Empire Today / don't use empire!!!

Had a guy come out to give us a free estimate. I was warned by my co-workers that Empire Today is expensive but I decided to go with the free estimate to see how much they really cost since their commercials always say they're like 50% off.

So they guy came out gave us a quote of about $2600. He said they couldn't finance the carpet that we had to pay upfront. He also said we wouldn't qualify for financing even if we had exceptional credit. He suggested that if we couldn't pay the total upfront then to just do one room first and that came to about almost $1100. The estimator was really pushy trying to get us to purchase the carpet even after I told him we'd think about it several times. He said that we lived far and he drove 40 miles to come out, etc. He also kept saying how Home Depot give incorrect quotes and they're more expensive.

I was really upset with Empire. I hate people that try to push me to buy something I don't want to.

We then had the Home Depot estimator come out and estimated the same area. It came out to be $1400 ($1100 less than Empire).

In the end we went with Home Depot. I don't recommend Empire to anyone. I should've listened to my co-workers in the first place. I hope you don't have a nasty situation like I did. Boy, was it hard to get rid of the guy. He was turning red and sweating right before he left, which told me he was mad.

Ab

Comments

• Co
      16th of Apr, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Pe
      2nd of Nov, 2011

LMAO! Consumer Advocate Team? SERIOUSLY? You are right up their with the non-existent Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager who DOES NOT EXIST! Hey, about that wonderful Tim Sherwin ... you know the brand ambassador of Empire Today?!!! I ONLY PRAY THAT THIS COMPANY FAILS MISERABLY. PACK OF CON ARTISTS WHO NEED TO BE IN JAIL.