Complaints & Reviews

lost laptop from carry-on

I was travelling from new york-jfk to chennai via dubai, with 2 checked-in's and one carry-on on dec 27, 2008. at dubai (there the date was dec 29, 2008), the crew asked me to hand over the carry-on and collect it when I board off at chennai. the crew said there was no space, but they did not even try to see whether the carry-on could be put into over cabin. moreover, it was a regular sized pullman with allowed dimensions for carry-on.in there, I had a laptop and some clothes. the crew tied a tag to it and handed the half of the tag for identification. I was under impression that the the pullman would be kept in some closet within the cabin, and would be kept at the exit when I borad off. for a disappointment, I did not see any of the baggages outside nor my pullman when I exited. I asked about my pullman, and I was told that it was checked-in and I would collect at baggage claim. I collected my pullman along with my other check-in luggages and went home. when I opened my pullman, I did not see my laptop. but, the power cord for the laptop was still there. I rushed back to the airport. I was back at the emirates airport office within 2 hours. I told them that the laptop was missing, showed them the power cord too, and explained them it was a carry-on, and I was asked to handover to the crew before boarding at dubai. I was asked to write a complaint, which I did. I was told that I would be contacted in 2 weeks. but no, they did not contact me. I had called them after 2 weeks to see the status of the claim. they did not have an answer, but said, a letter will be sent in next 5 days, they seemed polite, and it seemed like someone else, not these folks who talked over the phone, was looking into the claim. the days passed, no letters, no call. I called them up again, they again said they were sorry for the delay, the claim was still being looked at, and I would be notified in 5 days. I told them that it was my laptop and I need some action, some responsibility shown. they said, this time surely I would get the letter in next 5 days. but nothing again. I called them today (jan 29, 2009), they said, it was my mistake to bring valuables in checked-in luggage. come on, I did not check-in the pullman that had laptop in it, but you, emirates, did. how could I be responsible for that action? what you, emirates, did, resulted loss of my laptop which is worth usd 900. but they kept denying they could not do anything about it. it was a very bad experience, and it was the first time I flew emirates. the days to come are going to be very tough for me to digest this.

poor customer service

I had sent a letter to emirates on 15th dec but didnt hear from them, what can I say further,... Very poor service by emirates staff and their customer service department.

To

Ref - e ticket number : [protected] & ndash; 54
Skywards number : ek [protected]

Dear sir,

Season’s greetings!

It was pleasure flying with emirates between glagow and bangalore via dubai on 6th nov 2008. Unfortunately we did not experience the same while returning from kolkata to glasgow via dubai on 6th dec 2008.

The details of all our experiences with emirates are mentioned below for your kind attention and necessary action.

1. On 5th of nov 2008, we had been informed from emirates glasgow office stating that we will be getting hotel accommodation at dubai on retun as we were to wait for 8hours at dubai. It was also mentioned that we could ask the voucher at kolkata airport with emirates staff on the date of travel.

When we enquired at kolkata airport with emirates staff for hotel stay voucher we were told that the same had to be asked at dubai and we will get necessary assistance by emirates staff at dubai airport.

While waiting for the flight at kolkata airport, we were informed that the flight to dubai ek573 was delayed by 50mins and will depart from kolkata at 9.30pm (Ist) but the flight took off by 10pm (Ist) , it means that the flight was delayed by 1 hour and 20 mins. We reached dubai at 1.40am (Dubai time) and by the time we reached the transit counter after security check, it was 2am (Dubai time)

2. On enquiry about the hotel stay voucher at the transit counter of emirates we were denied the same stating the reason that the waiting time was less than 8 hours. There was no apology given for the flight delay and we were not directed properly and not even informed about any snacks voucher.

3. We were running from pillar to post with our 10 year old child and no emirates staff were in a mood to help us out and assisted us properly. My son had to experience physical & mental agony as it was an odd time of the day when he should have been relaxing. At around 4am luckily we asked one of the duty free shop customer assistant and he informed us about snacks voucher.

4. When we reached the restaurant, the waiter was not very friendly and did not guide us to the table. He did not even bother to ask for our choice of juice and braught apple juice. When we insisted he braught us orange juice. A shabby plate of snacks, much below the standard of emirates, was served with oily and cold samosa and spring rolls with four small pieces of sandwiches. Ketchup was served only after we asked. We were denied tea or coffee and were told that it is not included in emirates pacakge.

The above experiences raised many questions in my mind about the emirates. However for few of the questions I would like to get an answer as this was my first experience with emirates (I hope it should not be the last one)

Question 1 why were we denied the hotel stay voucher at dubai airport by emirates transit counter staff for no faults of ours as in any case we waited for more than 8 hours because the flight ek573 was delayed by 1hour 20mins.

Question 2 why were we not guided / assisted by emirates staff at dubai airport as we were travelling with child.

Question 3 why were we not informed or guided for snacks voucher by emirates staff at dubai airport

Question 4 why were we treated in a disrespectful manner at the restaurant for snacks offered by the emirates at restaurant. One would expect to have hot cup of tea or coffee at such an early time of the the day (4am) rather being given cold juice, not of our choice.

Question 5 how would you account for the physical and mental stress that my child had to experience because of your poor service

I do not know how you would convince me to fly with emirates in future as we are frequent flyer from uk to india atleast twice a year and this was one of the reason that we enrolled with your skywards programme (Ek [protected])

But having such an experience, it really creates a shabby picture of emirates

Hoping an early and convincing reply.

Sanjeev kumar

• Po
    positivepeople Jan 29, 2009

Im sorry that your experience was a bad one with emirates. I must say that i think the reason why you were denied the airport stay was because of the delayed flight into dubai. Considering that check in for the Glasgow flight, which departs at 0750 would have been opened at 0440 it would not have been classed as a long enough stopover for your checkin.

As for the restaurant i cant condone the behaviour of the staff but this isnt a Emirates Airline problem, and unfortunately you would need to complain directly to the airport authority or the restaurant directly.

I hope this helps clarify a little and hope your future flights with Emirates are more positive

• Pr
    ProsnCons Mar 01, 2011

Emirates is a wonderful airlines but that doesn't mean it is 100% perfect worldwide. I strongly recommend someone in the management in Dubai or UAE Head Office to curb into Blue Area, Islamabad, Pakistan office. I tried to reach their (Islamabad, Pakistan) provided phone number (Only numbers 578 1114 / 1115) on different days and different working hour times (Mon to Sat, 09:00 to 17:30
    Sun, Closed) but unfortunately couldn't able to get anyone to assist me. I already had my Emirates return ticket bought from the States but it seems to me in Pakistan every thing changes what is widely considered basics of any Business, timely customer service.

