Easylife Furniture / poor product; poor follow-up

1 11159 183rd St.Cerritos, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 562-467-0511

We purchased furniture in August of last year. Several months later we noticed a tear that starts at the seam. I went to the Cerritos store directly in May, a few weeks before Memorial Day, and I spoke to someone who told me that a representative would have to come to our house to inspect the sofa. A few days later someone from the Cerritos store called to make an appointment, but I was not home to take the call. They were given my cell phone number so that they could better reach me, but I never received a call. I called the Cerritos store on July 29th and was told to contact customer service at [protected]; I left a message and nobody returned my call. I called the Cerritos store on July 31st and a message was taken on my behalf; he never returned my call. I called again on August 7th and an appointment was scheduled for August 11th between 2 and 6pm. There was no call and no show on August 11th. I called the store again on August 12th and was told that she was going to make some calls and that she would call me back. Again, no call. I called the store, AGAIN, on August 13th and spoke to someone who said that she had to make some phone calls to schedule another appointment. She called me and told me that I was going to be speaking to and working with someone directly to schedule an appointment. An appointment was scheduled for August 18th. She did come to look at the sofa and a statement was made and signed; we have yet to hear from anyone from Easylife.

I was disappointed with the individual who came to inspect the sofa. I expected someone in uniform and driving a company vehicle. Instead, she came in civilian attire and vehicle-VERY unprofessional! It is also quite clear that efforts to resolve this situation is very poor on the behalf of Easylife. All of the individuals I spoke to have been pleasant, but the follow-up has been extremely poor.

Comments

• Lt
      2nd of Oct, 2008

IF I WERE YOU, I WILL FILE A DISPUTE ON THE CHARGE.

• Br
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Why should I even post a complaint, I mind as well copy and paste your complaint I had the same problem.

• Ro
      18th of Feb, 2009

Wow...I had a completely opposite experience, thankfully. An Easylife rep went out of their way to call me after my purchase and make sure I had a delivery date scheduled that would work for me. I was pretty surprised to get their call- told them I had already set up a time and day and thanked them.

• Ju
      14th of Sep, 2009

I purchased the Monte Carlo Sectional (my customer number is 8187443652) on 5/15/09. My Sectional was delivered on 6/13/09. In the process of getting the sofa part of the sectional inside my apartment the back side of the sofa was damaged. The Customer Service person was very apologetic and scheduled another delivery date (7/10/09) to exchange the sofa. I was very happy with my purchase, until I started to notice that when I sat on the sofa, the cushions were sinking more than the Chase part of it. The material on the cushions has become very saggy; I can pick up excess material with my hands. I've had the exchange for only two months. The inside cushions nor the material shouldn't be looking nor feeling this worned out. I don't have any small children, I live alone!!! The cushions are sinking and I feel like I sink all the way down when I sit on them!!! I find this very disturbing, since the cushion on the chase side feels very firm and the material feels nice and smooth. The Chase looks new, and the Sofa looks like I had it over a year!!! Please give me a response to this problem.

Thank you for your attention.

• 24
      24th of Aug, 2010

Oh Please, "I expected a person in uniform and in a company Car!?? "
    What do you think your living in the 1950's!???