Electrolux India / non replacement of damaged microwave oven

1 India Review updated:

I purchased one microwave oven on 21.08.2007 on full payment in cash from from Great Eastern Appliances Ltd, 20 Old Court House street, Kolakata on 21.08.2007.

The machine has been delivered in damaged condition. There is a big gap in the door and it is not closing properly. The upper side of the machine is heavily damaged.

I immediately tried to contact your shop through telephone nos. 22318202, 22318203 and 22420133. But the phones were either engaged or not responding mode all the day long. I made the complaint through fax to their office on that day.

On the next day i.e. on 23.08.2007 I could contact their shop and I was told to lodge the complaint to Electrolux Office through phone no 2406 7146. Accordingly we made compliant on that day and the complaint no is 6009. On 24.08.2006 Mr. Indrajit Ghosh from Electrolux came for demonstration of the machine. He took the photocopy of cash memo on 27.08.2007 and the complaint was forwarded to Mr. Balai Dey, the contact no of whom is 24067118. Accordingly we contacted Mr Dey and according to him due to Stock Audit the delivery could delay upto first week of September. In the meantime I placed a written complaint to the Shop on 7th September, 07 with a request to follow up the matter.

On persuasion of the matter Mr. Balai Dey expressed that the complaint had been forwarded to Mr. SUBHAMOY CHATTERJEE the telephone number of whom is 32931326. On repeated attempts hour after hour, day after day from our side we failed to contact him. Finally after hours of repeated endeavor he promised that the oven would be delivered by Friday 14 th of September, 2007.

Today is 29th September,2007 and we have reached the extreme limits of our patience.

We are extremely dissatisfied and perturbed with Electrolux.

We have decided to return the machine and forego whatever we paid in purchasing the machine

Asok chaudhury
Patuli Township
Kolkata 94

Comments

Ar
  18th of May, 2008

I had purchased a Electrolux microwave oven,
model no EM25EG85SL Sl. No. 4171696 and PNC No.947602636 on 01.03.2005 on full payment in cash,
Microwave's Touch panel program is not working, So show the Authorised Dealer
but They told that this part is not Available.and Told me You can contact another Authorised dealer.
Is it Possible?I am Purchasing that Oven your shop.Ok.Even I will contact another Authorised dealer Shop
but I ddn't get this Part...
How Can Got this (Touch programme panel) part ...

Sa
  30th of Jul, 2008

In Delhi, we are running from piller to post to get the detials of service centre to get repair and microwave oven, which we bought in Mumbai. Their website is not working.

I don't know how to reach them!

Satish
Dwarka,
New Delhi

Pr
  10th of Aug, 2009

I have also similar experience. I too purchased one Electrolux oven model 20EC80SL from Great India Trading Agency, Sinthi, Kolkata on 3-2-07. I n April, 2008, I sfited from Kolkata to Durgapur and found the oven not working. After lot of efforts only I could get the phone number of local service centre at Durgapur. They attended and told that the magnetron is defective and it will be replaced since there is gurantee of 3- years for the magnetron. I am fade up on lodging complaint over complaint. Some body comes and again opens and again says that the magnetron is to be changed. They have collected my guranttee card telling that against that, they will replace the whole machin since that magnetron model is out of market. But till now, it has not been changed. For more than one year, my oven is remaining without working. Pl advice me where to lodge the complaint.
Prof. A.K.Mukhopadhyay