Johnson Varghese Jun 09, 2011

Dt : 08.06.2011
    Thiruvalla

To

The Customer affairs emirates
    Emirates Airline
    Dubai (D x B)

Sub : Misbehaviour of flight Crew Mr. Tiho (ID No 398866) reluctance to serve food on flight to passenger

Respected Sir,

I request you most earnestly and honorably to take note about the unwanted behavior of your Cabin Crew on Flight No. EK 532 dated 06.06.2011 from Dubai (DXB – CHN) to Cochin International Airport.

I was travelling on the flight to Cochin which look off from Dubai Airport behind scheduled time at around 9.35 pm. My Seat No. 14B. Mr. Tiho ID No. 398866 serving on the flight was refused to serve food to me even after requesting him to do so. He serves other passengers but did not take heed to my request. After 20 minute he serve me a plate of Biriyani. But on requesting him to give me a second serve of Biriyani Mr.Tiho (No. 398866) started asking me and rude questions such as :- I had a big stomach etc. and he refused to serve any second helping of Biriyani.

Instead of serving me a passenger on your flight or trying to convince me politely, he was making rude remarks and trying to outsmart and be little me infront of all the other passenger’s such rude ‘Behaviour’ is not expected from the Cabin Crew of an Airline with a good reputation such that of Emirates Airlines.

Please kindly restrain such rude Cabin Crew like Mr. TIHO No. 398866 from misbehaving with passenger’s like me and do kindly train them to be polite and well behaved and service minded.

Hope you will restrain such Cabin Crew from such rude behavior and oblige by taking action.
    I remain

Copy To :- Managing Director
    Emirates Airline
    Dubai

travel times and dates

Not so much a complaint but I have been trying to find out detials of my flight home from thailand to england as i'm not to sure and do noe want to miss my flight.
It's with emirates I think it's on the 25 feb this year but not too sure if its the right daye and not too sure of the time of my flight.
Could you please forward the details to my e-mail address.
[protected]@hotmail.Co. Uk

careless, unprofessional and cold behavior of junior and senior staff

I travel emirates twice every month between new delhi and dubai, for business. This time I got my return journey pre poned for dubai - delhi flight, and was told by the call centre staff the seat is confirmed and I had to pay 70 aed for date change. When I reached the airport that evening for 2210 flight, I was surprised to know that there was no night flight that evening !!! And the night flight is only 3 times a week, and the only next flight is ar 4 in the morning. I had no choice, but requested the manager to allow me to use any of the lounges there, to which he coldly replied in negative... I was surprised that I was at the airport due to their staff's carelessness, and considering the frequency I travel on emirates, I should have been allowed to use the lounge.

Mr manager, I was not "dying to use the lounge", it was just that I should have been made comfortable by you as it was not my fault. Fine, a carelessness was done by the call centre staff, but the manager should have tried further discomfort to its client and should have allowed use of the lounge... The story doesnt end here, the morning 4 o clock flight was also delayed for 5 hours, and left at 8: 40 am...

If any responsible airline staff reads this, contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com

reimbursement

I had my Emirates flight( (EK513) on 5th of Jan 2009 from New delhi to Dubai and finally to London Heathrow. Instead of leaving at 4:15 AM in morning it was rescheduled at 12:05 PM in afternoon without any prior notice hence there was delay of 8 hours. When asked emirates staff about my time of arrival at London they had no idea about it. I reached Dubai airport at 3:00 PM dubai local time. I asked emirate check-in desk to make my transport arrangement from London to Bristol as I’m going to reach late at night at London, but they informed that they can't do anything from Dubai but emirates people at London can help in this regard.
Dubai flight (Flight # EK 005) was supposed to depart at 4:30 PM; again there was one hour delay and flight departed at 5:30 PM. I reached London airport at 8:45 PM. From London I had to go to Bristol which is 2 hours distance by bus. By the time I finished my immigration and collected my baggage it was 9:30 PM. I asked emirates desk at London about the transportation arrangement they informed me that they will not be able to help me, but I can take taxi from London to Bristol and emirate’s will refund my money. By the time I reached home it was half past midnight. I was scared as I was traveling late at night all by myself with lot of luggage. I need my refund of the taxi bill of 150 GBP ASAP. Emirate’s should atleast inform the travelers on time that the flight will be delayed so that they can make their backup plans. I knew nobody in London to stay overnight there; emirates should have atleast taken a responsibility of dropping me to my destination. I would never taken emirate tickets had I known that I will be reaching home so late in night. Emirates should refund my money back.
My E Ticket # is: - [protected], Emirates can verify the flight details and also can verify about the request for transport arrangement in their system against my ticket details.

• Mo
    Mohan Das Gurnani Aug 11, 2008

I started my travel from Dubai to Ahmedabad, flight date : 25 Feb 2008 but when I was arrived on 26 Feb 2008 & waited 3 hrs for my bags but did not received my Baggage then the staff on duty ask me to fill one form called (PIR) Property Irregularity Report (PIR) for checked baggage. After that they ask me to stay for a day in a Hotel & buy whatever I need as I was not having my baggage also they promised me to Reimbursement whole amount which i spent. I missed my next day flight from Ahmedabad to Jaipur because of Baggage on top when I received my baggage & I have given all the bill in order to reimburse, they refused.

I would also like to mention I am a frequent flyer in First class & business class flights of emirates, my skyward no. is EK129819550

My Ticket no. 1764654356914 (Class of travel J)
    No. Of baggage : 2
    Bag Tag No EK063855 / 54

They also gave me one telephone number to contact for Reimbursement i.e 0091 79 22858021 between 10 to 5pm, I did but they refused.

I need my amount should be reimburse to me as this was promise made to me at airport.

Please do the needful.

Mohan Gurnani

Hader Khan May 15, 2009

Gentleman,

My wife who had flown from BWI to Karachi Pakistan last week ( April 30 – May 2, 2009) had lost her luggage and did not receive until two days later, and had only Jewelry missing from her bag. We had filed a report at the Karachi airport. Attached are the documents, please review and let us know what else is required to receive the amount claimed. Your earliest respond will be appreciated. Please send me the E mail
    so that I can send the lost [email protected] [email protected] Thanks

Hader Khan May 15, 2009

Neutral til issue is resolved.

• Da
    Danuta Jul 07, 2009

I had a very positive experience with The Emirates. Flights were on time, flying Melbourne to Dubai; Dubai - Milan. Excellent service, good food. Luggage clearly marked. Will defitely be using this airline again. No complaints whatsoever. The service and food was a lot better then Quantas or British Airways. I avoid flying the latter whenever possible.

Danuta

• Dy
    dys Feb 01, 2010

Emirates does not really care about customer issues, they only care about generating sales. Let 's warn other people to stay away from Emirates.
    join us at facebook group "Emirates Airline-poor customer service"

passport swapped

I would ike to draw to your attention our experience availing the service of emirates during the time that my 7 year old daugther flew back in Manila from Dubai last 3 January 2009.

