Emirates Bank / being charged on a closed credit card

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

My credit card was closed by the bank. i had paid the crdit card in full and infact paid an additional aed 10 just to make sure i had no problems. i also called the bank to confirm the recipt of the payment and the closure of the card. this happend about 6 months ago. now i receive a sms stating that my card is overdue by AED 19.41 and to make a payment to avoid legal action. i was asked to call +[protected]. but the number is never reachable.

Please advise.

Ka

Comments

• Ke
      25th of Aug, 2009

My original credit card EIB VISA CLASSIC had expired last Feb. 2009

On Dec 29, 2008 I sent an e-mail asking that it be renewed and sent to my address,
    On Feb 03, 2009 I received a request to send an email agreeing to the courier fees, which I did on Feb 05, 2009
    On Feb 09, 2009 I was charged for courier charges ref 50.00 AED
    On Feb 23, 2009 I was again charged for courier charges ref 50.00 AED
    On March 17, 2009 I sent an email to EIB not to renew my credit card, and I called the hotline to cancel it
    On April 01, 2009 A transaction appreared showing credit card was renewed and activated with a new number without my concent
    On May 03, 2009 A transaction appeared again showing the new number with a charge of 110.37 and a negative charge -115.50
    On May 03, 2009 I sent email asking for explanation why I am being charged
    On May 03, 2009 I called EIB hotline asking the same question and the reply was it's against monthly credit card membership fees and I asked it be cancelled
    On May 04, 2009 I received a reply the charges are against my credit card dues without any further explanation or mention of my request to cancel it.
    On May 04, 2009, I sent an email asking why my request to cancel the card was not honoured
    On May 05, 2009, I received an email that I have to call another number to voice log my request 043160180
    On May 18, 2009, I called the number at 11:57 Pm the person asked that I have to settle the charges before my card be cancelled which Totals: -392.06

Since I didn't ask for my card be converted to the new EIB VISA GOLD and since I didn't receive my credit card by courier as promised and since I did not call EIB helpline to activate the new card and since I called at least twice asking for my credit card to be cancelled and never informed of the new charges or the procedure to cancel the card I asked EIB to kindly reverse the charges and cancel the credit card.

This request was never honoured and still I am being charged monthly membership fees and overdue charges