Emirates / food poisoning!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I got food poisoning on an Emirates flight on my way to my honeymoon destination of Mauritius in May 2007. It was the airline food, as we were flew from London to Dubai, then straight on to Mauritius. This was a long flight and we hadn't eaten anything apart from the airline food. The food in question was an omlette. The doctor in the resort was extremely concerned about my low blood pressure. I was on tablets for a week and didn't recover until about 10 days into my honeymoon, which was totally ruined. I complained to Emirates but they said it was nothing to do with them and said that they had no other reports of problems on my flight. Well, I couldn't get in touch with any other passengers to prove or dis-prove that. Thanks Emirates for turning what should have been the holiday of a lifetime into the worst holiday I've ever had.

Do airlines ever admit responsibility for food poisoning?

Di

Comments

Po
  29th of Jan, 2009

If it was the food why wasn't your partner affected ...it would be highly unlikely to just affect you.

To
  6th of Oct, 2011

I got food poisoning from Emirates on my return flight from Dubai 4 days ago - so did my partner. I'm researching to find out whether anyone ever got compensated. Sadly, it seems in very few cases.