[Resolved] eDreams

Posted:

fraudulent claims and withholding of money

4.9
Spain
edreams.com
We have also experienced awful service from eDreams. 2 days ago, I tried to book a flight for my mother who was intending to travel from Budapest to Malaga. After checking the various options and availabilities on eDreams' site, I went ahead and booked the flight and eDreams deducted money from my account.

Within one hour, I received an email from eDreams saying there was a problem with their system and that they could not grant the ticket. I immediately contacted them and was told that they would not be able to refund my money for several days (no specific date), leaving me in a massive dilemma, as I did not now have the funds to book an alternative flight with another company.

After countless phone calls and emails, they still refused to offer an immediate refund or an actual flight on the time we had specified. All the while, they continued to advertise the same exact flight, enticing other people to pay for a ticket to something eDreams know damned well they cannot fulfil.

It is pretty clear that eDreams deliberately scam people into booking flights that they cannot deliver, take their money, hold that money for an undetermined amount of time and cause distress to people who simply want to book a flight!

I have spent the best part of the whole day today, speaking with countless people at eDreams, each of which has told me a different story; one said it would take 1-2 days for a refund, one said it would take up to 5 days and another said it would take between 5-10 days! I’ve checked online for experiences of other eDreams customers who have said it took up to 30 days before they received a refund! If you consider how many times this must be happening, it soon becomes evident how much money eDreams must have sat in their accounts, earning interest at our expense.

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to avoid eDreams and any other comparison site operating in this manner, like the plague!!

Resolution statement

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Dec 01, 2011
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconveniences, would you please send us an email to: edreams.onrep.en@edreams.com, our representatives will help you immediately

On our Web page you will find our phone numer: 1900 9451999 and customer service email: customerservice-us@edreams.com

We look forward to receive your email so we can better assist you.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Oct 30, 2014
Dear customer,

Did you have any incident with an eDreams booking we could help you with?

We'll be pleased to help you out if you let us know your case. Please, we kindly ask you to fill the following form and we'll contact you shortly:

www.edreams.com/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Nov 20, 2014
Dear all,

@Notfair: we are very sorry to hear that you have experienced such difficulties to get in contact with us and get your case resolved. Could you please let us know your booking reference in order to check what has occured and how we can help you?

@Boris-Jerusalem: should you have not received your refund yet, please provide us with your booking reference and email and we will look into your case carefully.

This is the contact form to send your booking references and email address:

www.edreams.es/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

@Abbymilam: I have already found your case and I have passed it on to one of our agents, who will contact you shortly.

Our apologies to you all regarding all the inconveniences that we may have caused you.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Nov 21, 2014
Dear Abbymilam,

As our agent Natasja has informed you via private email, we have already requested a refund but has not been aproved yet by the airline. We'd like to inform you that, as per our records, there is no cancellation insurance included on your booking.

Should you have further inquiries regarding this issue, do not hesitate to contact our agent Natasja.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Dec 02, 2014
Dear Abbymilam,

We'd like to inform you that we processed your refund yesterday. Please, note that it might take several days to receive this transfer in your bank account.

Our apologies once again for all the inconveniences regarding this issue. Should you need assistance on this or other case, feel free to contact our agent Natasja via email.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jan 21, 2015
Dear Amit Gupta 15,

I have just read your message and I have already passed your case on to one of our agents, so we treat your case in priority.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jan 29, 2015
Dear customer,

Could you please provide us with the booking references so we can check your case in detail?

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Feb 18, 2015
Dear Angry customer!111,

Could you please let us know your booking reference and email address by replying to the private message we have just sent you?

With this information, I'll be able to retrieve your case and contact you shortly regarding your refund.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Mar 09, 2015
Dear PHAM THANH MINH,

Could you please let us know your booking reference so we can find your case and contact you?

eDreams Customer Care's Response, May 21, 2015
Dear marktraveller,

Thank you for your comments and please accept our advanced apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please respond a private message we have sent you, so that we can look into your case and update on a refund status.

We kindly remind you that you can file a complaint by filling a claim form available on our official web site. Please make a click on the below link to find out how:

Warm regards,

eDreams - Customer Care team
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 01, 2015
Dear Sam4sit

We would be happy to assist.

Please respond a private message we have sent you, so that we can look into your particular case.

Nicole
eDreams - Customer Care team.
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 07, 2015
Dear ar.richa,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

As we could verify, one of our agents had treated your complaint and after checking the ticket issued by eDreams with the airline was advised that that was, which you flown thus, a refund has to be requested for another ticket you have arranged through the alternative channel.

In any case, we have transferred your comments to the agent in charge of your case in order to review your complaint.

We hope the matter would be solved quickly and favorably.

Nicole
eDreams - Customer Care team.
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 21, 2015
Dear Jasmine,

I'm very sorry to inform you that there was a small mistake on the e-mail address registered at time of booking, which was impeding you to receive any communication of ours.