When we called our daugther during the night time that she was at home in Manila, we just found out that the passport that was handed over to them by the assigned flight or ground steward was not belong to my daughter. Since it was the first time that we avail the service of Emirates in travelling unaccompanied minor, we believe that the airline personnel will take good care of all the things that require from them.

We are so disappointed on the kind of service that the Emirates had.

Yours,

omegasilverblue

my 2 yr old baby not given a seat despite having the full ticket

Hi,

I had to travel with my wife and 2yr old daughter on 29dec08 0415am by ek513 flight from delhi to dubai. our booking
Reference nos. are as follows:-
1> ravjot singh -ezufgj freqent flyer no. is ek247289862
2> rajinder banvet-ezufgj
3> zaina kaur - curzjb /ek - age 26 months.

I had booked seats 10 a, b, c thru internet.

Attached is the scanned copy of miss zaina kaur's emirates ticket for which i have paid aed980 and 20kgs baggage
Was allowed as per the ticket.

But when i reached delhi airport on the night of 28-29dec08 at 0130hrs the emirates ground check in staff did not
Allocate a seat to my daughter and said that she is an infant . and also they did not allow me 20kgs of baggage for
Her . i showed them the attached ticket for miss zaina kaur but they did not agree to it .

The emirates check in staff at at delhi airport terminal 2 on 28-29dec08 night, checkin counter no. b2 was arrogant
And useless. they gave unresonable and irratinal reasons for not allocating the seat to my 2yr old baby despite me
Having the ticket.

I want stict action to be taken againt the following personnel who were there at checkin conuter no. b2 at delhi
International airport. strict action should be taken against jasvir singh( jasveer singh) who was trying act over
smart.other personnel who were involved were surjit and ibad.

Afer much waste of time and deliberations and panic we were given the seats which i had already booked but the above mentioned
Emirates check in staff showed as if they have done some extra service to me. it has caused much distress to me, my wife and my
Baby.

Please trace jasvir singh ( jasveer singh)and take action against him and please do acknowledge me with
What action u have taken.

( if you see from dubai, it looks emirates is a wonderful airlines, but please visit delhi and see what is the state
Of affairs there. me and my family wont fly by emirates again from delhi after having such a experince with emirates
Staff at delhi airport. people like jasveer singh should not be allowed to attend to emirates flight. jasveer might be
A emirates staff or an external staff at delhi airport attending to emirates flight ek513 at delhi airport on 29dec08

Ravjot singh
+[protected]

• Ni
    Nikeel Apr 29, 2011

In July 2010, my then 1 year old daughter, wife & I were booked to fly Dubai-NYC. We had made atleast 2 phone calls to Emirates in the span of 1 month prior to departure, requesting for a basinet seat for our daughter. On both occasions, we were assured that the check-in staff at Dubai T-3 would take care of our request, provided we arrived well before the ETD.

On our departure date, we arrived 3 hours prior to the ETD at the check-in counter in T-3. We were informed that all seats were full & they would be unable to provide us the basinet seat. It was only at the insistence & begging of my wife did the check-in staff agree to make amendments in the seating arrangements & eventually granted us the basinet seat.

Common sense would demand that on a 14 hour journey, with a baby in hand, there should be no need to justify our request for a basinet seat. Also, this was clarified on the phone, well before the journey that our request would be accepted by the check-in staff, which as I explained, didnt happen.

In light of the above, are we expected to believe & trust Emirates in future?

I want to know whether the company is real or fake

Respected sir/madam
I want to bring to your notice that I have received a mail from [protected]@yahoo.com regarding recruitment. So I want to know whether the firm really exists or it's fake. Right now I am very much confused, so it would be better if you can give some light into the matter.
Abhik kumar chatterjee

Note:i am enclosing the mail

Dear candidate, hope this mail reaches you in high spirits and good health. After seeing your profile on timesjobs.com we would like to discuss a job opportunity for you in our company. If interested, you may call on +[protected] or email us at [protected]@yahoo.com for further discussions. Looking forward to your early response. Best wishes, john brown emirate airline group uk

• Ra
    Ranjan Feb 09, 2009

This is a fake company ...

• Cl
    cliff hornsby Jun 07, 2009

these scammers are at it again, they have sent me a job offer as head of operations in manchester with emirates airline, everything is false including the website, i actually applied for a job as pipefitter supervisor in the middle east so how can they offer me a post as head of operations for emirates airlines, the next step will be to ask for money for my visa, this is a mistake by them because i´m english and dont need any visa, they are actually targeting people who need visas to work like someone from india or pakistan for example promising the earth and then asking for the money in advance for the visa and i dont need to tell you once you hand the money over its gone and so have they. So all you job seekers out there the moral of the story is never hand over a cent of your hard earned money to these ###. All decent agencies will NEVER ask for money up front, you´ve been warned cheers cliff hornsby

• Ba
    babadu74 Jun 26, 2009

Absolutely right even i received an offer letter from emirates airline group for the post of manager operations in UK. which i never applied for...also all the nos are diverted to the other nos in nigeria, u can hear the voice tags by mobile services, hear it till end on 00447024030590. I would request u all not to respond to these types of email. Also we need to alert the vigilance department in emirates group. These guys are spoiling name and dont know how many students or workers have come in there trap. Need to track these guys immd.
    anyone need to say something on this issue pls email on [email protected]
    Thanks and Be Alert.

• Mo
    Mohammed1981 Sep 22, 2009

The only good in this thing that I got high fantacies and started sittling myself in UK before I get there :)

When I googled about the subject, Thanks to God I found that many people are warning each of these ### ###. How could anyone manuplate people and con them of fake jobs around. In my opinion, these people should be presented to justice for their miss use of internet technology. The most I was asking to free internet, the most now I insist in restricting it and coming after such corrupt people who tries and searches anywhere for theift and deception.

Everybody be warrant.

missing flight reservation

I am a Skywards frequent flyer member residing in Bahrain. A week ago I decided to take a short vacation in Muscat, with my wife & 3 year old son.

We booked our return tickets via Skywards online booking, redeeming my reward points.

Our outbound flight from Bahrain to Muscat was uneventful.

However, when we tried to check-in for our return journey we were informed that no reservation existed in our names in the system. We tried to show them the print-out of the booking confirmation that we had received by e-mail, but all to no avail.

Finally we were forced to purchase fresh tickets at cut-throat last minute rates, and wait endlessly in the airport till our next flight which was 8 hours away. All this drama happenned in the wee hours of the morning, from 2.00am - 10.00am. We were two sleep deprived, exhausted adults, accompanied by an exhausted 3 year old toddler.

We are currently trying to get an explanation for this weird incident and get a refund for the money we spent buying extra tickets.

Could someone please tell me who exactly I could address my complaint to, to get fast and responsible action.

