Dunkin Donuts / decline in donut quality complaint!

This is the second week in a row that we've noticed a decline in product quality at Dunkin Donuts (Annapolis Maryland). The donuts appear smaller, greasier, less appetizing, less appealing colors, less wholesome and do not taste the same as they did just a couple of months ago. The chocolate tastes off. The blueberry tastes like something one would get out of a freezer box and cook in a microwave. The glazed is the saddest. It's hardly risen, and the coating is almost non-existent. I used the last of my Christmas coupon books to buy this dozen. We never used to have left-over donuts. But, I'll bet that about half of this dozen will be thrown away or half-eaten... just like the dozen we bought last week. I've very disappointed. No more Dunkin Donuts for me. That's probably a good thing though. They're probably the worst thing we could be eating in the morning.

• James McKinnon's Response, May 04, 2018

Çoffee was cold. The manager would not replaces it. He was mean. Then poured coffee on me.

Va

Comments

18th of Aug, 2006

Dunkin Donuts located in 342 Broadway, MA 01841.
    I was employed from Oct 2005 to Feb 2006. My wages were manupilated by the manager, Selene Diaz and was harassed, mentally , physically because of my race and sexual orientation throughout my employment. I made a complaint to the Dept of Labor which resulted in partial backpayment of my wages. After I filed a discrimination complaint with EEOC I was terminated. The case is still pending with EEOC and Lawrence court for wages.

13th of Jun, 2007

I am currently employed by a Dunkin Donuts located at 315 Broad St. Providence, RI. I've worked for this same employer now since 1998. My reason for emailing you is it seems the owner just doesn't care about the store or the service he is providing anymore. I've witnessed various instances of food contamination and cross contamination. The women are no longer being trained about food safety or in customer service. All of this has been brought to the owners attention. His response is simply, "Who Cares?". The store needs to be inspected. A surprise inspection may get him to start paying attention to things again. In RI a store needs to meet certain food safety guide lines. This store is not.

• De
      24th of Aug, 2007

I was in the dunkin doughnuts in Tavares Fl and the manager was very rude. She followed me to my table and was yelling at me. Then she called the police and had me trespassed. The police laughed and said they were not filling out any paperwork but to stay away for a year. I will never eat there again!!!

• Ta
      17th of Oct, 2007
    Dunkin Donuts - Lewiston, Me - Unfair management

I work 4 a dunkin donuts in lewiston maine and my manager is really mean to us workers, she fires people for a reason we dont think is right and to top it off she comes to work smelling like the alcohol she had to drink the night before... we have tried talking to our general manager and he does the same threatens our jobs... if i myself didnt have a family to support i would have walked long ago... is there somebody we can have look into these matters without losing our jobs

• Gh
      7th of Nov, 2007

You need to call the Better Business Bureau and the Human Rights Division of your State. Trust me... you WILL get results!

• Ir
      13th of Nov, 2007
    Dunkin Donuts - wrong type of help

We went in to buy donut and cofee and did. Then I went to counter and tried to purchase 2 pls of coffee. I asked the women which was decafe and she said the one with the green lable. I took two flavor brands and bought them. I then sat down to drink my coffee and looked on the bag and the bag said coffee, not decafe. I went back to the women and said it didnt say decafe and she said it didnt come in flavors only regular coffee. i said i wanted my moneyback and she said my receipt was wrong as it said minus coffee. I had a dollor off coupon andI told her she had made a mistake and that I never left the store and just wanted flavor coffee but it had to be decafe. She said i couldnt have my money back so I took the coffee. I had no choice. She was an absolute ###. This type of service is awful. She was busy but the time she was arguing with me she could have satisfied me. My husband and I go every saturday for a cup of coffee and one or two donuts. But guess what we will not go back again. We will find something else to do on a saturday morning. We are retired. No more donuts.

• Al
      15th of Jan, 2008
    Dunkin Donuts - Poor customer service!
    Dunkin Donuts
    7448 Barrington rd
    Hanover Park
    Illinois
    Phone: 630-540-1740

I have never experienced such a horrible service and embarrassment. Her name is Adela and she works in Dunkin Donuts. I was buying from drive thru and she did not gave me the total of how much I have to pay instead she overcharged me, so I had to go inside to get my difference back, instead i got something i have never seen before. She was very rude to me and had the biggest attitude, and she is serving people. She overcharged me and instead of appologising she was screaming and yelling at me in front of all the employees there. Then she start talking and screaming in Spanish, I am not a Spanish speaking, but i could tell she was saying bad thinks about me.

Person like that can not serve people. I would never ever go to that Dunkin Donuts again. Please address this to whom it may concern!!!

Mrs Pinzour.

• Cr
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I just had another Dunkin Donuts employee be rude to me. This is the second Dunkin Donuts store that an employee has been rude to me in less that two months. My only option is to never buy a product from this company again. Being rude must be part of the training policy. Anyway their doughnuts are not that good.

26th of Apr, 2008

We like Dunkin Donuts Coffee alot. The Dunkin Donuts at 1325 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, Fl is filthy. The employees are nice and fix the drinks correctly although on occasion an employee's smock is beyond soiled. The filled bakery items leave alot to be desired. If one buys a filled fritter or doughnut, one expects more than one bite of filling to be in it and I am not exaggerating. The tables are often not cleaned and crumbs remain on some of the tables. What was worse was feeling the bottoms of our shoes stick to the floor! To look around, the display plastic coverings and doors are blatantly filthy which is especially easy to see when the sun is reflected off of them. My husband and I have been to many Dunkin Donuts establishments and they are usually very busy. I wondered why this one was not and now I know. It is in a good location and if the manager took interest, I'm sure there would be more business. We will probably stop in on occasion to get a coffee to go only because it is closer to us when we run errands, but we will not spontaneously drop by like we would like to only because I don't like to think about how filthy the areas are that we "don't see".

• Ro
      15th of May, 2008
    Dunkin Donuts - Terrible company!
    Dunkin Donuts
    PROVIDENCE PLACE MALL
    Providence
    Rhode Island

Today, they advertised "free" small coffee from 10am to 10pm. I went to the Providence Place Mall, on my lunch hour, and the woman said, "she was sorry" but this location was not taking part in the promotion.

I feel this is very misleading!

• Ba
      17th of May, 2008

I was in dunkin donuts on friday may16th, I bought a coffee and bagel, and gave the clerk $20 as I just came from the bank, he handed me change for a $10, I immediately said I gave you a $20 and he denied it, the manager said she would call me after the register was cleared at end of day, and took my name, I never rec'd a call as the clerk I am sure took the money, as I only had a $20. It is a scam they do and get away with it. Besides the coffee tasted like sour milk was in it. I want my $10 back

• B
      19th of May, 2008

I live in Hudson, NH. I am complaining about the price of coffee and how "going green" is not of Dunkin Donuts Interest. I Completely disagree with how much they will charge you for a refill when you bring in your own coffee mug. I was charged $1.93 for filling up my coffee mug.. Not only did they earn an extra $1.93 on the coffee they poured for me, but they also have an extra cup on inventory which they can sell and make their $1.85 in profits. I just think that when going green, Dunkin Donuts should be considerate since they give out how many Styrofoam cups each day? You can do the math. I think there should be more consideration for those of us who are actually using the resources we have inside of our own homes. Thanks again DUNKIN DONUTS for Ripping me off. P.s. I was told that "DUNKIN DONUTS rips you off" by an employee Here in Hudson, NH. Thanks for reading.

• Bu
      29th of May, 2008

I will not shop at Dunkin Donuts until you apologize for pulling your ad.

2nd of Jun, 2008

Regarding the Dunkin Donut at 1325 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL: We went back there because we saw the outside windows had been cleaned and the place was busy. To our joy, the whole place was clean and there was a new crew. Too bad that after waiting for 15 minutes, we were told our order could not be filled because they had run out of regular coffee unless we would accept decaf. In a place that is all about coffee??!! But stuff happens sometimes so we will go back there anyway. THANK YOU for cleaning the place up!

Regarding the Dunkin Donut at 11657 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, Fl, where I went most recently: the person that was cleaning the donut shelves impressed me because she was really doing a good job. Then for some unknown reason, she shook the cleaning cloth over the floor to shake off the large particles ("I guess?") and some of the particles went flying back over the lower donut bins that still had donuts in them. (yuk) Then she used another damp cloth to further clean and did the same thing with that, shaking it off over the floor without realizing where some of the particles were flying to. This was done right in front of the customer order counter. At a later date, she served my coffee and it tasted like it had been sitting there for days, I could not drink it. When I took it back, another server had to assist me because this gal was "cleaning". I've been there many satisfactory times and I think that person does not need to do work serving people. She is not a people person nor does she appear to be conscious of what she is doing.
    Thank you for listening.

• Kl
      9th of Jun, 2008

I would like to go into the Dunkin Donuts on Main Street, East Haven, Ct. just once and have my order come out correct, or not have to explain several times what i want. I went in and ordered two different combos, and a separate medium coffee . I got my medium coffee (separate order) and when i mentioned that i didn't get my coffee that goes with the combo, she said i had to tell them i wanted coffee, yet the combos specify "and coffee." Why do i have to specify that i want what they advertise? I would surmis that i would tell them if i didn't want coffee, to substitute something else. I didn't think that was too hard to handle - WRONG. So i paid for a small coffee just to get out of there. I try to avoid that Dunkin Donuts like a plague. After a couple of weeks, i, like a dummy, go back in and order a coffee, which is okay, but don't try to order anything to complicated.

• Ft
      10th of Jun, 2008

I couldn't even order my food through the drive thru without the hood rats who were working barking HOLD ON, for fifteen minutes. This is the cincinnati location, hopefully they fix this is up and fire every lazy ### fuk working. Maybe dunkin donuts can use that extra change they tag onto the prices and pay there employees a bonus to work harder. WORST MANAGEMENT EVER.

• Su
      12th of Jun, 2008

Defenetely the quality of dunkin donuts is becoming the worst nightmare for consumers, it is ridiculous how they can have the face to charge you for such a bad product, they shuld just give up the business if they can not handle it the right way.

5th of Jul, 2008
    Dunkin Donut - Unacceptable attitude and behavior
    Dunkin Donut
    68 Boston St
    Salem
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 978-741-8658
    www.dunkindonuts.com

My complaint was my visit on 07-04-08 during 10:38am. I usually go to the same Dunkin Donut, Boston St. Salem MA. I never had any problem with anyone except for this employee. I ordered a 5 inch supreme pizza [newly on the item]. And the young female employee, blond light complexion, with a heavy accent, almost give me 5 order of the supreme pizza instead. I asked is the order correct and she said yes. I got the receipt. Then when I show her the receipt, I told her politely, "Hi, you made a mistake. I ordered a 5 inch supreme." She started to raise her voice and literally yelled at me, "You wanted 5 PIZZA!" And another employee making the pizza, a middle aged man, raised his voice also. I told her again that it was 5 inch supreme pizza, the full name of the item. Another customer had to step in and tell them that I clearly stated 5 inch supreme pizza. So another lady who works up front give me back the amount of the overcharged items on my credit card and rolled her eye. And they did not apologize for the incident. I wouldn't make a complaint, but it wasn't my first time getting an attitude from the same employee who worked there.

It was really uncalled for them to start raising their voice and giving me such attitude. I was clear and precise on my order and talked to them politely. I know that they have a language barrier, and it's understandable but the attitude and behavior was a bad experience. I know my voice wouldn't matter much, and I will still go there, but something should me done. The manager should take a closer look at their employee and train customer service well. I'll post up their name and description next time I go there.

• Do
      25th of Jul, 2008

Every time I went to this particular dunkin donuts on Quakerbridge Rd in Mercerville, NJ they never had the correct amount of change due me and I always left short of my money. When I mentioned it to them they said"they just did not have enough change" and I drive off while they keep my hard earned money...I stopped going there and today returned because I was in that area again and purchased a lite latte and it was $1.00 more than the Dunkin DOnuts down the road. I told the manager and he said, "well they are his prices" RIP_OFFS!!! I can go to Starbucks for less than that DD now and I will!

21st of Aug, 2008

I went to a Dunkin Donuts 353 Broad Ave # 1, Leonia, NJ, and they have the worst service. They are very rude, and rush through the order, which they get wrong. You have to order your drink with one person, and then repeat your order to the cashier, and then repeat it again to the person making the food. On top of that, they barely speak english! Which makes it harder to give your order to them! I'm never going back there again!