Donnaplay / False advertisement

Phone: 888-983-0264

I went to you tube to whach a movie. You Tube said the movie was removed and pointed to a site in the description below. So I selected it, Donnaplay site came up and the advertisement said whach movies for free. I thought ok I'll check it out. The next screen that came up was the registration site including credit card number. It said this number is for registration only and will not take out any money without your permission. The next screen said five day free trial to whach the movies. I called and had my account closed immediately. My complaint is why didn't they say "Whach free movies on a five day trial period" on the first page instead of taking my time to fill out all the info and, then, tell me it's only free for five days. I was given the impression that the movies were free on the first page because of the way it's advertised. Is this considered false advertisement?

Da
Jun 13, 2015

Comments

Rl
  13th of Jun, 2015

Yes it is a scam. On the first page they say they will only charge if you upgrade to premium. This is a straightforward lie.

Sc
  16th of Jun, 2015
Best Best Advice +16 Votes

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I went through the same Youtube redirect to watch an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation. Oop's, what is this "donnaplay" that I see now? They say it's free, but it's just too easy to Google "donnaplay + reviews." That search brought me to you. Yup... too good to be true I guess. Millions of movies for free! Sort of like Netflix for free? Oh well, I'll know better now.

Me
  19th of Jun, 2015

i signed up to get an ebook once i signed up it kept on directing me to the sign up page and the book was not in their list. then to cancel my free trial i had to pay $1. what a scam AVOID donnaplay at all costs.

Ca
  20th of Jun, 2015

Yes, this is a scam!!!

Ca
  20th of Jun, 2015

I had the same experience with trying to watch a movie on iTunes.

Jj
  21st of Jun, 2015

I was searching for a PDF document on site and I was directed to Donnaplay which indicated it had the document. it said there was a 5 day free trial so I signed up hoping to retrieve the document. Once I was signed up, I searched for the document and I guess no surprise, they did not have the document. This morning a received a $34.95 charge on my credit card indicating the trial period ended and they put me on premium service. This site is a pure scam. avoid it at all cost... .

Ho
  24th of Jun, 2015

I signed up last night (June 23, 2015) for a free account to watch an episode of Mad Men. Found immediately that the site kept trying to force me to sign up for a premium account. I did not even get to see if Mad Men was available. Next day I cancelled my Donnaplay account and then found they were trying to force me to PAY for an express cancellation. I did not pay and emailed them immediately to cancel my account and ensure that my credit card would not be billed. Got an immediate reply saying my account had already been cancelled. If there is a charge on my credit card, there will be war!

Sh
  28th of Jun, 2015

I am Indian citizen. I wanted live streaming of "French Open" tennis May 31 2015 and got redirected to donnaplay. Paid for premium membership and immediately realized that there is no live streaming at all. Cancelled the membership immediately and was promised partial refund within few days, well its one month and no sign of money. No proper reply on contacting customer support. Also they are holding my card information and not cancelling my free membership. And the most ridiculous thing is they are charging for "EXPRESS CANCELLATION". How weird it can get ?? I wonder what USA state authorities are doing regarding this. I strongly urge USA citizens to spread the word around about this fraud DONNAPLAY to save gullible people around the world. Also urge authorities to block to shut down this scam.
Shyam, +91 9848033002

Ch
  1st of Jul, 2015

Yes they are crooks. I had the same experience.
I was looking for a particular book about the Scots-Irish and when I googled it I was given donnaplay as a site that had it where I could download it onto my flashdrive.
I went there and wnet through the "5 days free membership thing" and then went to where they wanted my card # which I put and then I saw where the charge was going to be $34.95 so I immediately called and told them to CANCEL my "membership". I told them if there were any charges I would report them to my State Attorney Generals office and the BBB. Well, there is a $1.00 charge, so I carried out my threat.. I also am wondering if the Federal Comunicaton Commisson needs to be told of these crooks.

Ch
  1st of Jul, 2015

I just filed a complaint with the FCC about these crooks.

I told the BBB, the State Attorney General's office and the FCC about this board, so they will see it isn't just me having these issues.

3rd of Jul, 2015

to all
I confirm
I am French, it is clearly "publicité mensongère" and "escroquerie" ie deliberate false information, seroius lie
They tend to let you beleive that tehy ahve an agreemnt with Orange ! to give them some credibility
what is sure is that they just deserve to be on top on my dangerous website list..

have a nive day

Ro
  3rd of Jul, 2015

Can they steel money from you? do i have to close down my credit card now?

7th of Jul, 2015

Hi,

I you do not close your account quickly after this "trial period" they charge you 38, 95 euros. This is what happenned to me.
I am trying to get my money back, but it seems hard.
Funny thing, they FAQ is only about money issues, which leads me to think they are aware of their dishonesty.
Is it possible to gather to complain ?

Cheers,

SLP

7th of Jul, 2015

Hi,

I got stolen 38, 95 because the premium upgrade is automatic.
I tried to get my money back yday, let's see...
They are not honnest, as proven by their FAQ, only relating to payment issues.
Can people launch a collective claim ?

Regards,

SLP

Lo
  9th of Jul, 2015

My name is Lois Thomson Bowersock and I am the author of the book "Out of the Snare" that is offered in e-book format by Donnaplay.
I have no knowledge whatsoever of my book having ever been transcribed into an e-book format. Donnaplay is offering this book without my permission and they are selling this book illegally.
If you want a copy of my book contact me via my website: www.loisbowersock.com I will be glad to provide you with a copy. Please do NOT pay these thieves for my book.

Ro
  9th of Jul, 2015

Yes, these people at DonnaPlay are very shady. You asked if it's illegal to offer something FREE and then to reveal it is only free for 5 days. As unscrupulous and deceitful as it is, I don't think it's actually against the law. They said it was free and it was. They just didn't tell you it was a limited free trial. Bad businesses know how to dance around within the law. It's a good thing you are helping to bring them to light with your complaint. I hope people will take a few minutes and check here before they give their credit card numbers out, especially online! Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Dj
  9th of Jul, 2015

I've had trouble with accounts like this before. If you get falsely charged and have a good bank (major/popular bank) call them and say I did not authorize this and they will put the money back instantly and handle the behind the scenes stuff with those shady A-holes AKA donnaplay. You won't have any future worries or troubles from donnaplay or whoever in the future once your bank is involved. I hate companies like this. Ripping us off like we don't work hard for our money. Oh and thanks for the help guys cause I was searching to see if I should sign up (wanted to watch the new mad max) why does it always have to be to good to be true in our money driven world!!!

10th of Jul, 2015

donnaplay sux dont use it they stole my money never ever use it if u can sue the owner of the website

10th of Jul, 2015

donnaplay sux. dont use it. they stole my money. never ever use it. if u can sue the owner of the website plz do.

really