Edgars / they are giving your credit-control policies a very bad name
I had an Edgars account in 2000. After receiving a bill for goods I did not purchase, I queried the bill, submitted the affidavit stating I did not purchase the goods and considered the matter closed.
I have just received a call from an unknown call centre agent who would not give me his name, telling me I now owe more than 3 times what the original disputed amount was! I told him to apply the in duplum rule, that the debt has prescribed and that the matter was closed. He demanded my ID number and when I refused to confirm it, he said he would list me on ITC as a bad payer.
I don't know who this call centre is that you have handed over alleged bad debt to, Edgars, but it's shocking. I wonder how many non-attorneys have been intimidated by this bunch but they really need to learn some manners. They are giving your credit-control policies a very bad name.
More Edgars Complaints & Reviews
- Edgars - black friday cell phone sale 
- Edgars - cellphone insurance
- Edgars - my wife and I were extremely embarrassed and humiliated by edgars
- Edgars - unblocked account 
- Edcon - poor service 
- Edgars Fashion / Edcon - poor service at edgars galleria
- Edgars Fashion / Edcon - jet clothing
- Edgars Fashion / Edcon - unfair treatment
- Edgars Fashion / Edcon - disrespectful rude behavior from manageress
- Edgars - service from manager