Emirates Airlines / my 2 yr old baby not given a seat despite having the full ticket

United Arab Emirates Review updated:
Hi,

I had to travel with my wife and 2yr old daughter on 29dec08 0415am by ek513 flight from delhi to dubai. our booking
Reference nos. are as follows:-
1> ravjot singh -ezufgj freqent flyer no. is ek[protected]
2> rajinder banvet-ezufgj
3> zaina kaur - curzjb /ek - age 26 months.

I had booked seats 10 a, b, c thru internet.

Attached is the scanned copy of miss zaina kaur's emirates ticket for which i have paid aed980 and 20kgs baggage
Was allowed as per the ticket.

But when i reached delhi airport on the night of 28-29dec08 at 0130hrs the emirates ground check in staff did not
Allocate a seat to my daughter and said that she is an infant . and also they did not allow me 20kgs of baggage for
Her . i showed them the attached ticket for miss zaina kaur but they did not agree to it .

The emirates check in staff at at delhi airport terminal 2 on 28-29dec08 night, checkin counter no. b2 was arrogant
And useless. they gave unresonable and irratinal reasons for not allocating the seat to my 2yr old baby despite me
Having the ticket.

I want stict action to be taken againt the following personnel who were there at checkin conuter no. b2 at delhi
International airport. strict action should be taken against jasvir singh( jasveer singh) who was trying act over
smart.other personnel who were involved were surjit and ibad.

Afer much waste of time and deliberations and panic we were given the seats which i had already booked but the above mentioned
Emirates check in staff showed as if they have done some extra service to me. it has caused much distress to me, my wife and my
Baby.

Please trace jasvir singh ( jasveer singh)and take action against him and please do acknowledge me with
What action u have taken.

( if you see from dubai, it looks emirates is a wonderful airlines, but please visit delhi and see what is the state
Of affairs there. me and my family wont fly by emirates again from delhi after having such a experince with emirates
Staff at delhi airport. people like jasveer singh should not be allowed to attend to emirates flight. jasveer might be
A emirates staff or an external staff at delhi airport attending to emirates flight ek513 at delhi airport on 29dec08

Regards
Ravjot singh
+[protected]

Comments

Ni
  29th of Apr, 2011
In July 2010, my then 1 year old daughter, wife & I were booked to fly Dubai-NYC. We had made atleast 2 phone calls to Emirates in the span of 1 month prior to departure, requesting for a basinet seat for our daughter. On both occasions, we were assured that the check-in staff at Dubai T-3 would take care of our request, provided we arrived well before the ETD.

On our departure date, we arrived 3 hours prior to the ETD at the check-in counter in T-3. We were informed that all seats were full & they would be unable to provide us the basinet seat. It was only at the insistence & begging of my wife did the check-in staff agree to make amendments in the seating arrangements & eventually granted us the basinet seat.

Common sense would demand that on a 14 hour journey, with a baby in hand, there should be no need to justify our request for a basinet seat. Also, this was clarified on the phone, well before the journey that our request would be accepted by the check-in staff, which as I explained, didnt happen.

In light of the above, are we expected to believe & trust Emirates in future?

Emirates Group / Emirates.com Logo Emirates Group / Emirates.com