Empire Today / cost of quote

1 Hillsborough, NC, United States Review updated:

Unfortunately I did not know about this website until after a sales rep came to the house. He basically brought in three samples ran through a couple really quick and then said this is the one you would be interested in. After measuring the house he added up his quote. I was completely set back by the amount they were going to charge. It was more than double the quote from Lowes. When I asked the breakdown, so that maybe we could select a less expensive carpet he stated "we don't give a breakdown in cost". It was amazing to see the difference in his tone after I told him about the Lowes quote. Wish I would have seen this site first - it would have save me the time and trouble.

Ka

Comments

• Te
      28th of Nov, 2011

They have to give you a target price first which is at 10% commission rate. You would not buy it at that price anyway and they know it. They then have to give you discounts for sign in yard mid week install etc... they then have a 8%, and the a 6% commission rate that even then your not buying . They then have to call the sales manager and give them the info you and sales person talked about. They will drop the price up 50% below the low 6% commission rate for the sales person if you tell them you will buy that day . They think when you see a huge discount you will buy and that's the plan they work with . Stay with a local company because you can bet your getting a good price the first time. Also they want you to do next day install so they have your money and jobs is done and you are not going out to price check it. They also will give the sales person and bad closing rate for not closing the sale and that amounts to the not getting leads.