eBay Shopping Genie / scam

TX, United States Review updated:
3.15
Be careful of this company, they make promises of making thousands by giving away free software, they also claim that it was designed by a ebay software developer, and it is ebay certified.

IT IS NONE OF THE ABOVE!!

They will rip you off for $199 and $30 a month for a "license" to give away free software called shopping genie.

I was ripped off for $197 and $30 a month until I discovered that the software they refer to as shopping genie was actually something YOU CAN GET FOR FREE at ebay, called "ebay to go"
they are charging $197 for this!!

Dont fall for this scam!
Da

Comments

Va
  9th of Jan, 2007

eBay - Evil eBay scammer!

Evil eBay scammer. They did not respond to repeated emails or calls a month after they recieved payment.

Since it was a small purchase, eBay wouldn't do anything to help in the dispute process.

Had to file a report with the US Postal Inspection Service in order to get any results.

Things I've learned from dealing with this eBay scammer: Look up their home number on 411.com. File a report online with the Postal Inspectors. Forward abusive emails to eBay.
Va
  16th of Feb, 2007

Ebay & Match.com - If this is America, I am ashamed to call myself one

I am a finally back in the US after a few years as CEO for a major global 1000 company based in Moscow, Russia.

I recently returned to start my own business. My complaints, range a bit as you'll see:

1) eBay has been sending me an invoice for a service purchased on there web-site. I've never been a part of eBay, nor, subscribed to there service or anyone affiliated with them. You do NOT do business online from Russia, even personal. I've got no wife, no eBay history...must be my dog!

I am warned this is beyond the 30 day limit??? So, I called.

Upon calling the 1-800 number to complain, I was connected to a call center in VA - after complaining, I was hung up on by the call center rep. eBay really has no idea what/who they are gettig involved with.

2) I recently joined match.com just to get to know some new people in the city, OK and maybe that special someone.

If you go to the "My Account" tab (if you are a member), you will most likely (though you think it is your account info), be guided to Dr. Phil for a subscription to a magazine, and guess what I learned...the web-site debits your account no matter what, no matter who or why for Phil's publication. How many people have been cheated out of money here...I only learned about because, ironically, I bank online.

If my bank would not have notified me that this "automatic" charge for some magazine (which I don't know of or care of) was being charged to my card, I'd of stopped it. Dr. Phil - be ashamed and reevaluate your relationship with Match.com. BTW, Phil...match.com will not give me the money bach for that, nor the subscription. And you help so many people feel better about themselves...

I've only been back in the states for 6 weeks. Many things have changed...many the same. Unfortunately the above is in the gutter for me. And, if this is America, I am ashamed to call myself one.
Wi
  7th of May, 2007

eBay - Sell items that don't work

This is an ebay store. I purchased an item through auction, a vintage clock, that did not work. I dealt with Ron Kiker, Phenix city, AL

Mr. Kiker was very reasonable in suggesting that I return the clock for a full refund. The clock was returned, and Mr. Kiker said he would issue a refund. The refund was never received, despite repeated attempts to resolve this with Mr. Kiker. Complaints were filed with ebay and Paypal, but as it was in the complaint process, the dispute "expired"--apparently I was too patient with Mr. Kiker. In any case, Visa ultimately issued the refund, but I felt it was important for people to know that Mr. Kiker, and Findero's on ebay, were completely unresponsive to my requests for the refund.

www.stores.ebay.com/Finderos aka Findero's location Phenix City, AL
Pe
  9th of Jul, 2007

Google, Ebay, Grant Master - Unauthorized ordering of products!

Someone out there is ordering Grant Master, Easy Google Profit, and E-Bay Auction Monster, using my name, address, and phone number. I'm receiving notification of my order thru an old e-mail address and by phone. Of course they refuse to give me the entire credit card number, only the last 4 digits. I don't have a credit card with those digits... that I know of, unless the idiot doing this also obtained a credit card in my name. Feds have been contacted. Anyone else experience this?
Th
  14th of Jul, 2007

eBay - They just wont help me

I bid on an item,my daughter bid on two shirts without telling me,well we won. I know its my fault for not checking my ebay. But i tried to make it right. Ive been on live chat about 8-9 times, contacted customer support numerous times, sent emails to trust and safety dept many, many times, then they tell me i have to contact the sellers myself, so i do, 3 times each. I told them i didn't want the product just wanted to pay for them,i think all 3 totaled about 25.00. The third time nothing from one of them, the other was very rude, and the third told me that he found someone.

Who wanted to pay and if i contacted him again i would have to deal with him and his attorneys. Wrote back to ebay about being threatened and they did nothing. I just wanted to pay them and lift the block so i could continue to use my ebay, nothing.

I tried to cancel my ebay account, i cant even do that until i resolve the issue with the sellers, well the sellers wont deal with me. I think ebay should have some rules for the sellers and at least help the bidders with their problems. I am not a criminal i made a mistake.
Ap
  19th of Jul, 2007
Same thing just happened to me. I can't see any charges on my credit cards yet, but they have my first name & email address.
Ry
  25th of Jul, 2007
First of all I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to Ms. Foote for any inconvenience she may be experiencing in regards to this matter. We take reports of fraudulent activity very seriously and are investigating this claim in order to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I have verified that the two accounts with our company, Grant Master and Easy Google Profit, have been canceled.

