eCost.com / Scam

I just got burned by the ecost scamwagon!! Ordered a 23" samsung monitor and payed through paypal. Monitor showed up packed like crap with the base smacking around inside. I shouldn't have even bothered opening it but I did. The monitor had no cables, no warranty info, and was wrapped in a sheet of thin foam. After taking the foam off I noticed the monitor had fine scratches all around the bezel and had a completely different stand than was pictured on the site. It is basically a different model than what they have pictured. I called thinking oh man they are going to want to hear about this. Boy was I wrong. They initially were acting as though I was out of line for asking for an RA#. Then they told me they would issue an RA# only if I took pictures of the monitor and scratches. UNBELIEVABLE!!! You send me a damaged item that isn't even what I ordered and now I have to send you pictures of the dam thing. Get bent!! Steer clear of this crap company. The negative reviews I'm finding after the fact make me feel like an idiot for ever doing business with them.

Mu

Comments

• Cl
      11th of Aug, 2009

These guys are a bunch of SCAM ARTISTS! I was stupid enough to pay $40 for their "premium" service. IT'S BULL!!! The "outrageous offers" they put on their ads are BOGUS!! I hope they get shut down. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

• Br
      29th of Sep, 2009

It is a SCAM!!! These people are terrible retailers. Their service sucks and if you order a back ordered item, they will pend your payment for 3 weeks and then cancel your order without notice. All while telling you they will be getting new stock. AVOID THEM!!!

15th of Jan, 2010

I bought a camera at on the 6th of Dec 09, I was suppose to be a Nikon Coolpix S60, but sent me a different camera, which they sent me around the 19th- yes I know christmas will make shipment slow... Anyways, I called them and told them they shipped me the wrong camera, and please send me the correct one ASAP, for my son coming to visit for Christmas. They told me to get in contact with some other department that handles returns, well after about a 30 minute wait on the phone, the return department was very snotty with me, and acted like I was telling a story? Anyways, they wanted me to email them a few pics of the camera, and then let them know what kind of camera it is... I did that, 4 days later 23 of Dec 09, I got an email from eCost sending me information that a return lable will be mailed to me. Okay, first thing I said to myself: wow, they are slow, and how am I suppose to get this camera back and the new one that I ordered before my son leaves around New Years day? Well, make the story short. I mailed it back on the 27th of Dec 09, and never heard back from them. Today (15 Jan 10) Paypal sent me a email: it say- my money has be refunded to the amount from eCost...? What company. I will never do any sort of busniess with them. I am soo pissed, they never wrote to me, and never said we are sorry, or anything...Well thanks you bunch of worthless idiots, have a nice day, and I will spread the word, PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM eCOST-----