As we could verify, a refund had been already processed by the airline. We have transferred your comments to our agents and hope you would receive a refund within this week.

eDreams - Customer Care team
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 25, 2015
Dear Genna Mumford

On behalf of eDreams we thank you for your comments and for the chance to remind to all eDreams users, that in certain cases, a booking confirmation may take up to 24h. Furthermore, the second communication “confirmation e-mail” would not contain a paper ticket, but a direct link, which would appear highlighted in a blue colour following the booking reference.
We were happy to learn that one of our agents has treated your particular case and provided the e-ticket for the correctly confirmed flight reservation.

We wish you a magic journey to US ;)

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Sep 08, 2015
Dear Nexhmie, Sudipta,

Thank you for providing your booking references, we have transferred your comments to one of our agents in order to look into your cases with care.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2015
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting eDreams once again.

Your booking attempts could not be confirmed, unfortunately.

No charge was made with this regards.

Please note that sometime, the financial institutions temporarily block the amount of available credit until the final charge is made, and later reverse the temporary charge. The client may temporarily see such duplicate charges, but one of them will automatically be reversed by the financial institution.
Amounts withheld in this manner will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.
Remember that such amounts are withheld by all travel agencies, and that these are not isolated incidents in Spain, as they are caused by the operations between financial institutions, the companies issuing debit and credit cards, and IATA. Travel agencies give the order to issue the ticket, but the payment collection processes are handled by the parties mentioned above.

We remain at your disposal for any further questions.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Oct 29, 2015
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your responses.

After having double checked, we hereby confirm that the payment did not went through and that the charge you may see, will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Mar 04, 2016
Dear Reviewer68419,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this matter to our attention.

We would like to inform you that as stated in our Terms and Conditions, your ability to cancel or modify a booked product depends exclusively on the airline's fare conditions. In this case, we would like to check the fare you have booked in order to advise you if cancellation within 24 hs was permitted or not.

In order to do that, we have sent you a private message requesting you your booking details in order to assist you further.

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Mar 04, 2016
Dear Reviewer17973,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to explain you how eDreams prices work.

From the first moment you start a purchase in our website, the price displayed is the final price, which does not include additional services/products that may be optionally added by the client during the purchase process.

For the benefit of our clients, the price displayed in the first step of the purchase process is the cheapest fare in our website, which offers a discount provided that payment is made with a special discount card. However, in the same step, we advise our clients that other method payments will be found in the "Payment Method" box. This will show the new prices in accordance to your preferred payment card.

When you reach the payment stage, if you enter a card different to the special card indicated, then the price will change to the new price for the service charge, plus any credit card fees. This is still before you commit to 'Buy It Now'.

Besides, we inform you that baggage fees depends on the prices offered by airlines and in any case, if the trip selected does not include free baggage, the baggage price is displayed so you may decide whether you include it or not.

We hope to have you informed accordingly and if you have made a booking with us and you have any further doubt regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us back by replying our private message.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, May 31, 2016
Dear Lizzymcmahon,

Thanks for posting your review in Complaints Board.

We have checked your booking and we have found that one of our agents is assisting you via Facebook.

Please contact her directly if you need further assistance.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2016
Dear customer,

We are sorry if your recent experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

We would be happy to look into your case. For that purpose, please respond a private message we have sent you.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2016
Dear Criscris

Unfortunately, due to some web issues, we were not able to sent the message.

Please feel free to contact us making a click on our logo and then "sent the message".

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jun 13, 2016
Dear pringlrr,

We are sorry to read about your experience and we regret any inconvenience caused.

In order to check your case, can you please provide us your booking code?

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

Lucy
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 20, 2016
Dear MaxDase,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this issue to our attention.

In order to check your case accordingly, we kindly ask you to provide us your booking code.

We hope to hearing from you soon.

Lucy
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Sep 08, 2016
Dear Fabien,

We are sorry to hear that your seats have been booked twice however, we may assure you, that the booking is created per the customer directly when filling out the on-line form and entering the details into the reservation system. Had not you filled the form for the second time, the issue may lie with a double charge.

Kindly respond a private message we have sent you in order to look into your case further.

Nicole - eDreams
Complaint comments Comments (104) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Airlines

Comments

A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by    +3 Votes
By the way, I constantly asked for a more senior person to deal with my complain, they kept passing me over to a colleague at the same level and said "it is not company poilicy to transfer customers to more senior members of staff".

After a while, they simply hung up on me! So much for customer service! Several hours later, eDreams are still advertising the exact same flight, knowing full well it is not available!

