Electrolux / poor product quality and pathetic after sales

United States Review updated:
I had purchased an Electrolux Microwave oven with grille and convection a month back from Reliance Digital, Hyderabad. After using it rarely for 20-25 days the oven was dead. The matter was informed to Reliance Digital more than a week back but there was no results. After making further inquiries, the Reliance Digital customer care informed me that inspite of repeated complaints to Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad they did not bother to send anybody to check the oven and they are showing don't care attitude. Reliance Digital customer care staff also requested me to contact the Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad, directly to make further follow up.

4-5 days back, I called Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad the so called 'customer care executive' first refused to talk in English or Hindi, and insisted that I should talk only in Telugu or Tamil (I speak none). After giving him a thrash he started talking in broken English and after talking for 10 minutes he informed me that someone will visit my house at Mahindra Hills, Hyderabad to check the matter but none turned up !

Most of the time, when I call Electrolux Service Center in Hyderabad, they either do not pick up the phone or the lines remain engaged. The Reliance Digital people are also facing the same problem.

My sincere advise, that although I have been using Electrolux products for last 20 years during living and working abroad but after this experience with Electolux in India, I will not refer anybody to make the selection of the brand due to simple reason I have experienced. As an internationally known academician, customer satisfaction expert and management consultant, I will be teaching the case of poor Electrolux after-sales service as an example of brand failure.

Comments

Le
  5th of Aug, 2010
I am so disgusted in the customer service that I have received from your company. I have been through 2 simpson washing machines since 2008 and refuse to get a store credit so that I can buy another one. My current washing machine is giving me electric shocks and the service provider has recommended to not use this machine again. This was 8 weeks ago. I have been without a washing machine ever since. Today, I have found out that my claim has not been processed and that I will have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks for payment. NOT GOOD ENOUGH Harvey Norman Innisfail has been nothing but a nightmare as well. If you do not want me to go to Current Affair with my complaint, I would if I was you do something about this as soon as possible. I AM ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER
And, if you don't mind, my name and number are confidential, and I do not expect anyone ringing me on this number unless you are willing to help with my situation.
LEANNE PATTERSON
0408 301070
Sh
  6th of Oct, 2010
I purchased all four appliances from electrolux in April 2010. This will make the 16 th visit from repairmen and guess what? It's still not fixed. I know I'm one crazy person for putting up with this. I keep hoping it will get fixed once and for all. My advise to anyone wanting to purchase an electrolux item is to walk on by it. Save yourself the grief.
Ch
  21st of Dec, 2012
I purchased Electrolux hob and hood to replace my old unit. I trusted Electrolux products and so I believe what was the representation on the brochure about the KW capacity of the hob. It is supposed to be good for asian cooking etc.
But no, the design was to optimisze the gas usage and not to maximize the frame energy.
It was much worse that my earlier model. I call for service and the technicians came on separate occasion and could not solve the problem. I called the Electrolux headoffice and the sales manager was not helpful and passed the buck around. It was several months ago. I felt very frustrated on every occasion when my sister in law is cooking the meal.
I later understand that Electrolux Malaysia is locally owned now.
Their response is not forthcoming and hope that this matter just die by itself leaving me feeling a stupid fool trusting an international brand.
I will not recommend buying any Electrolux products. They are not responsive and irresponsible not to settle my case.

Frigidaire / Electrolux Logo Frigidaire / Electrolux