their preferred partner.

My destination is mostly Malaga, Spain.

Recently I was abused by Europcar, since they charged me for a damage that was already present on the car. It was minor damage on the front spoiler, several small indents any car would encounter during its life, due to some projection particle on the road.

I am not the only one being abused this way, my father, who also frequently fly to Malaga already encountered this kind of problem time to time.

The trick they use is almost always the same: they show you a more obvious damage, like a bump on a wing, or a big scratch on the painting, and they tell you it will be noticed on the rental contract so you won’t have to be worried.

Taking it as granted, you usually trust the employee and do not check the rest of the vehicle.

But when you return the car, an “inspector” scrutinizes the vehicle for any other thing they didn’t mention to you, and inevitably they find something, like problems on spoilers or bumpers they were actually already present but you didn’t notice.

They usually charge you Euro 200 to 350 for this, and while you can complain, they argue that once the contract is signed, you accepted everything.

I STRONGLY recommend you will choose another rental company. Not only they are not the cheapest one - you might thing they would be since they claim discount when you fly with easyJet - but they really abuse you when they can.

The above is based on my – and my father’s - experience with Europcar Malaga, but for sure I will never rent a car from this company anymore.

customer abuse

My destination is mostly Malaga, Spain.

john.doe.3 Oct 23, 2014

They also buy lists of names, emails and phone numbers from EasyJet. I'm getting spammed by Europcar on the email address I specifically created when I flew easyjet. That's how I track who sells my info and who eventually buys it. I don't know why EasyJet exists, and I'm amazed there's AllegiantAir here in the US. I thought us americans are better at voting with our wallets. How much longer until AllegiantAir files for bankruptcy?

excess charges

My family traveled to Argentina on vacation. We reserved a car with Europcar. We were charged over $400 US more than we agreed to for the car. We have tried to contact Europcar repeatedly. They don't answer their e-mails. I have held over two hours waiting to talk to them on the phone. Finally they said they would refund us. They have told us twice by e-mail and once by phone that they would refund us. More than three months later we are still being charged the excess $420.

• Nb
    NBH Sep 08, 2009

I recently hired a Europcar rental car in Slovenia, booking the car in UK being a UK resident and paying for FULL insurance.Near the end of the holiday the car broke down and as my agreement was for an automatic a replacement was not immediately available.I did get an automatic 48 hrs later.This car was also defective (Aircon was ineffective), but it was near the end of my holiday so I decided not to waste any more time.My initial car was 75% full of fuel when it was taken away.Upon returning 2nd car at Ljubljana airport full of fuel as per agreement there were no complaints from the company about 2nd car. When I subsequently received my credit card statement I had been charged an extra £50 instead of getting a small refund for loss of car + excess fuel.Despite several phone calls and emails I have not had it explained what the charges were for. I am told the Slovenia office despite several requests from UK office for this information have NEVER replied to the request!!!.I can only suggest to anyone considering using this company be aware, dont, you are more than likely to be excess charged as you have no choice when hiring a car to give credit card details.Also it seems they have no real interest in persuing complaints on your behalf.

• Sh
    Shiftee Jun 03, 2016

My family traveled to Argentina on vacation. We reserved a car with Europcar. We were charged over $400 US more than we agreed to for the car. We have tried to contact Europcar repeatedly. They don’t answer their e-mails. I have held over two hours waiting to talk to them on the phone. Finally they said they would refund us. They have told us twice by e-mail and once by phone that they would refund us. More than three months later we are still being charged the excess $420.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices