Drive Time / Vehicles sold by them

1 3231 Walnut StreetScottdale, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-824-0053

I Mickey L. Lattimore went to the Drive Time Automobile on Memorial Drive, Stn. Mtn. Ga. On 2/20/2008 to purchase a vehicle. I was introduce to a sales rep(name goes here) who allowed me to look at the vehicles on the lot. I chose a Kia Otima LX 2004. The Sales Rep. had me fill out the necessary paperwork, while I completed the paperwork, the sale rep ran my credit and stated they could help me get into the vehicle which I had choosen for $1200.00 down. I informed the sales rep. I only had at that time a total of $200.00. The Sales Rep stated you can put the vehicle on lay-o-away so I made a down deposit of $200.00 on a 2004 Kia Optima LX that had about 52, 000 miles.

While two weeks past, I went to Drive Time and made another payment of $500.00 on the vehicle I had on lay-away, leaving a balance of $500 left. Well the sales rep stated they had the same/similar vehicle with less mileage about 48, 000 and I could take it that day for the $700.00 I had already applied to my original Kia which I had choose. Red Flags immediately went up. I asked what’s wrong with it and of course they would say nothing.

Since driving the vehicle off of drive time’s lot on March 15, 2008, I’ve had nothing but problems with this vehicle. I’ve had to replace the front brakes, the power steering pressure hose went out, the driver’s side door lock locks itself back when you unlock it with the key and attempt to open the door using the handle. The passenger window doesn’t let up correctly it’s off track. I’ve had to replace the battery, I have also had to replace the coil and spark plugs.

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Dec, 2008

Seeking others who have also experienced unethical business practice by Drive Time who's looking to have some sort of legal actions taken toward Drive Time, looking to file a Class Action Lawsuit. If interested please respond via emai within you complaint profile.

Are you may contact me via the phone # listed.

• Kc
      26th of Feb, 2015

I got this 05 explorer didn't have It a month yet...Drive time sold me a death trap...Vehicle has no brakes 2 major oil leaks...my front struts are leaking...I also have a rear axle leak and also the front sway bar on and links on both sides are broke...They sold me this vehicle knowing it should not be on the road...Then the warranty company is giving ne a run around and Chris Lott from Drive time is flat out dodging me...Took the truck to ford for the heater not working and they found all these major issues... Ford notified the warranty company and they acted like the never heard anything about these issues... So the warranty company decides they don't want to deal with ford when they was confronted about why did drive time sell a vehicle like this that its a safety hazard driving this vehicle... So the warranty company had Chris Lott from drive time inform me that they wanted me to take the truck to a repair shop of their choice for a second opinion... That shop is Perfection Auto Repair... And I did that today...And Perfection told them the same thing Ford told them and Perfection would not release my vehicle back to me because it's not safe to drive at all...Now Chris Lott and the warranty company has been avoiding me and the repair shop all day...Something needs to be done about drive time and their bad business... I'm look to file suit against them and the warranty company...
    I also have paperwork from Perfection on what needs to be done to make this vehicle safe to drive... And I also have the original video from Ford also