Dunkin Donuts / terrible treatment of employees

My granddaughter took a job at the Dunkin Donuts located on Manchester Street in Concord, NH. The manager should not be in the position she is in. She yells at her workers constantly. She doesn't care how many people are in the shop, you can hear her yelling and then the worker has to come out to work knowing that everything was just heard by all customers. She has no consideration for anyone.

My granddaughter had to call in on Monday because the alternator in my car died. The manager told my granddaughter that if she didn't come in, she was fired. Needless to say, she no longer has a job. I am writing in hopes that this matter is looked into so no one else will have to suffer the wrath of this manager.

Thank you.

Comments

• St
      30th of Jan, 2009

d and d on cowesett in west warwick the women who waited on me her name was jeanie in drive thru was drunk and almost spilt my hot coffee on me she was sluring i was going to complain but her manager alice told me their was nothing she could do i was on my way to work and did not have time to argue with these people i go there every morning and will now go to honey dew it is out of my way but i refuse to be waited on by a drunk they need to ship up or do something about it

• Do
      26th of Sep, 2009

They do seem to have a trend for terminating employees for an unfair reason. I was an assistant manager for a small store in a hospital. I had worked an illegal shift. 10am-1am without a break and then had to come back the next morning at 4:30am till noon. The next day I had off. I came in the day after my day off and the district manager came in and terminated me for cashing in tips. But here is the real cliffhanger... The store manager hadn't done a coin order for 3 days so I had no coin in my drawer. So I got fired for making sure the drawer had correct change in it. Hmmmmm. So now they are trying to make it so I cannot collect Unemployment insurance either. I have to take them to court for unfairly terminating me. It is a really crooked shady company to work for and the only reason I took the job in the first place is I could schedule it around my partner's chemo appointments. I should have never applied to work there. They overwork you and underpay you and if you are a manager they take tips away from you which eliminates any reason for wanting to work there in the first place.

• Dj
      11th of Jan, 2010

After Don Pablo's closed down in Mishwaka, IN. I got a job at Dunkin Donuts in Valparaiso, IN.
    I was only working there for one week. They [censor]ed at me for every little thing.
    My second week working there after having 2 days off I had just clocked into work.
    And they fired me bcz they tell me I was violating "No Call/ No Show Policy" during my
    probation period. And the manager wrote down my schedule and he didn't tell me anything about my schedule being changed. They obviously didn't like me at Dunkin Donuts.
    I hope Dunkin Donuts closes down everywhere in the world. They don't deserve to be in business
    if they are going to treat their employees like this.

• Tn
      28th of Dec, 2016

@D.J. Weinkauf How do i place a complaint against them? I was fired and have not recieved a separation notice as to why. Please help

23rd of Apr, 2018

@tnieves706 I was fired with not being told a reason on why. I complained about a shift leader screaming at me, using profanity at me and treating me like a door mat. She also kept touching donuts with no gloves. Then she proceeded to touch the glaze in the glaze machine with bare hands.

• Un
      2nd of Apr, 2010

Dunkin Donuts in Milford Mass 01757,
    talk about treating the emplyees like they are crap. these Franchise owners Sardinhas - they put people in positions as managers that have no experience. they date the owners sons so that makes them qualified to be a manager. You should send them school to learn 101 human resources and employees private information is supposed to stay private. these managers should be held accountable for there actions the public knows of the internal personal being fired before the person does.

80% of the employees are school kids and they are treated like the are ### I know I have witness it as a customer.

the manager at the main st DD the one with drive thru should be repremanded for her actions she yelling at these kids in front of the customers talk about being humiulated. I used to lover going in there on Saturday morning and Sunday's for coffee and breakfast but ever since this women Brittany took over you can defiently cut the tention with a knife and not to mention that alot of the kids have quit due to they way they are treated.

20th of Apr, 2010

You know what you gotta do to get rid of the ppl now a days, You not only have to record them on camera and see the treatment of employees and customers and then show it to a news company to investigate them. That tends to help, in my case I need to get one, if not I would seriously record her when she is doing the harrasing and the threats.

17th of May, 2010

Well i been working at dunkin donuts for 4 months going on 5 and my boss and manger has been acting funny to me. On my job resume i put down for cashier or crew member.first they had me wraping bagels and making breakfeast sandwiches and then all of a sudden i dont want to sound racial but ever since they started hiring there own kind of people they lowered my hours for the job they treat each other well with respect but if ur not there kind out the window u go.I went from 30 hours a week to 6 hours a week they make me feel unwanted at my job they always talk a different language when there talking looking at me scrub this scrub that i work for 21 dollars a day and only get 2 days of work out the week .if something can be done about this can some one help me or give me advice i need to work i got two kids and cant even keep the dam phone bill on this is killing me really

17th of May, 2010

thanks

18th of May, 2010

sigh...@Irish, can you please stop. I know a lot of ppl who go through that situation, to the point, and this is for JohnStubbs, if you get TERMINATED from dd, guess what!? your not getting unemployment!!! because once you are terminated from them, NOT fired, they delete you off their system and cause you NOT to get unemployment because unemployment will state that you never worked for them, EVEN if you have paystubs from the [censor], unemployment can't help you after that, just like they did to a former employee I know and still talk to who got TERMINATED. He has two children to provide for and he couldn't get unemployment. I told him to get a lawyer that handles those cases and NOT one has even bother to get in touch with him. Now he has nothing to provide for both his kids and his wife.

