Emirates NBD Bank / worst customer service ever

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Avoid at all costs.

Unfortunately I've been with them for the past 4 years as they were the same bank my previous employer was using and it made the logistics easier.

Now as long as you are not doing anything out of the ordinary, everything is fine, but heaven forbid you should fall into a problem.

I changed jobs and they immediately froze my account after the End Of Service was service was sent, DESPITE having the Mirdif City Center branch manager tell me that as long as you have enough balance in your account to cover your monthly loan and credit card payments then everything is fine. Of course that turned out to be a lot of BS.

Once they blocked my account, I had to go through 3 different customer service employees (plus the phone customer service) over 4 weeks and still have not unblocked my account.

They are untrained, ignorant of their own bank's procedures, impolite and quite frankly just don't care.

I have also been trying for the past 3 months to claim a cashback that was advertised, provided I use my credit card for paying school bills, but never received it.

I log in a complaint, then I get "Sorry Sir, we'll send the money to your account mid June"

Then it's "End of June", then "mid July"...etc

I still haven't received anything.

The really frustrating thing is that there's no one really to complain to. They just don't give a ****!

Mo