Emirates / large fine to change surname
Dear sir / madam,
My husband recently made a booking with emirates to fly to australia via dubai. He entered my married surname instead of my maiden surname on the booking. My passport is still under my maiden name.
Nevertheless, we have all the documents including the original australian marriage certificate, australian driving license which is under my married surname and other banking information to prove my identity.
Now, we needed to cancel/re-issue our booking and pay the fine of 200 pounds!!
It is absolutely ludicrous that you have to erase the whole booking in order to amend or perhaps add a small note to the booking.
What do you think?? Do you think it is unfair to charge such a large sum?
More Emirates Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- Emirates Airlines - missing stroller and swiss knife! 
- Emirates Airlines - non co-operation
- Emirates Airlines - extremely bad organisation of flights
- Emirates Airline - sale of ticket by misrepresentation
- Emirates Airline - aircraft defect