Empire Carpet / Switch and bait!

1 11o3 surrey aveMillville, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 856 765- 3498

When I decided to get laminate flooring from empire carpet in 2003, three different salesmen from that company came to my home and gave me three different prices on the same living room floor for the same product. I ended up having to hire an attorney for over $2,500.00, which I'm still paying off the loan for the attorney, and I ended up having to still pay the switch and bait price for the laminate floor even though the attorney charged Empire carpet with 21 counts of not being fair. The floor was supposed to cost me $1100.00. The final charge was $2600.00. I ended up paying $1300.00, plus the attorney fees.

They attorney didn't want to pursue the case and the case was dismissed. The attorney told me I had won my case, but I felt like I 'd gotten the bad end of the stick, because three different salesmen from Empire carpet came into my home and lied to me about the price of the job for the lainmate floor.

Because of Empire carpet, I'll Never trust salesmen in my home, ever AGAIN. Empire carpet has no RESPECT for the consumers or WOMEN that are head of their household. Thank you Empire carpet for teaching me never to trust home products salesmen in my home ever again.

Comments

Ka
  7th of May, 2008

I have to admit I was going to call both Empire Carpeting and National Floors Direct to replace the carpeting throughout my home, along with having laminate flooring installed by the front door and in the dining area...but after reading the complaints there is no way I will do business with either company.

I want to thank all the people who took the time out of their busy lives to write in about the truth of these two companies...I only hope the saying "wht goes around comes around" holds some truth to companies like Empire and National Floors Direct.

I'm taking my business to either Home Depot or Lowes.

Es
  20th of May, 2008

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I called Empire Today on 5/20/2008 and spoke to a representative named William. I gave them my information and scheduled my appt. I then proceeded to ask him where the company was located cause I'd never heard of them or seen stores anywhere and he became very sarcastic and said we are a national company. That means we don't have retail stores. I then asked him if the representative that would come out to the house would have samples and if I would get a final quote at the end of the visit and he said very rudely WELL YES! That is why you have an appt. I then asked him why he was annoyed by my questions. I am wanting to know about the company and how it works. Is there something wrong with that? He said I don't understand why you are asking these unecessary questions. I then told him to cancel my appointment! If they are this rude on the phone I would hate to see someone like that in my home. After hanging up I decided to look up this company and found lots of complaints from other people. I AM MOST FORTUNATE NOT HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!