Emirates Airline / check in services

1 Dubai international airport, United Arab Emirates

I was travelling from Dubai to Chicago O Hare on January 1st 2016 with my husband and son. Since our flight was leaving at 9:40 am and the check in gate opened at 6:45 am, we got up early to make sure we got the airport in time and were in line when the check in counter was open. After getting to the check in counter around 7:120 am we were told we couldn't be given a seat since the flight was overbooked. I was appalled because we had confirmed tickets and seats. When I asked the lady at the counter how could this be possible she only replied that they were overbooked and if we were not willing to stay over night in Dubai to take the flight next day (which they mentioned they would pay of the hotel) we will have to come back at 8:45 am to check again if we have seat. With that they gave us 3 coupons for coffee and sent away. When we returned at 8:20 am my husband was asked for the passport and luggage and we were provided the tickets. I dont understand why this was not available an hour ago. We then had to rush through immigration and security to make sure we got to our ate before it closed at 9:20 am.If Emirates was overbooked, that is not my problem. I am not sure why they made it mine by first not giving me my assigned seat and then adding to the stress at the last minute. There were no apologies for the inconvenience. Next time Emirates can you please think before you overbook as people do pay you money when they reserve their seat in the flights and you have no right to treat your customers poorly for your ill planning.

Re