eHarmony / everything about them sucks!

1 United States

I just want to tell as many single people as possible "don't waste your time or money on eHarmony"! The website is difficult to maneuver around and in some cases confusing. You have to jump through hoops in order to just get an email address, so that you can contact Customer Support, and there's no way they're offering up a phone number for Customer Support (I defy anyone to find that on their site)! I had to go Google for that!

I had nothing but problems from the moment I tried to sign up with them...First they wouldn't take me because I was separated and not divorced yet. Once I got divorced you have to give them several pieces of court info, via email, before they'll take you again. I sent them the info twice...only to finally have to get a whole new email address because their CS never did their job. So, I finally get on and for some reason my pics won't load. I haven't had any problem with loading the same pics on other dating sites...even on this one...but they wouldn't load on their site. I even double checked their specs and my pics fell well within range. So, I did the next thing I was offered...emailed the pics to eHarmony (via an address they provided) and waited...and waited...and waited. Five days later, I did it again, receiving two emails, from them, notifying me that the pics were approved and loaded, ready for viewing...not so much. They still weren't appearing on my page! So, I went to the link, that they provided at the bottom of their email, and looked for "Customer Support" (what they said to do!). There is NO link to customer support from that link or any other page. Also, I was given mostly 50+ men to choose from...I'm 42...and reasonable cute! Soooooo not for me!

Now I will say that once I Googled and used the 800 number, after a long wait, I spoke with someone who was happy to give me my money back (after a 7 to 10 day waiting period) just to get me off the phone. That was the quickest, most painless thing the CS dept. did for me. I hope they get it right!

I highly recommend POF.com (free) or OKCupid.com (free) or even Match.com (not free)...but whatever you do...stay away from eHarmony and the grief they'll cause you...not to mention they are exhorbitantly priced, especially for the lack of service you get and the product they provide. Don't believe what they tell you on their commercials!!!

Thanks for reading my tirade and I hope it helps someone, anyone out there with their decision.

Da