Etisalat / iphone

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Etisalat has done it again...
I was / am unfortunate enough to subscribe to their much heralded Iphone 3G launch and promptly picked up one unit from their HO. From the start itself I had a bad feeling as it took the skilled customercare staff 2 weeks to get my Internet up and running. Well then I thought that this was an initial hiccup. But Woe on me ... Moe was about to happen . One fine day my phone just stopped ringing, no sound at all, but i wasnt fazed, I did the following steps,
Checked whether my mute was on - It wasnt
Tried changing the ringtone - No luck
Reset all settings from the device itself - No luck
Connected to Itunes (8 version) on my laptop and restored all settings - No Luck
Also checked whether my firm ware was upto date and it was.

All this took only a day and the next day morning full of optimism and faith I called 101 (Etisalat Online number) and got connected to a smooth talking gentleman.
He asked me to repeat all what I have done previously and after a lot of convincing (he did not like the fact that I have done all trouble shooting without consulting customercare) he said he would send a mail to Apple wizards who sit in a faraway country (NY I think it was) and they would make my phone ring again. He took my E-Mail id also.
Nothing happened for the next 2 days and i was having to use eye relaxants often since i had to keep a keen eye on the phone to know whether somebody was calling me.
Then I call 101 again and this time it was a smart lady - she asked me all the same questions that the smooth talking gentle man asked and asked me for a complaint reference number . When I told her that i did not have it she tsk tsked but assured me that she is going to log a new complaint in the system and my mobile number would be the reference for me and I thanked her contritely and asked her when can it be resolved. I was given a leadtime of 1 day and i got off the phone .
Nothing happened for the next 3 days and by this time I was slowly going to pieces and with my wives urging, switched to my old (and trusted) Nokia .
The next day I call again (its been almost 6 days now) and now get another voice again which again took me through all the usual song and dance stuff and promised me to resolve the issue in 24 hrs time .
Waited for the next 4 days and called them again yesterday and got a caring chap online and after the usual questions (Can recite it in my sleep) he actually asked me to get in touch with the supervisor and tentatively put forward the fact known to me for the last 11 days that the device speaker must be the culprit and etisalat would have to replace the unit. However the Superviser would be notified of this and he would call me asap.
Its been 24 hrs since that I am waiting and my phone is silent...
I have a request nay advice to Etisalat, Worldclass service is not claimed, it is earned...

Bi
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mo
      8th of Jun, 2010

it is 1 AM in dubai and i couldnt sleep because this issue.
    i have an Iphone 8 GB 3G, plan 4 for 2000 MB free, i was shoked that my data connection was disconnected on the 5th of june when i called 101 they said i have a bill of 1200 AED because of over use, i didnt want to make an issue out of it so i paid it... then i was told it will be getting reconnected in 1 hour... this is the third day i have just called 101 and they are telling me i have to pay 12000 AED, twelve thousand yes.

they say i used 6 GB in 5 days can any one tell me if that is possiable??

i am going tomorrow to etisalat if my issue is not sloved i am really going to court

look at other peoples complains you will feel your complain is simple:)