I have done some very simple checks online for the directors of eDreams, whose names appear on LinkedIn:

Javier Perez Tenessa, CEO
Xavier Pladellorens, Online Marketing Manager
JOSEP BERNAT, Director de precios - CAO y de la oficina de proyectos
Nico Bour, New Media Marketing Manager
Mauricio Prieto, Managing Director

The customer service staff told me they had never even heard of the company's CEO Javier Perez Tenessa!

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to AVOID EDREAMS AND ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT DEALS WITH CUSTOMERS IN THIS MANNER. LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
A  1st of May, 2009 by    +2 Votes
We've just had a similar customer service brush-off. Booked a one stop flight from Australia to UK which after taking our money has turned into a two stop flight. Every stage of booking process showed just one stop which was required for our nervous pensioner parents, instead they now have to endure another take-off and landing.

For what is a very stressful situation where we offered to upgrade/buy another ticket their customer response was one liner "no changes possible". A computer could have generated it.

edreams response is that they don't have to advertise 'technical stops' so I guess in collusion with the airlines they can put in as many stops as they like and miss-sell products. I feel a fool for not checking ABTA/ATOL like accreditation (in UK case) and in future will avoid international internet flight shops such as edreams as everyone else should do.
N  8th of May, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Hello @Notfair:

My name is Nico Bour and I am the New Media Marketing Manager at eDreams. First of all, I want to apologize about all of the different problems you had during the whole process. If I can help you sending me your reservation number, I will contact directly our costumer team to check how is your refund going.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Kindest regards, Nico Bour.
email: nico@edreams.com

Hello @Dan:
As I said to @Notfair I want to apologize about your two stop flight. The problem is that sometimes the airlines companies don't include in the amadeus system (international system used by nearly all travel agencies) the technical stops and that's why when you were searching for this flight it didn't appear. I am sorry but in this case all the travel agencies are in the same situation. If I can help you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Kindest regards, Nico Bour
N  24th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
How is it that that the " New Media Marketing Manager" at eDreams has so much time to spear that he can sit and answere complains at random internet sites?
A  10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am having another bad experience with eDreams. After doing my booking I received a confirmation of reservation but no e-ticket was sent. Next day I started enquiries and I was advised to send a copy of my passport and a copy of my credit card so as to do more checks. I am not aware of any respectable company who would ask for such serious information to be faxed or emailed. To me This looks more like skam.
I am upset why such organisation should exist and urge every who has a problem with eDream not to give up and rather to pursue their issues with eDream until either they correct their policies or close down.
N  10th of Jun, 2009 by    -2 Votes
Hello @Ahmed,

i am Nico Bour from eDreams. Can you please tell me which is your confirmation number? This would help us.

Regarding your comment, I would like to inform you that we asked you to send us by fax a copy your passport and credit card as a security mesure in order to protect customers from frauds.

I apologize any inconvenience it may cause.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Nico Bour
A  24th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
EDREAMS TOOK MY MONEY!

So, I bought two tickets from eDreams to go to Milan from France. Unforunately, I had missed my flight and spoke with AirFrance (which was the airline I was flying with) that the agency (Edreams) should refund atleast the tax amount if I do not fly with them. Airfrance was unable to change my ticket.

I understand that I am not to get the full refund..but I am entitled to get back what I paid in taxes...

So I called Edreams, got disconnected several times and passed along to many customer services operators that did not explain correctly what was going.

When I finally spoke to someone about it, it was still confusing. Apparently I will get a refund, but would have to be charged to get my refund? I do not understand this and I am unsure of how much money I will be getting back. At first the operator said 16 euro, then I implied that I was suppose to get 200 back, then she agreed and asked if I accepted?

Now there is another transaction to my credit card from edreams..

I know that it is my right as a customer to receive any refund entitled to me. Is there another way to make a complaint about this company or another site that can cause this company some damage or maybe shut it down??

I am very upset and this is not legit business from the complaints I am reading.. I wish I read the complaints before I decided to buy with them.

No other online company has given me this much trouble for canceling a flight...
N  25th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
@silverdrmz : I am Nico Bour from eDreams. Can you please send me to nico@edreams.com your booking details so I can check what's going on with the refund ?

thanks.

best regards.
Nico Bour
A  4th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Same story I m afraid, booked a ticket today for me, my husband and our newborn daughter to go see my family for christmas 1225 euros, paid by mastercard after THEY told me I couldnt pay by bank transfer...
I deposited money onto my creditcard and booked, received confirmation number and after that an email saying I should pay by bank transfer !? I phoned them in spain, from south africa, I ve spend a half day on hold during several calls with them. They are unfriendly to say at the least, barely speak english and told me that I could only pay by bank transfer... I told them I had already booked with my mastercard. They said they would cancel the tickets free of charge, so I said ok do that please so I can book elsewhere WITH creditcard.
When I tried to book elsewhere my payment got declined because apparently edreams had already charged the creditcard WHILE they said payment by creditcard wasnt possible for an amount over 1000 euros !
I cant book anywhere else now as I dont have the funds to pay twice and edreams accounts dpt is ofcourse closed till monday ! All I wanted was to go show my parents our newborn daughter over christmas and they simply took that from me... Their service is HORRIBLE and they treat you like you are a liar even when I sent them a copy of my bank charges that proof that they charged my creditcard BUT YET I HAVE NO TICKETS since they were cancelled. I was in tears ... not much I can do now except contact them on monday and hope to get either tickets or money back.
N  13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Another similar story I'm afraid. I booked a flight, transfered the money, heard nothing from edreams despite the transfer having gone through.

