Encore Marketing / fraudulent practices
I had ordered a jacket from Appleseeds on line and after the transaction was completed a web page followed (pop-up I suppose) telling me that I was entitled to free shipping on my order. My shipping cost was only $5 so I decided not to pursue that. I was also offered a $15 coupon on my next order which I did pursue until I realized I would be signing up for some membership thing I didn't want. So I closed the website without signing up for anything. I didn't notice that my credit card was being charged $14.95 a monthright away, but when I did I hit the roof. Nowhere on the charge was the name Encore Marketing - I found out the name when I called to complain. I complained so vigorously that they offered to refund 12 months of charges to my credit card. That may have been a promise just to get me off the phone.
Then I called Appleseeds to complain about their affiliation with Encore Marketing and got a big runaround from them too. Like it was all my fault that I apparently didn't read every bit of the small print or uncheck some box or other and that I thought I was still dealing with Appleseeds. Appleseeds is complicit in this fraud as is Drapers and Damons. I got hoodwinked by Encore Marketing through Drapers and Damons a couple years ago.
I will pursue this.
More Encore Marketing Complaints & Reviews
- Proflowers / Freeshipping.com - Scam 
- Proflowers / Easy Saver 800 - 355 - 1837 - Unauthorized Charges 
- Ezsver Rw & Proflowers - Illegal charge on credit card 
- Cmgfreeshipping.com Proflowers - Free Shipping HOAX 
- Encore Marketing - marketing scam 
- Proflowers - roses for vday!
- Proflowers.com - Sneaky hidden charges
- Easy Saver Reward / Pro Flowers.com - Fraud 
- Proflowers - Overcharge scam
- Proflowers - proflowers order: 112124949929