Thank You.

Dipu Thomas

• Dr
    Dr. Fakhry El-Huseini Jun 09, 2009

I am using Emirates airlines frequently, but last night I came from Dubai 9/6/09 EK 037 to Birmingham (BHX).
    When I arrived to the Emirates counter in Dubai to check in to Birmingham, I told the Staff that I have medical problem that needs stretching the limbs which means a big space for that, I repeated this twice to her, My nephew also told her, she confirmed that the Seat will be provided as requested, when I was in the plane I was offered a seat not as requested which was number 29. And after 2 hours waiting in the plane the test failed and we were asked to leave to the waiting area without any courtesy or professional in dealing with us they were irresponsible, being moved from one area to another, the waiting area was not prepared to look after us, then after 2 hours they had lunch in BURGER KING which was over crowed with a long queue at the same time while another plane was waiting for us! I told the supervisor about the situation who said to us that he had no solution except waiting. We were helpless. At 17:10 I told him that because of my (CVA=cerebro-vasualer accident) I face difficulty in walking and need a Mobile car to get me to the gate, he told me he will bring the car within 30 minutes in the BURGER KING. After that he vanished, he made me waiting for nothing he was unprofessional and has no sense of humanity, he deceived me, the Passsengers were upset from this action.
    I was feeling HELPLESS While Emirates staff were watching us when the final call was announced I felt that I will lose the flight and had to walk with the difficulty I face. Luckily, at the last minute I saw a car passing me to the gate number 225 and had to jump to get on with them..!
    I had to go to fisrt class Land Hostess to explain the situation despite of my (CVA), Who managed to put me in (22H) which was the exit seat.
    When the plane arrived to Brinmigahm it was too late to take the train to Rugby that was prepaid ticket, I had to take train from Bringham Airport to Coventry, then took a taxi to Rugby again to drive back home. That was the worst nightmare I have ever seen.
    I was expected that Emirate airline is liable for this inconvenient ;cost, agony, inhumanity and waste of time.
    I do request Emirates airline company to compensate me for a New Ticket that will the least that I can expect.
    Waiting your reply.
    Dr, FakhryEl-Huseini
    booking reference DWZZX16, E.Ticket 1762126683340
    01455-553036.

refund

I cancelled a flight with emirates on the 16 may 08 with a medical certificate. Even though their terms and conditions state that you will be refunded within 15 working days, I waited 3 months for the ticket refund. This refund was then received without the necessary medical waiver. This waiver I am currently - 7 months later - still waiting for.

Emirates position on this is simply that this sort of thing happens. I was not even offered any type of compensation.

I don't see why I should be held up to the terms and conditions, set out in the contrace by emirates, but they do not have to

• Bo
    Bosa yerrayya Jul 23, 2009

Hi
    Good afternoon How are you
    I was traveled South Africa(Johenessburg) to India (Hyderabad) in emirates on 19 April2009. I reached India at 20April 2009 but my baggage not reached that day staff told me they will inform later. 24April09 they informed 28April09 I collect the my baggage but in the baggage some good are missed. I given the complaint same time but there is no response till to date what can do in don't know please suggest me, how can i claim
    my goods.

Laudium-0037,
    Pretoria, South Africa.
    Cell No.27 793945221
    E-mail: [email protected]gmail.com

rude, unprofessional and arrogant flight supervisor (mr. ali)

Its with deep sense of hurt and outright shock that I make this complaint.I have searched on the website of Emirate for a designated page for Passengers to lodge complaints to the Airline, but didn't see any.I won't like to conclude that the Airline has no regards for Passenger's interest.
I have no option but to use this site.

I decided for the first time in my life to use Emirates Airline to travel to the Philippines with my 4 Kids for the Christmas and New year Holidays. It was expectedly a trip with great expectations, since I intend to explore investing in properties in Dubai and also join my Wife for the holidays.

All our tickets were paid and confirmed, except that of my son Anthony Akah, even up to the time of boarding-his Dubai to Manila remained on waiting list. Upon advice by my travel Agent, I paid extra amount to upgrade my economu ticket to Business class at the prevailing high rate, so that Son can avail of my earlier booked and confirmed seat.

We therefore requested the Emirate office at the Airport to upgrade my ticket and confirm my son's iternary.This they did and I was given a Business class ticket on my name Anthony Akah on flight No.EK 334 December 6, 2008 to Manila.Please note, my Son and I share same name.

It was a sad experience travelling with 4 minors (Less than 12 years old), with them seating far away in the Economy, while I seat at the Business class, with no One to attend to them, especially in emergency situations.

I received the worst experience in my life, when I was approached by the Supervisor of the Business class, one Mr.Ali that I am seating at the seat paid for my son Anthony Akah. All attempts by me to explain that my name is Dr.Anthony Akah and I paid extra to be upgraded to a Business class, so that my son, also Anthony Akah could have confirmed seats, failed on deaf ears. He rudely did not allow me to offer any explaination, but rather rudely shouted and odered me out of the seat. He branded me a cheat and made disparaging remarks that clearly connotes racial prejudice.

The siad Mr.Ali (Flight Attendant/Supervisor) distanced the Airline from any mistake that the Emirate Office at Lagos International Airport may have made in upgrading my son's ticket, instead of mine, as per my request, telling me'its your business with them in Lagos, you must get out of the Business class area to Economy, before I can listern to you or I will make formal complaints upon arrival!!!'.

My son was traumatized with the assault and in tears had to leave the warm company of his other sibblings, whom he was playing games with, to relocate to the said Business class seat-all alone.The said Ali was non-challant of his being un attended and agony.

I am a very top Federal Government Official that travels alot internationally on other Airlines on Business class. I am well read and placed, not to get involved in such very petty dirty practice of paying for my Child's ticket upgrade, with expectation of using his seat. The ticket stub issued to me and print out for that Business class seat did not indicate anywhere that it is for a minor.It just indicated 'Anthony Akah'.

I hope that the Emirate Airline would investigat and discipline that rude staff of theirs and send me a formal apology for the public embarrassment and trauma caused to my children, who witness such unwarranted assault on their Father.

Dr.Anthony Akah
[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ih
    ihateemirates May 24, 2009

Said person is Mr. Ali Almulla, Emirates Purser, Staff Number 138165.
    Good luck with your complaint.

happy girl Jun 26, 2009

you can send your comment to [email protected]

Samiiii Mar 21, 2010

I always flyed with emirates and had no problem but this time when coming back to the U K i didn't like the standerd of emirates and the cabin crew and the way i was respected. I fristltly asked for a extra pillow for my back as i was travelling a long distance and was a bit difficult for me to travel a long distance while i was 5 monthes pregnate. The answer that i got was "NO" we dont have extra on board we are short.
    Next when they were serving dinner i told them that i want somthing vegterain to eat, theh cabin crew told me that is vegetarin what they served me which i knew it wasn't because when other asked for vegterain food they got a baugett and i got the same food as the non vegterains and told that the following was vegterain, so the following flight i had nothing to eat, which was difficult to travel 6 hours nothing to eat while you are pregnate.
    They have just a costumer and i dont think i will ever fly with emirates again because the way i was treated.

