Duracell / duracell ballery leakage

1 India Review updated:

I have purchased Duracell batteries in a 6 AA size batteries pack. The price of these batteries is more than 3 times as compared to normal batteries. But i bought these batteries for my digital camera thinking that it will last long. But hardly after 25-30 shots first 2 batteries got exhausted. Second 2 batteries exhausted even before 25 shots. I inserted the last 2 batteries, and shot 2-3 photographs and kept the camera at home. After 15-17 days when i tried to click photo, camera was not operating. When i checked, i found that one of the batteries have got leaked.

I have never expected this kind of problem in Duracell at least. Very bad quality batteries i got for a very costly price.

If somebody has any information on how to approach the company, pls guide.

Regards,
Vikas Gupta

• T S Sunnar's Response, Sep 17, 2018

Batteries are awful
    In a large pack of batteries
    All lasted a matter of days
    And a few didnt work at all

Comments

• Di
      26th of Jan, 2009

They used to be very good batteries. For the last year however the batteries have leaked, and ruined several pieces of expensive equipment.
    Most of the bad ones have a date of 2012 to 2013. I don't know what they have changed but, I can no longer recommend or buy them anymore. Maybe for a flashlight you don't care about anymore.
    I've been a Duracell fan for 20 years because of quality. This last year after 5 destroyed pieces of equipment, with batteries that were only a couple of months old. I may as well switch to another brand. Even the ones from the dollar store, don't mess up that bad!

26th of Jan, 2009

Not crazy about all the registration, To much information I have to give to register a complaint.

26th of Jan, 2009

OH ! that's the way this board works.
    Good board.
    Confusing, It keeps coming up, like I posted wrong... Oh well it's out there anyway.
    KUTGW

• Ss
      21st of Jan, 2010

jus what has happpened to the duracell batteries. they used to be so gud..now they hardly last 5 to 10 shot in my digital camera?????someone help!!

• Ca
      14th of Oct, 2010

I have 20 of the Duracell Rechargeable batteries and all of them are no good! The batteries only hold a charge in my wireless mouse for less than (1) hour. Also one of my chargers no longer works. In total I have over $100.00 in products that are of no use what so ever. Needless to say I have reverted back to useing regular batteries. I would never recomend Duracells rechargeable products to anyone!

• Am
      24th of Nov, 2010

I had purchased 4 No of AAA Duracell batteries last month and i was using them into computer keyboard. today my keyboard was not working and when i removed batteries one of from 2 was leakage from bottom and now from leakage my keyboard is damaged and not working, this happned 2 times to me...it is batter to use indian brand than this expensive one...

• Al
      24th of Feb, 2011

durcell almost ruined my flashlight that had forever iwill never buy them again

• Ad
      12th of Mar, 2013

main bilkul aapse sahmat hoon duracell aaa se mera costly torch bhi bekaar ho gaya--company ko complaint karne ka bhi koi fayda nahi hua.--shekhar banerji, advocate, allahabad-mob-09415-800146---bumba1967@gmail.com

• Do
      27th of Dec, 2016

I also have leakage from DURACELL batteries, One is in an UN-opened rezor GILETTE, VERY EXPENSIVE, and in my Mini-Max flashlight. BOTH LEAKED BADLY, Also in my Freon detector, which ruined the battery contacts, These batteries are VERY OVER-PRICED for what they are.
    The dates on the batteries in question, are still in the future, I guess they figure as to how many they sell, that they do NOT care if some of them,
    or ALL of them LEAK.!

• Le
      27th of Jun, 2017

they used to be very good battery but I had them ruin 4 d cell flashlight as well a smoke alarm 2 battery clock 1 radio and my alarm sensor
    I even send some of the item back to Duracell and NEVER HEAR BACK from them
    I look on a new box and the address is not on the box any more so I can not send back a box or bad battery
    I do not buy Duracell any more

• Ti
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Procter & Gamble Company - Plastic in my tabacco when i opened it up
    Shelby
    Alabama

I opened my bag of tabaccco and my fiance found a piece of plastic in the bag . I would like to talk to some one about it . if I would have rolled a cigg and not realized it was in the it would have caused me to have problems and I would have been happy at all

• Te
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Duracell - Duracell batteries leaking in unopened pkg.
    San Bernardino
    California

Unable to contact Duracell regarding unopened pkg of 24aaa batteries leaking while under guarantee

• Am
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Procter & Gamble (Duracell, Pampers, Lenor) - Bounty paper towels (Star Wars)
    Mesa
    Arizona

These towels, when wet, smell like wet dog. I thought it was just a bad roll. When I tried the rest of the pack, it was the same thing, stinky dog smell. I can't dry my hands or anything other with these. What a waste of money on what I thought were good towels.

• Ro
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Proctor And Gamble - Support of the NFL

Drop the advertisements that support the NFL. Players and teams that disrespect America, our flag, our national anthem and our military do not deserve our support. I am actively encouraging my friends and family not to buy products that support the NFL.

• Ts
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Duracell - AA and AAA batteries
    Lincoln, England, Lincolnshire
    United Kingdom

Bought Duracell batteries from costco
    AA and AAA
    The batteries go dead after a few days
    Before they use to last for months
    So not buy Duracell there are now made in china and are CRAP
    Or maybe Costco are buying seconds

• Ex
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Procter & Gamble (Duracell, Pampers, Lenor) - Duracell Recharge Ultra
    johannesburg
    South Africa

Purchased Duracell Recharge Ultra Battery's because the package states they are Pre-Charged. Upon opening the package I found the Battery's were fully DISCHARGED. How fresh is this stock. How long will these battery's last? Package says 5 years guaranteed but from when?
    Package Barcode = 5000394203822

• Oj
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Proctor And Gamble - general complaint

murder all employees of proctor and gamble

• Ty
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Proctor And Gamble - general complaint

its terrible, particularly safeguards customer service. Shut it down and imprison them