eHarmony / billing does not stop

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

When I took a subscription with eHarmony it was for a 3 month period. The matches weren't particularly great, which isn't their fault, so after a few weeks I contacted them to ask how I cancel the subscription. I was advised that the subscription can't be cancelled until the remaining two payment have been debited. Then months later I received another email to let me know another term of three months had commenced. I have contacted them again to ask for the auto renew to be cancelled and I have received the same response, to pay the next term of three months. This site is a scam!

Al
May 14, 2015

Comments

• Be
      4th of Mar, 2008
    eHarmony - Refusal to give refund for service not used!
    1560 San Tomas Aquino Road
    San Jose
    Phone: 408 314-4855

I thought I had canceled the service on line at eharmony, I honestly attempted to. And the refuse to reverse the charges and refund me my money. They charged me $49.95, for a renewal fee, I thought I had canceled. And after speaking with customer service, they refused to cancel and refund the fee!!!

• Pa
      13th of Jun, 2008
    eHarmony - Found a partnerDid not want to extend my subscripton
    eharmony
    133 east south street
    Carlisle pa
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 717-249-3565
    eharmony.com

I've found someone and do not want to resubscribe.
    Paul gregory myers.
    Ps enjoyed being online with eharmony .But i don't need it now.

• Ke
      22nd of Jul, 2008

ive tried getting in to my e harmoney and said my e-mail was no good. so i got a new one which is k.griffin58@yahoo.com and i cannot get into my account. please help!!!1

• Vi
      12th of Aug, 2008
    eHarmony - Discrmination
    Burlington
    Ontario
    Canada

I tried to register on eHarmony. They ask for your race, the options are: White (non-hispanic), African American, Asian, hispanic/latino, etc.

I'm white and of hispanic culture. What am I supposed to check? There should be entries for white hispanic, black hispanic, asian hispanic, etc.

• Va
      28th of Oct, 2008
    eHarmony - not interest anymore i think its sucks

I am not so very happy about this match company, i would like that eharmony cancels my membership starting nov 15/08
    I think its really a waste of time because this doesnt really work.

13th of Feb, 2009

i cant get past their initial sign up form, , i filled out all of the answers correctly, then when i would travel to the next group of questions, , i would get a notice that i didn't fill out the answers, , and i did, , , dammit!!!i cant bflieve that they would have such a user unfriendly sign up form, , not for me, , joe b.

• Fr
      29th of Nov, 2010

You pick hispanic...

• Oh
      17th of Feb, 2011
    eHarmony - Says free, but isn't
    Ohio

BEWARE!! the free Feb. Communication is NOT free. You cannot email anyone unless you pay the membership. Typical eHarmony money scam. And this after I swore NEVER to go there again.

• 20
      9th of May, 2011
    eHarmony - Bad customer service
    Eharmony

Met a girl here in 08. we married and i was scamed. divoice pending. you need to select clients and screen more carefully...girl is from del rio. texas. entire family crooks as well. i will never use eharmoney again. thanks for the memories..

27th of Nov, 2011
    eHarmony - deceptive, does not deliver, billing
    Eharmony
    Midland
    Michigan
    Phone: 9894967229

Did not come close to providing advertised matches, deceptive billing, eventually stopped any matching but continued auto billing. Poor customer service. A TOTAL RIPOFF. SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST E-HARMONY.

• Ki
      4th of Jun, 2012

The list gets longer and longer. I had a situation where a male member was looking for "Swinger" hook ups!
    How crazy is that? eHarmoney doesn't exactly look into the details of profiles. As long as one pays their fee; what do they care.
    Another issue is the "What If" page. It is down every single time I go to have a look.
    This was a very stupid decision on my part to get involved with eHarmoney. The only people I've met are creeps, perverts and odd balls.
    For those who are thinking of joing. Save it. Don't bother it is a total scam!

• Eh
      29th of Aug, 2014
    eHarmony - Robbery

The signup offers 3-3 month periods but does not identify that you cannot cancel until the total amount is paid.In my cas a total of $185 would have to be paid when the promised dating service did not deliver.

• Ju
      9th of May, 2016

In the terms and conditions it describes cancelling by accessing account settings then clicking on a deactivation button which is non existent. Under the Terms of agreement also gives you a full address to write to cancel a subscription however this can be cancelled when they receive such a letter which could be just after the next enrolment entitlement.!