Epoch.com / fraudulant debits

1 unknown, unknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: unknown

29 sep 2008 debit card purchase epoch.com [protected] usa 43.85

29 sep 2008 debit card purchase epoch.com [protected] usa 6.27

The above 2 debits to my savings account at westpac bank in australia are completely unknown to me and I suspect a mistake or fraudulent debit transactions to my account vias my linked debit card. Please reverse these transactions and stop or cancel any possible subscriptions I may have in existence in this regard. I am on a pension and I barely eak by on this - these unatorised debits will literally be the death of me. Please assist me as I have no idea whatsoever about these transactions and/or subscriptions - I ask that you please refund this money asap as I cannot survive this situation.

My name is given above and so is my email. My address is 23/10 dowling steeet, woolloomooloo 2011, new south wales in australia.
Thankyou for your anticipated help and kindness with this very unhappy situation for me.

Regards,
Tim hine

Comments

• Ad
      4th of Dec, 2008

Epoch.com is a third party website that allows for 'discreet' billing on your bank and credit card statements. Often, the company you originally did business with is an adult website. If you've ever signed up for a free-trial of any sorts (even for products such as health books) it's very likely that it's coming from them. You have to fill out a form on the epoch.com website for the payment to be accepted, so it's often a legitimate charge that people either forget about, or don't realize. You can dispute the charge with your bank if it's on your credit card, but canceling the number won't necessarily stop them. They're very proud of their billing practices, and 95% of the time their charges are legitimate. It may not even necessarily have been you: think of who has access to your cards (spouse, children, friends, family) and try to get to the bottom of it. To make it stop, you have to cancel with the original company you did business with.

also, this website isn't your bank. It's merely a forum for complaints so that consumers can be better educated about who they give their bank information & credit card numbers to. If you want to make a formal complaint, you will have to contact your bank directly. This website has nothing to do with why you're being charged

• Pe
      6th of Jan, 2010

Ya know TIm, one thing I have found out since I have been on Social Security Disability here in Oregon, USA, and that is NOT to mention (other than here, of course) that you are just eking by and are on a fixed income. I dont completely understand the thinking behind this, but we are prime targets for frauds like this. This is not the only fraudulent company to hit my Debit Account, and from now on, I am Self Employed, Baby! Just a thought, from experience.