Ms. Foote, if I can be of further assistance, or if you are another customer experiencing any issues that you'd like to discuss further, please contact me directly on my cell phone at 435-773-1795 or via email at ryanr@wskc.org and I will be happy to address your concerns immediately.

If you simply would like to contact our customer service department for assistance that number is 866-396-5718.

Sincerely,

Ryan R.
  29th of Aug, 2007 Agree Disagree 0 Votes

eBay - Cut off the selling on Ebay

Ebay should prohibit the selling of gift cards regardless of how they are obtained. I work at a retail company and know that when customers return items without a receipt they get a store credit. But with our company, we use plastic cards that don't say store credit but they say gift card. We have dishonest customers who steal for a living just to return items and get store credit to sell on Ebay. I know that its probably a long shot just to get Ebay to understand this, but I thought I would try. Its hard enough having to return this merchandise and face these customers knowing full well what they are doing but not being able to do anything about it. It might help, maybe just a little, to cut off the selling on Ebay.
As
  4th of Sep, 2007

Ebay Lottery - True or false?
United Kingdom

Is it true or false?

Mr. Paul Morrison
#195 Edward Road, London W2 1EY United Kingdom.
TEL: (+44) 709 465 9016
ebayclaim@mail2Consultant.com

Dear Ashish Pathak,

I want to Congratulate you once again on your recent winning of £500,000.00 British Pounds(GBP). This lottery is aimed at promoting ebay marketing and the use of internet across the world.

Your details has been received and your winning Records is in our database as a winner. It is pertinent to inform you that Your winning certificate and the exact amount you won has been deposited in Bedford Country Bank Plc here in London.

it is HIGHLY important that you write a formal letter to the bank applying for the transfser of your £500,000.00 British Pounds(GBP) deposit by eBay Award Teams.

Contact the Bank immediately, Please provide them with the below Bank Telegraphic Transfer details. As soon as the transfer has been approved, the bank will directly contact you with a notification letter.

I advices you call the bank (Bedford Country Bank Plc) for quick proceesing of your winning
transfer.

Note: Alway keep me updated in case.

Regards
Mr. Paul Morrison
TEL: (+44) 709 465 9016
  1st of Nov, 2007

E-bay - Don't bid unless ur sure!
India

I have bid for 3 items in e-bay from the Company RCM Macromegamart. on 29th i have received mail that i have won 2 products and go for the payment. I had paid the amount through my credit card using e-bay paisa pay. There was also confirmation from their end. On 30th Oct07 i got a mail from ebay security dept that the company's transaction is canceled and you contact the vendor or your credit card dept for refund. Now I'm in puzzle what to do next. In one day complete product range was vanished from the site. But the vendor was transaction for last few month in e-bay. :(
Sh
  13th of Dec, 2007

eBay - Ebay purchase paid for but never received!
Ebay
14410 Kuehster Road
Littleton
Colorado
Phone: 303.697.9144

In August I bid on Ebay and won Dr. Quinn DVD's for $193.50. I sent a personal check for this amount to ApropoAuctions, LLC, 7486 La Jolla Blvd., Ste 289, La Jolla, Ca. 92037. It is now Decmeber 13, 2007 and many email conversations later with Eric Poelman (a deceased service man) I have not received this item nor a promised refund. I have copies of all our correspondence so far. In researching this company and Eric Poelman I discover I am a victim of a crime.
  12th of Mar, 2008

eBay - Fraud, allow others to use my account
Ebay
www.ebay.com

I received a notice telling my that my account had been suspended because I did not comply with their company ethics. I was given an email address to where I could communicate. I wrote to them and asked them why.

I have NEVER purchased OR sold ANYTHING on ebay.

Ebay responded back and said that I could re-instate my account if I sent them a copy of my credit card statement, my bank account statement, my drivers license and a few more things.

I was SHOCKED!! In a world where identity is being stolen every single day, why in the world does this online company need all of this very private information from me just so I can look at what people have put out there for sale?

This is ONE COMPANY I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH!!!

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THEY UP TO??? I'm VERY afraid!!
Su
  3rd of Apr, 2008
You probably got a spoof e-mail. The real e-bay would NEVER ask for that information and would not have contacted you if you never bought or sold anything on e-bay. I have been an active ebayer since 2004 both buying and selling and have received MANY spoof e-mails and real e-mails from ebay. Please take the time to go on their site and read their recommendations for avoiding such spoofs, but don't down the site for spoofs!
Pa
  30th of Apr, 2008

eBay - EBay protects bad sellers!

Horror story about a seller trying to blackmail me for positive feedback.

