EgyptAir / Refund

Four monthes ago I bought two air tickets in EgyptAir site (from Athens to Cairo). Unfortunately I was forbidden to check in because I had no longer the credit card used (note that at boarding time 20th May, the credit card bill was already paid), then I bought other tickets for me and my wife. EgyptAir office personnel in Athens Airport said it will be easy to be refunded. It is not. I proof to them that the four ticket were already paid and a month ago I reach an agreement with Mr Karamanis from Egypt Air Athens office but, unfortunately this company has no commitment with their customers and I was not refunded yet.<br />
Their call center was not helpful either. They said I have to talk to Athens Office. Seeing that I live very far in Brazil, they gave no attention to me. I sent about 23 e-mail, they reply one. I phone them 8 times. They never call me back.

A  12th of Aug, 2010 by
At the beginning of August, I flew from Bucharest (Romania) to Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), after 2 months of uninterrupted vacation. I used a combo with two transits, one in Istanbul and the other in Cairo. The flight was divided between Tarom (Romanian Airlines) and EgyptAir, as follows: 2 august/IST RO 263, 2august/CAIRO MS 736, 3 august RUH MS 649. My precious luggage was wrongly labeled on the way and got lost.

I had bought my two-way ticket via Expedia, because it seemed to offer good connections and it was cheaper than those ofered by one single airline. Mistake! My luggage is still missing: I actually received, within a few hours from arrival, someone else's luggage with my tag attached to it).

Within a few days, Tarom responded to my written complaint, claiming that they searched on ground and pointing that the international legislation puts the responsibility on EgyptAir, my final carrier. EgyptAir remains silent on this subject, although 10 days ago, immediately upon arrival at destination, I filed a complaint, describing in detail my luggage. The file nr is RUHMS11677/03AUG10/0108GMT

If you know any other way to contact directly Egyptair, please let others know on, this site.

My lost luggage was Roncato brand, color ORANGE, hard cover, carried upright. Additionaly, it had small printed bullets spelling my name, diana, on its front cover. It also had a secondary Tarom label with my entire name, my final destination and mobile phone number: 00 966 5258908, handwritten on this label. A last characteristic: it had light gray handle and flaps - one of the flaps was broken. The weight was 21 kilos.

After reading the poor reviews on services ofered by EgyptAir, I realize the extent of my mistake. I think people should research more carefully an airline's reputation before buying their tickets. If there is no possibility of flying a reputable airline, insure your luggage! Needless to say, keep your most valuable thinks on you, although sometimes, it is impossible to put everything you would like in a hand bag. Since I had vacationed for 2 uninterrupted months, I had many brand name clothes and cosmetics among many other irreplaceable or expensive things.

Although I am a frequent international flyer, I vow NEVER EVER to fly EgyptAir again. It was the first and the last time. The contents of my lost luggage, my peace of mind and my time were worth much more than the difference I would have payed to fly a reputable airline, like Air France, Lufthansa or Swiss Air!

diana b