• Di
    Disgusted_Malaysian Aug 19, 2010

Dr Akah: You should sue Emirates for discrimation or whatever clauses available. It's a shame such a reputable airline should employ a disgraceful cabin crew. I've always admire Emirates' crew so polite and professional so if you were upset I am sure you deserve an apology.

antonio g Mar 15, 2011

I will never fly emirates again they toke my skywards miles away 9500 with out any escuse and dont reply to my complin actually i cant comunicate as i get error send report every time i send a email to them via skywards.com my lawer is doin something about for the sake of principal

poor check in service

Dear Sir,

We had a terrible experience with emirates airlines on 6th od Dec 2008, our flight from dubai was due to depart at 1400hrs to Damascus and we reported at the airport (terminal 3) at 12:40 in the afternoon. inspite of so many check in counters at the new terminal there was lack of staff and thus we were not able to check in. i was travelling with my 6month old child and old parents, at the last moment one of your staff comes and says that "anyone flying to damascus" it was so ridiculous because once we reached the counter after waiting for about 40 mintues we were told that the flight has been closed and cannot reopen.

Then after we spoke to the supervisor and she gave us a very disgusting and dissatisfying answer, there was a flight next day in the morning but she could not give us confirmed seats on the flight and said u can always 'try'. on top of that she said we announced a lot of times but thats not true because we didnt hear anything and we were not the only one there were other passengers with us, so how is it possible that none of us heard?????. now we have no chance but to travel with Ek on 11th of Dec 2008, in this case you should atleast compensate us by atleast upgrading our tickets or provide some speacial services. and to let you know that we are the skywards members as well.

anyhow i feel i was wrong at trusting emirates airlines and will make sure that i or any of my family member have to never travel with emirates again, i m sure that does make a difference to you, coz you have thousands of passengers waiting to travel. but remember one thing today you have dissatisfied one customer tomorrow may be other and may be you will at the end lose trust of all your customers.

hope that you will take strict action and help your clients.

Regards,
Saba Hasnain Raza

whether genuine or fake

Sir,

Please let me know whether the offer received from the company is genuine or fake.

Shekar
Note : pl find copy of mail for your reference and needful.

Daco recruitment agency
London, united kingdom
Tel/fax: +[protected]

Attn: s b shekar,

It is of utmost importance to inform you that after the screening and
Scrutiny of your curriculum vitae with other verification procedures
Carried out, emirate airline group company (e. a. g) were able to resolve the status of your application.

On this note, we hereby congratulate you on the success of your
Application and as such we have attached to you the offer letter/terms
Of agreement that transcends any written document. you are therefore
Required to follow these procedures immediately so as to complete your
Employment formalities:

(1) you are to contact the traveling agent for a valid work-permit/employment authorization document immediately so as to enable your work in london legally.
Note that the procurement of your work-permit must not exceed the deadline as stipulated in the offer letter as it would take four (3) working days for the traveling agent to procure your work-permit before the united kingdom high commission.
Below are the contact details of the uk traveling agent:
Uk traveling agent (uta)
Box 1188, station b london, on n6a 5k2.
Street address:, 56 yorkshire avenue - lancashire
Gb0098 manchester - london
E-mail ;[protected]@yahoo.co. uk
Tel/: +[protected]

Contact person:controller (tony smith)
Assistant (mr martin parks)
Designation: visa, work/resident department
(2) do get back to us with developments and updates regarding the procurement of your valid work-permit. you are required to contact the
Human resourses manger incase of any clarifications. below with his
Contact information.

Emirate airline group company (e. a. g)
Human resources department
Contact person: mr. mark wilson
Contact email: [protected]@live.com
Contact phone: +[protected]
(3) once we confirm your works and residence permit from the uk
Traveling agent, which stipulates that you are ready to join the team,
We will take care of your traveling documents together with your
Flight ticket and any money which you spend in the procurement of your
Uk valid papers will be reimbursed to you during your first month
Upfront salary.

We hereby once more congratulate you on the success of you application
Amongst many that have applied and thereby instruct you to expedite
All requirements as aforementioned so as to be able to meet the team
Before the deadline.

Congratulations!!!
Mr. john brown
Recruitment co-coordinator
Daco. recruitment inc
Tel: +[protected]

• Rj
    RJKJ May 17, 2009

look at the email ID of the HR person at EAG. Will such a company hold an hotmail a/c?

johnson nana May 27, 2009

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
    pls i want you notice about three travelers from Accra to dubai to sao puolo they are moving tommorrow 28/05/2009 they used fake credit card to purchase the ticket for them the are name is 1, Susan enyo okyere 2, NAA lamiorkor Boye 3, John Anthony adeno mensch, pls try investigates there ticket is very important check how they bought the ticket they another person credit card thanks. Nana

• Ab
    Abdulla kutty Oct 05, 2009

I have received an appointment letter tody which is shown belo. ANy body may indicate the genuineness,

Abdulla kutty

E mail. [email protected]

EMIRATES AIRLINE GROUP GENTY RECRUITMENT INC.
    Terminal 8 Departures Hall Hilton close, Off Allen Avenue

Job Ref: E.A.G/GAP/UK225-09
    DATE: 5/10/09
    ATTENTION: Abdulla Kutty . K,

1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:

Emirates Airline seeks to employ your service as GENERAL MANAGER - ADMINISTRATION for this document embodies the approved Terms for the purpose of this contract.

2.0 POSITION:
    YOU WILL SERVE AS GENERAL MANAGER - ADMINISTRATION FOR THE REQUIREMENTS OF EMIRATES AIRLINE IN UNITED KINGDOM.

RESUMPTION DATE
    You would be expected to resume on site on the 31st of OCTOBER 2009.
    Prior to resumption as inscribed above, you shall be expected to start your job processes by acquiring and procuring your necessary Residence/Work permits papers (With the Emirate Travel Agent United Kingdom) on it’s earliest acquisition, you will receive all your due entitlements/ emoluments prior to resumption of duty to enable you settle all domestic necessities before embarking on project trip and avoidance of excuses leading to delays on your side.
    3.0 CONSULTING PERSONNEL:
    You shall be expected to work lead a team of prime experienced individuals with the mandate to provide excellent services.
    4.0 ENTITLEMENTS:
    All salary and expense figures shall be in Pounds (GBP), Sterling or Euros equivalent depending on employee home country and salary preference, (except where employee prefers currency on his/her local/home currency).
    4.1 SALARY:
    Salary shall be paid on monthly bases. Work time shall be 40 hours work week for the Twenty Four (24) month contract term as such employee shall also be entitled to over-time allowance if employee work time exceeds the official stipulated hours. Salary shall also be liable to increments with time and employees' official promotions and position in service. Monthly salary is £18, 500 GBP (Eighteen Thousand Five hundred Pounds).
    5.0 EXPENSES:
    Expenses incurred by the employee related to job before commencement of duties will be substantiated with receipts and the employer will reimburse the employee not later than Five (5) working days after
    submission of employee’s expense report and receipts.