Auction-genie-inc is the mother of all EBay a**es. I bought 4 items from him. He knew he had provided me with a lousy service and that EBay was about to change the rules (seller will no longer be able to leave negs.) So, fearing that I would leave negatives and he would no longer be able to retaliate, he blackmailed me: either you leave 4 positives or I'll leave 4 negatives before they change the rules and then you'll be forced to go to mutual feedback removal. I'm not going to do that, I won't be blackmailed by this guy, but I'll spread this story as fast as I can. Obviously I have already reported him to EBay (the idiot blackmailed me using the EBay system) but I really don't expect them to do anything about it. Nobody should buy anything from auction-genie-inc of Little Falls NJ and no one should trust them to sell stuff on EBay. I'm going even further, no one should buy anything from EBay, period. I'm done with them, this is the last straw.

As I understand, I'm not the only buyer who had to suffer this.

And yes, I'm in favor of the new system. I hope it'll put sellers like Auction-genie-inc out of business.
Br
  30th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You obviously need to do your homework a little better. I am in no way affiliated with this company but know people who are, and I've seen the software work. They are not charging for the software; they are charging affiliates for the right to hand out an unlimited amount of the software. If someone just wants to download and install the software, they pay nothing. The bottom line is, how is the company to stay in business if they spent millions of dollars developing an application and simply giving it away?

Oh, by the way, Ebay to Go is nothing like the Shopping Genie. Shopping Genie is an Ebay-certified application, and has access to search the Ebay database. If this were a scam, you know as well as I do, that Ebay would not allow this. They have too much to lose.

So before you start calling something or someone a scam, you should really check your facts first; because if you're wrong, you can never restore their reputation.
Un
  30th of May, 2008

E-bay - subscriptions4less...rip-off !
Phone: 281 362 8709

I ordered 2 magazine subscriptions on ...e-bay ...from... subscriptions4less..$50.00 worth..
The e-mail I sent was returned...non deliverable! If you have to wait 60-90 days for your merchandise you... Can't even leave feedback...I got ..RIPPED-OFF !
... OH AND BUY THE WAY E-BAY DOESNT CARE ! ...NEW RULES STATE YOU CAN'T LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK...WHAT A CROCK !

IF YOUR MOM TOLD YOU ...IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BELIEVE...ITS PROBABLY TRUE !!!
...DONT BE A SUCKER !...
  1st of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It is not a scam. You buy a license to a piece of software just like you would Microsoft, except unlike Microsoft, ebay wants you to give it way to everyone you can for free. It is a useful tool. I use ebay all the time, it was slow and a pain to find what you wanted but the big killer was that the bid time was not listed in real time. It is with the widget, that is worth using it right there and it is not intrusive on your desktop. You think it is a scam, don't use it. Where is a scam that is free. I have been paid $884 in 12 days. Where is the scam. I just want people to use the software, I could care less if they buy the software. Using the widget cost you absolutely nothing. Wonder why ebay does not mind, well it is driving about 14% new business to the site, There!!! The genuis of the concept people is that ebay has postioned themselves with major search engines, saying, just look here befrore you buy. That is good for the consumer, that is free market capitalism.
An
  19th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The My Shopping Genie is not a scam- Shame on you for running your mouth like you actually know what you are talking about. You are simply an idiot that needs attention. You also could use an education... Please visit www.MyShoppingGenieInfo.com to learn about The My Shopping Genie business opportunity...
Mo
  19th of Jul, 2008

E-bay - DOUBBLING FEE CHARGES
E-BAY
Portland
Oregon
Phone: no way
E-Bay.com

I got off to a terrible start with e-bay first I did what most people do set up an account only not pay pal but where E-Bay could just help themselves to a fee.
Everyone is required to do this right to use the site.
Any way I advertised and they took my $2.50
and the next week and so on for about 10 weeks and no sales so I closed my bank account and closed my
E-Bay account. I specifically told them when they billed me again I'd be paying with cash and thats when they decided they would bill me again (glitch in pay -pal software) causes it to maximize e-bays bill no matter what you do. normally they would have your money no matter what the amount you are unlikely to ever get it back or spend more trying to get your money back. This caused E-bay to be sued once before and when I found out this was the case it gave me resolve to fight e-bay over $2, 50
and then they decided to add a another fee. They claimed on the second unauthorized charge that they tried to automatic bill pay out of my bank account and the bank charges a fee for that, E-bay then gets billed and bills you. I argued with customer service and then they said I owed $25.00
not $2.50 I paid cash once but never got credited for that I paid a second time cash again no credit to the account This is all to do with pay pal software and they know it. Time for another class action lawsuit E-Bay is the single biggest scam out there it bills twice and thinks it's got a right to charge fees directly out of you account even when you have specfically phohibited it. When you threaten to file a FTC complaint they will slip a zero in you amount due an threaten you credit. Someone needs to replace some code in pay pal software I don't care if it's their engineers or not.
El
  29th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
This e bay shopping genie is pretty cool and you can make a few bucks by helping e bay drive new users to the site and off of purchases - I have seen better mlm company ideas before - really - but the software is cool. i would not sign up for the get rich part of it as i figure 300 bucks invested today will be worth more than what these people think they will make but that is the case with 85% of these mlm deals - but of course some are making a LOT of money right? I mean one guy is making more than bill gates ...ha ha ha...anyway - they are not scam artists but hopeful people and not too high pressure.

eBay Logo eBay