Earthlink / NEVER EVER AGAIN

1 United States

Earthlink seemed like a good company at first. I used them for wireless services, in conjunction with cable internet from Time Warner. As mentioned on this site, there phone service was terrible. Working out a minor issue would take at least an hour. I was assured I could keep paying for the wireless after ending my cable service, in order to avoid the $100 fee for canceling before a year. But when I closed my account at Time Warner, I was immediately charged the $100 (no warning). It took 2 hrs. to reverse this, and I could not simply tell them to cancel my account at the end of the year. I was told I had to call back after the contract terminated. But of course, when I called back and inevitably spent another hour on the phone, I found I was charged for the month after my 1-year termination date, and I could only get half of the charge back. WTF! To top it off, I cannot for the life of me get their software off of my laptop, so whenever I enter a URL that doesn't exist, Earthlink's page pops up, with embedded advertisements. Earthlink, tell me how this is not a parasitic ploy to make ad revenue. You are honestly a crooked company.