5.1 ACCOMODATION:
    First class accommodations will be provided for employee. Accommodation shall be of first class international standard same as accommodates Emirates Airline expatriate senior and management staff. Employer shall also pay for and provide complete meals for employee / (Family) as deem appropriate for period of contract.
    5.2 TRAVEL:
    £3, 600.00 flat rate travel/entertainment allowance shall be paid to employee by employer for each intercontinental trip. Travel shall be by business class/first class.
    However for the purpose of commencement, the cost of travel ticket shall be paid in addition to travel/entertainment allowance. Cost shall be substantiated and shall be the rate charged at the Period/time of purchase. Employer shall also take care of employees' travel ticket including that of employees' family only on employees' early notification to employer and as shall be requested by employee.

5.3 MEALS:
    This will be taken care of by us (employer) Emirates Airline Group.

5.4 MOVING EXPENSES:
    You shall be required to furnish us with your valid residence, work permits and visa on or before the 15TH of OCTOBER 2009 as a proof of readiness to join the EMIRATE AIRLINE COMPANY project team in the due time as stipulated above for your job resumption with the EMIRATE AIRLINE COMPANY in London and also to enable you receive your first monthly salary including your due entitlements/emoluments prior to your departure for services with the EMIRATE AIRLINE COMPANY in London.
    The employee will be reimbursed by the employer for reasonable moving expense incurred only as a result of relocation or early termination of leases, storage charges; procurement of travel documents, immunizations etc. Reimbursements shall be paid not more than five (5) Working days from submission of report/and receipts as proof of payments.

5.5 MEDICAL EXPENSES:
    Employer will provide the employee with comprehensive health care for the term of contract, and follow-on care for injuries suffered during the term of contract for employee and family.

5.6 OTHER ALLOWANCES AND/OR BENEFITS:
    This shall be provided for as deemed appropriate, and will be paid by employer. Quality single or family housing in company community. Personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowances. Free medical care in uk for you and your family for contract duration.

5.7 VACATION:
    Employees' shall be authorized paid four times vacation during the term of the contract, to be used at the employee’s discretion after duly informing and receiving approval from employer’s management. Employer
    will pay for travel expenses (i.e. flight tickets) and flat Rate travel allowance of £3, 600.00.

6.0 MOBILIZATIONS:

The first monthly salary shall be paid in advance before you embark on journey to assume duty. This is to

enable you settle all domestic needs before travel. As such no excuses will be entertained on assumption of duty relating to default. All payment of Salary after assumption of duty in UK shall be 75% paid into an offshore account to be provided by employee with the remaining 25% paid locally in United Kingdom. This is in line with the United Kingdom expatriate financial statutory laws. Expatriate shall also be liable to pay % of salary as withholding tax to the relevant authority in United Kingdom

7.0 JOB PROCESSING/ PROCEEDINGS:

All employees successfully screened and recruited for Emirates Airline shall be required to furnish us with a valid UK residence and work permits papers on or before the 15TH of OCTOBER 2009 as a proof of readiness to join the Emirate Airline team in the due time as stipulated above for your job resumption with the Emirate Airline in UK and also to enable you receive your first monthly salary including your due entitlements/emoluments prior to your departure for services in United Kingdom.
    However, for expatriate services employees who do not presently posses their valid UK residence and Work Permits papers, they are to make contact with the address given below for directives and assistance on the acquisition and procurement of their valid residence and work permits papers with the Emirate Traveling Agency here in United Kingdom.
    EMIRATE TRAVEL AGENT UK
    45 HILTON CLOSE, OFF ALLEN,
    GB0097 LONDON – UNITED KINGDOM
    EMAIL: [email protected]
    PHONE: +447024087668
    CONTACT PERSON: MR. TONY BENSON
    HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS.

8.0 CONTRACT:
    This is with effect from 31TH of OCTOBER 2009 when the contractor/consultant assumes duty in uk.

JOHN WILLIAMS
    HR MANAGER
    +447024094579

• Vi
    VitaliyKVS Mar 02, 2010

There is a good site on which there is constantly an updating of bases of swindlers to whom interestingly look there already more than 7500 swindlers and administrators constantly fill up base antiscammers.net

recruitment

Want to know the validity of the offer as in the present financial crisis scenario this sort of a joke (if it is) is very harmful (emotionally as well as physically).

rude behaviour and poor staff efficiency

last week i visted emiretes office in islamabad(blue area) for buying my ticket for newyork via dubai the staff there was very inhospitable and rude nobody was paying attention on his or her work most of the staff was sitting idle they were not guiding people in a proper manner in which they are supposed to their behaviour was very rude as if they were ready to fight specially a lady named AMINA OMER who was not paying attention on her work when i asked her about my reservation she showed very rude and agressive behaviour i strictly condemn this behaviour and such staff should be kicked out. The passangers spend a lot of money and in the end getting a service like this and such a rude behaviour from the staff is a matter of shame specially from the airline like emirates. i think that the airline should take strickt action against such people as it could affect the popularity and the business of the airline.

• Bs
    bshaw75 Oct 08, 2009

I guess they were angry that Emirates will not be paying any bonuses to thier staff this year and all promotions have been put on hold !!!

offer letter

On 11th of nov. I also received an offer letter vide ref. Job ref: e. A. G/gfp/uk114-08 for sr. Customer service agent.

Somehow, there seems to be complications in the offer letter and I doubt the authenticy of this offer letter. I do see that everbody have recieved the same offer on the same job ref /different positions and also the same salary package has been offered. I don't know how to get to the bottom of this and find out the exact position.

• Re
    Reginald Kula Nov 28, 2008

I was traveling with Emirate Airline to Dubai on fright number E 9 on the 25th of March2008 between 18h00 and have some problem with immigration officer by Robert took my passport which contain my luggage tug and I was detained for almost 8months in detention.And did not allow me to take my luggage since already checked inn

• Gn
    gn Dec 04, 2008

Pl check whether the Company is in existence or fake appointment letter for the following mail :

EMIRATE AIRLINE GROUP COMPANY (E.A.G)
    HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
    CONTACT PERSON: MR. MARK WILSON
    CONTACT EMAIL: [email protected]
    CONTACT PHONE: +447031936086
    (3) Once we confirm your works and residence permit from the Uk
    traveling agent, which stipulates that you are ready to join the team,
    we will take care of your traveling documents together with your
    flight ticket and any money which you spend in the procurement of your
    Uk Valid papers will be reimbursed to you during your first month
    upfront salary.

