Emirates / missing baggage and delivery

1 India

I thought emirates is an international airlines and so has the competitive policies keeping in view its status among other airlines. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be true with the experience i'm going through presently. My two check-in bags were tagged until dubai from san diego, california and they had to be transferred from american airlines in new york to emirates going to bangalore, india via dubai. At the new york airport I checked with the ground staff to make sure my baggage was re-tagged uptil bangalore since I was to board a different flight of the same airline (Emirates). I was told that my baggage has been re-tagged and they will be auto-checked in. I re-checked the same at the dubai airport and I was assured that they will be reaching the bangalore airport itself.
To my dismay, my baggage was missing at the bangalore airport and I got to know that one of my two checked-in bags was stuck at new york airport (Jfk) and the other in dubai!! Now, how the hell my bag was in jfk when it was tagged until dubai?? I was ok with this news because I understand the responsibility with hundreds of bags to be shipped in different countries. Both my bags reached bangalore yesterday afternoon and since then i'm trying to trace my bag to no avail. I call up the emirates staff and I get only one answer that they will call me back in 10 min. Do I need to mention that their 10 min never get over?
This is such an utter inconvenience. I have my room n cupboard keys in my check in bags and i'm living like a tourist in my own city!

Bh