Duracell / duracell ballery leakage

India Review updated:
4.05
I have purchased Duracell batteries in a 6 AA size batteries pack. The price of these batteries is more than 3 times as compared to normal batteries. But i bought these batteries for my digital camera thinking that it will last long. But hardly after 25-30 shots first 2 batteries got exhausted. Second 2 batteries exhausted even before 25 shots. I inserted the last 2 batteries, and shot 2-3 photographs and kept the camera at home. After 15-17 days when i tried to click photo, camera was not operating. When i checked, i found that one of the batteries have got leaked.

I have never expected this kind of problem in Duracell at least. Very bad quality batteries i got for a very costly price.

If somebody has any information on how to approach the company, pls guide.

Regards,
Vikas Gupta

Comments

26th of Jan, 2009
They used to be very good batteries. For the last year however the batteries have leaked, and ruined several pieces of expensive equipment.
Most of the bad ones have a date of 2012 to 2013. I don't know what they have changed but, I can no longer recommend or buy them anymore. Maybe for a flashlight you don't care about anymore.
I've been a Duracell fan for 20 years because of quality. This last year after 5 destroyed pieces of equipment, with batteries that were only a couple of months old. I may as well switch to another brand. Even the ones from the dollar store, don't mess up that bad!
  26th of Jan, 2009
Not crazy about all the registration, To much information I have to give to register a complaint.
  26th of Jan, 2009
OH ! that's the way this board works.
Good board.
Confusing, It keeps coming up, like I posted wrong... Oh well it's out there anyway.
KUTGW
Ss
  21st of Jan, 2010
jus what has happpened to the duracell batteries. they used to be so gud..now they hardly last 5 to 10 shot in my digital camera?????someone help!!
Ca
  14th of Oct, 2010
I have 20 of the Duracell Rechargeable batteries and all of them are no good! The batteries only hold a charge in my wireless mouse for less than (1) hour. Also one of my chargers no longer works. In total I have over $100.00 in products that are of no use what so ever. Needless to say I have reverted back to useing regular batteries. I would never recomend Duracells rechargeable products to anyone!
Am
  24th of Nov, 2010
I had purchased 4 No of AAA Duracell batteries last month and i was using them into computer keyboard. today my keyboard was not working and when i removed batteries one of from 2 was leakage from bottom and now from leakage my keyboard is damaged and not working, this happned 2 times to me...it is batter to use indian brand than this expensive one...
Al
  24th of Feb, 2011
durcell almost ruined my flashlight that had forever iwill never buy them again
Ad
  12th of Mar, 2013
main bilkul aapse sahmat hoon duracell aaa se mera costly torch bhi bekaar ho gaya--company ko complaint karne ka bhi koi fayda nahi hua.--shekhar banerji, advocate, allahabad-mob-09415-800146---bumba1967@gmail.com
Do
  27th of Dec, 2016
I also have leakage from DURACELL batteries, One is in an UN-opened rezor GILETTE, VERY EXPENSIVE, and in my Mini-Max flashlight. BOTH LEAKED BADLY, Also in my Freon detector, which ruined the battery contacts, These batteries are VERY OVER-PRICED for what they are.
The dates on the batteries in question, are still in the future, I guess they figure as to how many they sell, that they do NOT care if some of them,
or ALL of them LEAK.!
Le
  27th of Jun, 2017
they used to be very good battery but I had them ruin 4 d cell flashlight as well a smoke alarm 2 battery clock 1 radio and my alarm sensor
I even send some of the item back to Duracell and NEVER HEAR BACK from them
I look on a new box and the address is not on the box any more so I can not send back a box or bad battery
I do not buy Duracell any more

Procter & Gamble (Duracell, Pampers, Lenor) Logo Procter & Gamble (Duracell, Pampers, Lenor)
Overall Satisfaction Rating