We hereby once more congratulate you on the success of you application
    amongst many that have applied and thereby instruct you to expedite
    all requirements as aforementioned so as to be able to meet the team
    before the deadline.

Congratulations!!!
    Mr. John Brown
    Recruitment Co-coordinator
    Daco. Recruitment Inc
    Tel: +447031936080

non - refundable tickets

I bought a ticket through the emirates.com, the ticket says non-refundable, the website does not give you the option to select the duration of the ticket (year or 6 month).
The ticket is NY, Dubai, Khartoum, Dubai, NY. the ticket from Khartoum was lost, I did not get any help and the last message I got in my voice mail after I contacted the NY office many times and submittin g the indemnity form that if the ticket is expired they can not do anything ...hello, where is my money, I did not used a whole trip, alteast give me something miles for example but don't rip me more than 850.
The worse part when you call the 1800 some one picking the phone in India and they have no clue to solve any problem, most of the time they ask you to call again and if lucky to get some one in US to speak to you.

employment

Emirates airline group menjena recruitment inc.
Terminal 2 departures hall hilton close, off allen avenue
Email; [protected]@live.com

Job ref: e. A. G/gfp/uk114-08 date; 8/11/2017

Attention: : mohammed al dammagh,

1.0 executive summary:

Emirates airline seeks to employ your services as an expatriate head nurse, for the provision of administrative services as stipulated in the following acts in this document. This document embodies the approved terms for the purpose of this contract.

2.0 position:
You will serve as head nurse, for the requirements of emirates airline in united kingdom.

Resumption date
You would be expected to resume on site on the 12th of december 2017.
Prior to resumption as inscribed above, you shall be expected to start your job processes by acquiring and procuring your necessary residence/work permits papers (With the uk travel agent united kingdom) on it’s earliest acquisition, you will receive all your due entitlements / emoluments prior to resumption of duty to enable you settle all domestic necessities before embarking on project trip and avoidance of excuses leading to delays on your side.
3.0 consulting personnel:
4.0 entitlements:

• Si
    Siddharth Das Nov 15, 2008

I have received an offer letter for working as Financial Analysist vide Job reference No. E.A.G/GFP/UK-114-08
    pl confirm the authentication of the offer letter

• Pv
    PV BALAKRISHNAN Nov 16, 2008

On 11th of Nov. I also received an offer letter vide ref.E.A.G./GFP/UK114-08 for Sr. Manager - Personal Secretary.

Somehow, there seems to be complications in the offer letter and I doubt the authenticy of this offer letter. I don't know how to get to the bottom of this and find oud the exact position.

Please help??

• Pu
    Puneet Pasrija Nov 19, 2008

On 13th November 2017 i received an Offer Letter for working as a Production Manager vide Job reference No. E.A.G/GFP/UK114-08. And they also tell me the salary of UK Pound 18, 500 GBP.

Please confirm the Authentication of this...

waiting for your possitive response.

• Dr
    dr Sajid Nomani Nov 19, 2008

dear sir,
    i have recived an Offer letter for working as a senior medical officer, job reference E.A.G./GFP/UK114-08
    please confirm the authentication of this letter,

thanking you
    regards
    Dr.Sajid Nomani

madhusudan Nov 25, 2008

i have recived an Offer letter for working as an ASST HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Job Ref: E.A.G/GFP/UK114-08 Dated 14/11/2017 in Manchester Airport. Please confirm the authentication of this letter as I see everyone else also being offered job on same file refence and date. How could be it possible. pl donot cheat people for some penny of pound

thanking you
    regards
    Colonel M S Hazra

• Ra
    rambabu Nov 27, 2008

I have received an offer lett3er for working as Business Development Manager in Manchester Airport, uk, Job ef:E.A.G/GFP/UK114-08dated 24-11-2017.pls confirm the authentication of this offer letter.

Jayant Desai Dec 11, 2008

Dear sir,

I booked my 2 baggages from delhi by ek0511 on 05.12.2017 to beira. The baggage tags given to me were having following nos
    Ek400459
    Ek400458
    At beira I got only one bag and bag having the tag no ek4000458 is yet to be received by me. I am unable to get any confirmation from the lam airlines by which I flew from jnb air port to beira. Can you please advise me the latest status of my bag and when I can expect the same as all our clothings are in this bag.

An early reply will be appriciated

Jayant desai
    E mail id [email protected]

• Ar
    ARIF 785 Feb 17, 2012

Safety issue about emirates flight

I recently traveled with emirates from sydney to dhaka via dubai. On last year 13th december my flight was ek 413 from sydney-dubai. The first time traveling with emirates air bus so it was very exciting to me and I traveled with my family. My daughter is 1year old so I took seat last cabin of the flight as the other passenger will not get disturb if my infant kid will cry. Any way, the meal time - we are waiting and waiting but no meal is coming. We were very hungry as the flight has been depart at 10pm and we left home in evening. They has been served to all cabin except the last one. I could not wait so long and ask a cabin crew where is our food? She told me she forgotten and told sorry!!! We found very strange when she did the same thing in breakfast time. I asked how can she forget all the time about the meal for the passenger? She told me that its a big flight and they cant remember!!! I told each cabin has nominated crew to serve and in air bus they do shift duty so how come they forget. She didnt reply me any thing about it. Any way now come to the main issue—

