eHarmony / unauthorized renewal
I opened my August statement to find I too was charged a $140 renewal. When I called to complain, they offered a $91 refund and a 'reduced' monthly fee. When I explained that I NEVER authorized auto renewal, and I closed my account in April, they had the nerve to question what I did - because according to them, I only stopped receiving matches. BS! They do not send emails (this is why), nor do they notify of renewals - trust me, I would have been all over this one.
Suggestion to those to run into this:
1. Dispute the charge with your bank, every bank has a form you can complete. If you are lucky to have emails or screen shots, send those along.
2. File a complaint on the BBB and through Consumer Affairs
3. Look into getting legal consultation
I'm trying to see if there is enough their to warrant a class action suit against this company. We all work hard for our money, and no one has a right to steel what they are not authorized to steel.
More eHarmony Complaints & Reviews
- eHarmony - fraud, deception, lack of service, service interruptions 
- eHarmony - customer service is horrible! 
- eHarmony - subscription cancellation 
- eHarmony - overpriced rip-offs! 
- eHarmony - expired member matching 
- eHarmony.com - profiles
- eHarmony - complaint regarding treatment by eharmony
- eHarmony - misrepresentation of effective compatibility categories
- eHarmony - everything about the site
- eHarmony - fraud and scam