[Resolved] Etihad Airways / non alcoholic drinks should be served separately from alcoholic drinks

good day

Please be advised that I am a muslim passenger and as I am sure the airline is aware, alcohol is completely forbidden for us.

I was on board a connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to south Africa on 25/07/2018 and when offered something to drink, I asked for a coke zero and was given this in a plastic cup...before I could drink it, I immediately got a strong smell of alcohol coming from the cup. to my horror, the bottom of this cup was messed with alcohol obviously the alcohol dropped on to the trolley that the flight attendants use to serve these drinks.

I am absolutely appalled by this kind of mistake as my religion does not permit alcohol at all.
I was highly offended by this and although the attendant offered me a wetwipe and took the cup away, this in no way satisfied this absolutely horrific occurrence.

I demand that something be done about this

Etihad is a big well renowned airline I don't understand why muslim travelers are not strictly catered for.

I have travelled on other airlines and they serve soft drinks in its original can, this prevents contact with any alcoholic drinks at all.
Or a completely different cart should be used

why have you not put some system in place to ensure this is prevented at all costs????
Please get back to me as I would like to know why this airline is so lax regarding such a big thing.

Zaheera Jogie
+[protected]
South Africa

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 01, 2018

Hi Zaheera, we're sorry to learn about this. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our services. Your feedback will be passed on. Thanks. *Ivy

Za