On 14th of december 2017 our flight was ek586 from dubai to dhaka. The transfer from airport to the flight via transit bus after a long waiting. Any way, we found in the flight that our seat arenot in serial that we booked for. So many other passenger came from europe and states who are going facing the same problem. When arrived we just seat on our located seat. But one family told me to exchange that we both family can be seat with our family member. I asked the cabin crew naznin and she told me that we cant seat with the infant as it was emergency exit row seats. I agreed and told her that we adult will seat there if it is ok for the flight. She gave us permission and we 3 adult (Window exit I sat and other 2 passenger from that family who wanted to exchange). Ok the flight has been departed and there was not safety video which is making me very strange. I was thinking about what cabin crew naznin told when we departed that exit row no child or infant can seat as a matter of safety. I want to tell about my self I am a marine engineer and working for australian merchant navy for the last 10years.20years I am flying with different air lines in every month. Last 5years I am qantas frequent flyer gold member. So could not accept what they did. I asked the cabin crew as she told about the safety matter about the exit row seat. Then before departure why she did not explain the emergency operation of the emergency exit door??? Where is the safety has been maintained by emirates before flying??? I asked the safety video matter too. She told it has been shown on tv screen. Then I asked my co passenger about safety video they had watch or not? They all said that they haven't seen. She was so grumpy and told that its not to explain the emergency exit door operation in case of emergency when we take off. She will explain to all of us when we will land and regarding the safety video she told it may be shown before we on board!!! I told her how come it is possible before all the passenger arrived the safety video has been shown. So I told her I am not happy about the safety video and emergency exit row responsibly explain with demonstration.
    After 10minutes, she came with another cabin crew name ellie. He told me whats my problem. I told what happen. Then he told me that he can select any person in this flight for emergency operation of the emergency exit door. He is not suppose to demonstrate me. Then I told him that how come it is possible? If he will select some one from the end row of the flight then in case emergency how the person can come to operate the emergency door? He didnt answer my this question and walk off with the cabin crew naznin.
    We came back to sydney our home and the same thing happen to the flight in ek 412 on 19th january, 2017 - no food served in last cabin and same excuse.
    Any way, I cant accept that the excuse that the air bus is very big and so many passenger that they cant look after all. They has nominated cabin to look after and we pay for the service in advance. Why should we will not get that. Ok, we can consider this food matter for this time as it was in xmas and school holiday season so they were busy but how come when safety issue is coming for the safety video and a sily explanation about the demonstration of emergency exit row seat matter. I really cant consider that safety issue. I will be highly oblige if emirates air lines will investigate that matter and improve the skill of the cabin crew and to give them more information about the safety of the flight and duty of care.
    I am waiting for the kind reply from emrates to investigate about the safety issue and resolve that problem that every one can fly with emirates safe with enjoy
    Mohammad arifur rahman
    Emirates frequent flyer number-ek-283214606

• Re
    Realistic_Reader Apr 04, 2012

To answer your question about the exit door (I am not Emirates staff but I used to fly as cabin crew with Australian airline)

It is not required for the passenger to individually be shown how to operate the door if that door has crew seated next to it, unless there is a known emergency during the flight. In this case the crew select passengers physically able and give them a briefing on how to operate the door. (This is what the guy meant when he said 'selecting passengers')

The information on how to open the door is printed on the door itself and also on the safety card. The aircraft manufacturer and the regulators do not consider full-size doors to be "self help exits" as trained crew are present to operate them.

If you have travelled on smaller aircraft (such as B737 or A320) then you may have seen passengers being told how to operate the over-wing window emergency exit. ("self help exit") You may notice there are no crew member stationed at these exits during take off and landing. Therefore, the passengers are told what to do in an emergency. Again, this is not necessary when crew members are present next to the exit for takeoff and landing.

Hope this clears your confusion with this.

lost baggage

My son travelled from Ahmedabad to Leeds via London Heathrow airport and the biggest check in baggage of his was not retreived. He has complained the lost baggage at the London Heathrow airport and proceeded to Leeds. After several mails the following is the reply I ( his father ) got after 50 days. This is totally un acceptable and I request the highest authority of Emirates to look in to this otherwise I shall be constrained to go to the cunsumor protection courts in India.

Our Ref: DXB/X/SK/160908/6629116
29 October 2008

r M Gangadhara Rao

Email: [protected]@rediffmail.com

Dear Mr Rao,

Baggage Claim Reference: AHL LHREK32300 / 12 September 2008

I refer to our previous correspondence in connection with the above baggage claim which was lodged by your son at London Heathrow airport.

Your son’s baggage claim was referred to our Central Baggage Tracing Unit for extensive tracing to be conducted. However, despite the best efforts of our staff, regrettably, we have been unable to find his bag.

A thorough investigation was conducted by us and we wish to advise you of our findings.

Our records show that your son had checked-in two bags at Ahmedabad airport and tag numbers EK004303 and EK004304 were issued. These bags were received at Dubai airport from the same flight on which he travelled, EK539 from Ahmedabad to Dubai on 12 September 2008.

The bags were subsequently loaded on your son’s connecting flight EK029 from Dubai to London Heathrow on 12 September. Both bags were loaded in baggage container number AKE13637EK.

This is a direct non-stop flight from Dubai to London Heathrow and all bags were delivered to the baggage carousel at London Heathrow airport. It is, therefore, surprising that your son received only one of his two bags.

I wish to advise you that lodging a missing baggage report on arrival, and subsequently completing the Baggage Inventory Form, does not automatically constitute acceptance of liability on the part of Emirates, and this statement is clearly printed on all our baggage reports and the Baggage Inventory Forms.

Regrettably, we are unable to consider your son’s claim on this occasion.

Thank you for allowing me to respond.

Yours sincerely,

Shashikala Saravanan

Customer Affairs

• Al
    alipanahi Nov 15, 2008

Coming back from Japan via Dubai airport the biggest check in baggage of mine was not retreived. I have complained the lost baggage at Komani airport Iran proceeded from Zanjan Iran. After many Phone calls which nobody answered I had to go to the airport again and paid 80 $ . BUt the person in charge was not there. It has been 3 months. I finally went to the office in Vali aser St. Again poor service. This is totally unacceptable and I request the highest authority of Emirates to look in to this otherwise I shall be constrained to go to the cunsumor protection courts here. the file number is IKAEK31457 09 aug 2008.

Now after chasing a lot and suffering and spending lots of money they offer 240$ which I really do not need this but my bag. I have spent more than that for travelling from Zanjan to Tehran many times or calling them offten and often.

Anne_Sonali Jun 30, 2009

Loosing customers luggage is a day to day practice at Emirates!!!

baggage lost, delay in flight

I have travelled by your airlines on 31.10.2008 from Kolkata, India to Muscat, Oman via Dubai. My flight no was EK 571 Y and EK 6478 Y respectively.
Complain no 1:- The EDT of EK 6478 was scheduled in the ticket as 1855 from Dubai. But without prior information it has been delayed to 2010 and merged with WY 0612. When I have asked at Transfer Desk B and C at Dubai international airport about EK6478, the personnel has told that they don't know about the flight name. Ultimately at 1700 hrs the display board shown that the timing of EK 6478 is 2010 hrs. This is the service of Emirates airlines!!!
Complain no 2:-
Though I have purchased the ticket of EK6478, I have got the boarding pass of WY 0612 at Dubai International airport. When I have reached at Muscat airport I have come to know that my baggage is still at Dubai airport. I have reached Dubai at 1300 hrs and left for Muscat at 2010 hrs. In this huge gap Emirates cann't communicate with Oman air for luggage transfer!!!
Ultimately I had lodged the Property Irregularity Report at Muscat Airport on 31.10.2008 at 1746 GMT. But till now I have not received any information about my baggage. Is this a good service from Emirates airlines?????????????
What I have to do to get back my Luggage?

• Ki
    kirstyrebecca Jan 12, 2010

it would appear that 'dubai' is still creating issues with lost baggage, my parents has now been lost for three days. How long was it before you got your luggage back?