Ppl who work their [censor] off get less hours in DD when they are getting paid more. THEY DO NOT WANT TO GIVE PPL OVER THE WAGE PAY. And that is a KNOWN FACT. They lessen your hours cuz you get paid more by the hour. The longer you stay there, the more they have to pay, so to keep paying less out of their accounts, they prefer to give you less hours.

But hey, if you call DD hotline and save up or get a loan of 150K (lol) plus 200 dollars for the water installations, you can own your own DD and put them out of business haha

• 0 Votes

Notice Irish, this is the grandmother writing not the grandaughter.
    Brenda, vote counts don't mean a thing. Basically if someone who is a regular on tis site agrees with a poster they give a positive vote, if someone disagrees or dislikes the person they give a negative vote.
    Post counts don't count either, sure Irish has over 1000 posts, but it is quality verses quantity.

19th of May, 2010

I place Irish as to what warcraft players like to call "the forum troll" lol, just gonna keep trolling these post just make some counts lol. Oh well, all in all there are cases where the "JUST BECAUSE" turns up.

"I fired him/her just because I didnt like them" or "I terminated the person Just because they spoke back to me after I yelled at them"...etc

• +2 Votes

I gave my self the negative, just to show how some people on here really look into the votes. It was not Brenda, nor Irish.

20th of May, 2010

@qpdahl its a online MMORPG, its a lot better than dungeons and dragons lol. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ look it up haha, I be doing recruit a friend all the time and my friends love it.

votes? why vote? is there really a point to it? lol

21st of May, 2010

Is Irish even old enough to work? Much less old enough to understand employee obligations. That will come with life experience, Irish. One day you'll douche-down and grow up! I know, it's hard to think about because it's so far away for you.

21st of May, 2010

So is that a "no" to my original question?

21st of May, 2010

I'm sure your grandparents are ashamed of you as well, especially if they saw your persona here. If you have ever worked a day in your life on payroll you'd know that people will fire you over anything.

22nd of May, 2010

It was at that moment that Brenda counted her lucky toes and went on with life content she had no shoes.

• Gh
      18th of Jul, 2011

I bet they were Indians ..did you know that DD only hires Indians? ###ing ###ed Indians who speak no English?! Wanted to work but they put me in training for 15 days and I was not paid?! I quit there cause they never wanted to hire me...### DD. By the way, I had learnt everything in four days!

• Ke
      15th of Sep, 2015

The Dunkin Donuts located at 1200 hyde park ave is a Disturbing!! The managers scream at the employees and the customers in the very open! There is a woman that"s been there forever she will demand a tip and embarrass you & god for bid if you don't have one.. I avoid this store & readville no customer service or decent treatment for their employees!!!

• Ji
      21st of Oct, 2016

Dunkin donuts in raytown is terrible. We've had 3 manager changes who don't know a damn thing on how to run anything. Our new manager is a "close friend" of the district boss and that's the only reason she's been hired.

2 people quit as soon as new manager took over. 3 are about to just give up. They mistreat employees..employees who have been working there for week get raises, but for those who have been there longer don't get squat. Constant yelling and if you're a high school student they don't care, cut hours, no one else clean, and next shift forced to clean EVERYTHING. The manager, shift lead or boss don't reply for any kind of call for help.

They verbally abuse and makes you feel like [censored]. The store is always filthy. It has failed health inspection. Perverted boss, he's married and has his mistresses would come by and demand food and not pay.

After being yelled at..some kind customers would try to help and makes us feel human again. They shouldn't be in business . That perverted boss thinks he's untouchable. There have been so many close calls and they said we're insured? No one gave us any info on that.

There still so many complaints. (Some would park in the parking lot to have sex or drug deals) Dunkin boss would just bats an eye or ignore. I used to love going to Dunkin, but now it's crap. No matter how many complaints there are, voices their reason.. no one can do anything.

• Ga
      28th of Oct, 2016

I work at dunkin its sucks i been there 17 years we can't eat or drink unless we take a break when i try to take a break they tell me no were to busy buy the time we are not busy its time for me to go home its bull crap patricia

• Ge
      17th of Jan, 2017

@Gayton Dunkin Donuts is a bad place to work.