I called them up only to be told that the flight had been full for several days, when I asked why I had not been informed there was no response.

I requested a refund of the money I had paid and after several emails and calls from my side I still had received no refund. I then threated to take the complaint further, and a day later received an email saying that the transfer had been made.

6 weeks later and yes... you guessed it I'm still waiting for this mysterous transfer that my bank has not had any sight of.

I'd advise everyone to stay away from this company.
N  19th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
OMG..
i just purchased a ticket and have requested a cancellation...i wonder if i will get my money back!!!
saurav_palit@hotmail.com
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
dear all.
I also booked 2 tickets with Edreams for indirect flights. FIRSTLY they didn't accept my Visa debit card payments and advised to pay via bank transfer. I made reservation on Sunday and early Monday morning came to the bank and the people there were surprised why company Edreams using such an awkward payment method. Any way, each transaction cost me 20 pounds. I managed to pay for 2 tickets in 1 transaction trying to avoid additional cost. on tuesday I made payment and Edreams confirmed me that they received money. BUT!
They said that my 2 tickets don't cost the price that I paid. They urgently demanded extra 49 euros, saying that my tickets THAT I RESERVED cost now fifferently.
I spoke to them on Tue before making payments but nobody told me that cost of tickets had increased. I'm laughing! My tickets insured, hope it will work!
Please could someone share experience what legal action that you taken to withold licences from Edreams? Is anybody compaining?
DON'T EVER USE THEM.
Hope to hear from you soon,
many thanks
N  27th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just booked a ticket from Casablanca to Madrid and they sent me a mail saying that there was "some problems" with my transcation so they could not provide ticket details. BUT MY CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED. Does anyone know who I can talk to???
Suma
N  21st of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
HELLO.. i just booked a ticket from Lisbon to Cap vert and cost 694.27 euros, the money was withdrawn from my account, but did not give me a confirmation of my trip claiming that my credit card was refused.

how can I recover my money, or at least the ticket.
sanogueira304@hotmail.com
A  8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Oh no! I just booked using my Visa Debit and they sent me booking confirmation and later followed up with an e-mail telling me my card was refused. I hope it doesn't mean they have deducted the money and I have to run behind them to get it back. ARGH.
N  8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
@Pmnon: Don't worry, if the card were really refused there is no way to deduct your money. For sure, they will ask you to use another payment method in order to get the money and confirm the booking
N  21st of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
So glad I checked here 1st

I was going through the search and booking process on e dreams and became bit uncomfortable with the fact they asked for my passport number when registering my details. I fly a lot and have never had to submit this information before.

I just had a hunch, suspended the booking and enetered 'e dreams scam' in the search box and here I am!

Now off to the Thomas Cook website to book direct. It is their flight anyway and cost just £2.85 more.

Grateful thanks to all who have commented and I am so sorry you all had such bad experiences.

Nico; bless you. Go and find yourself a better employer.
A  26th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Unfortunately I became a part of the Edream scam. I tried booking a flight via their website and the booking failed. But guess what, they still charged me 1200 pounds!!! I tried contacting them and I all got was a rude reply and they hanged up on me. I have the conversation recorded and I am exploring ways of taking legal action against them. Unlike most of the people who threaten to sue them, I can actually do it. At the moment I am waiting to see if the money will be refunded in the next 5 days (already been a week) and in the meanwhile I am researching the company. Please leave a message on this forum if you would like to join me for a class action lawsuit against them.
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Hi @ vasko

I just booked flights today with edreams, wish I had read this forum first. Got charged double the amount due but the invoice is only showing the one agreed amount. The first booking failed as the flights were gone halfway through but no card details were given at this stage so they can't claim the flights were booked.

I'll let you know how I get on but I'm doing a law degree and they'll be messing with the wrong person if I don't get that money returned to the card!

Pamela
N  2nd of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
To: @ vasko and @Pamelaangley

Hello, this is Jorge, from eDreams.

First of all, I want to apologize about all the different problems you had during the reservation process.

If you send me an email to contact@edreams.com with your booking details (locator/ reservation number) I will pass them to our customer service team to check the status of your flights / refunds

And they will contact you as soon as possible with updated info.

Jorge