Emirates Airlines / change of schedule

1 Sri Lanka Review updated:

The person in charge of customer affairs

Sub & ndash; ticketing details

Passenger name. a. s. weliwitigoda
Ticket no: [protected]
Flight departure time 20.15 - ek 0654 / ek 0705
Date 9th feb
Origin: colombo & ndash; dubai / dubai & ndash; seychelles

Rescheduled
12th feb ek 349 colombo & ndash; dubai and onwards to seychelles

Dear sir / madam,
I, a. s. weliwitigoda did book my ticket two & ndash; three weeks in advance from mahe, seychelles through masons travels. I was a very frequent flyer of qatar airways but as their service and connecting times were with longer hours of transit I believe I wanted a change and decided to fly emirates in spite of the high priced ticket to make a quicker connection.
With all the disappointment that I had, being a member of the privilege club and not having most of its privileges, was further more disappointed with emirates to know that flight schedules had changed and no one had the courtesy to inform my employers back in the seychelles or me, within the period of almost a whole month of my holiday. well I did go to the airport on the 9th of feb, to see that the flight schedules were changed and finally met the station manager mr. ravi weliwita who apologised very humbly and made arrangements for me try another connecting flight by which time all scheduled flights had already left. he also wanted to assist me with transportation back home which was quite a useless offer to make, as I had come in my own transport and live 10 minutes away ftrom the airport.
Well as I was delayed for two days and over, I had really a tough time securing my job and had to pump in an extra expense to call my employers, email, fax, reschedule all my domestic flights and go through all this hassle just because the airline could not keep up to its standards.
In spite of all that I did call him once again and humbly requested if he could give me an upgrading to first or business class as I believe I did see enough empty seats and the flight wasn’t that full as per the manifest. he very obligingly said he would see what he could do and asked me to speak to a person by the name of mr. bernard who would be on duty at night.
So once again I made my journey to the airport on the 12th of feb, with the belief that I could regain my job and went to mr. bernard who was so unwelcomingly rude and says the only upgrading could be to offer me the lounge in sri lanka which was utterly useless as I did come from home which is just 10 minutes away after having a thorough meal with my family.
I believe by what you read in this mail how much disappointed I am and believe it is up to you & ndash; the emirates airlines to compensate for all the mental and physical stress and frustration I had gone through after deciding to enjoy a long journey with a fantastic airline. your disturbing services could result in the loss of another valuable customer because I am yet to use my return on the 10th of july 2010 back to colombo which if you have the interest could make up to me when you check with the reservations and change the mode of thinking
Thanks to the emirates and its entire unruly staff who could be jeopardising the services of a first class airline.

A. s. weliwitigoda

Comments

17th of Aug, 2010

Totally Agree,

Emirates Staff from everywhere I have went I noticed that they are very rude. I feel that the management is not bothered as they feel that they come from a rich oil country. But with the Dubai crisis the most they can do is keep a good service and gain good customers. The staff of Emirates are extremely rude, this is a fact.
    Like in Seychelles, Air Seychelles you will get very good service with smiles on the staff face, but with Emirates Seychelles is entirely different, so I feel it's the way they are being managed. Customer last, their own selves first. Avoid Emirates, this is my advise.

29th of Jul, 2014

Yes it is true,

I'm working for a major airline in the world for more than 5 years, I’m also a frequent flyer and was Once flying from Dubai to Colombo on Emirates airline, the flight seemed to be full, and prior to boarding a female ground service agent whose working for the airline made an announcement saying '' passengers with zone ''E'' boarding passes please proceed to the gate'' .
    Since my seat is in zone E I joined the long queue and waited, the same person who made the announcement was checking boarding passes and when it was my turn, she took it, spent few seconds looking at it, took a heavy breath and started staring at me in an unpleasant way as i have done something awkward and in a heavy tone she shout ''C''C''C''C this is ''E''E''E'' in front of hundred of passengers, I was so embarrassed. The fault was her pronunciation, she should have pronounced it clearly, or use phonetic alphabet (charley / echo) although there was no such reason to be so rude with passengers.