Domino's Pizza / delivery driver killed my puppy!

Linway PlazaGoshen, United States Review updated:
3.35
Last evening we ordered pizza from the Goshen Dominos in Linway Plaza in Gosnen, Indiana. When the delivery guy came he needed my signature for my credit card and I was distracted by our dog Max and the delivery guy joked he had a dog too. When I signed for the card I asked my son where our puppy was and he had slipped out the door and my son went out the door and told the delivery guy our dog was out. With this said it was only a matter of minutes and our son ran across the street to catch the puppy and the delivery guy went to the end of the cul-de-sac and was driving very fast and before my son could stop him he ran over our sweet puppy and kept on going. My son was yelling that our precious puppy "odie" got ran over by the dominos pizza guy and I ran out to him just as he died in my arms. My son called the Dominos store to tell them what had happened because I couldn't do anything but sob with my lifeless puppy in my arms and I have not heard even an "I'm sorry" The loss I feel for our sweet puppy cannot be put into words... he was a member of our family and had I known that the delivery guy was going to come into our neighborhood and be so careless and thoughtless I would never had ordered a pizza... it was so not worth it and I will never forget this for the rest of my life. Maybe to some people it was just a puppy... but he was our puppy and was loved as much as a human. I just can't stop thinking why he was driving so fast knowing that our puppy was out. What if next time he runs over a human... something to think about... my heart is in a million pieces!!!

Comments

Co
  31st of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
the heck with your puppy. maybe u should have kept better track of the dog ...
Ri
  31st of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They made light of your situation, but I think you are entitled to at least a free order of cheesy bread!
Am
  1st of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
YOU, yes, you are the one who is responsible for this.
You are negligent in several ways.

1: Never ever allow your son to meet a stranger at the curb.
YOU exposed your child to unknown risk.

2: You are liable for any charges on your credit card which your son may make, including and besides the pizza.

3: YOU are liable for any damages which may occur by allowing your dog to run loose.

Finally, it is a totally negative example which you are setting for your son by not having the courage and/or integrity to accept the blame for this entire incident which is rightfully yours and yours alone.

I have done many things in my long life for which I have been culpable and have ALWAYS felt better about myself when I admitted thiese things to myself.

Stand up and act like a responsible adult instead of attempting to get something from someone else who has NO responsibility in this matter.
Ou
  1st of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It happened in the evening, so it was dark. These things happen. Be grateful it was not your child who was hit.
Bi
  2nd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
hi my name is bianca i am 9 yrs old me and my mum think your tripple decka pizza is fake it is not trippel chess it is three piecs of pastry!!!

BY BIANCA AND HER MUM
Ba
  28th of Jul, 2008
CRUNCH! SNAP!
Sh
  1st of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I am beyond sorry for your loss.
Jm
  6th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just ordered a pizza online, and about 20min after i got it i recieved a text message from the driver saying that it was an honor delivering to me and a 'privilege having [me] as a customer'. I sent a reply asking who it was and about 10min later i got this response- 'sry it was innapropriate to txt you'...yes it was. it really, really was. now this guy knows where i live and has my phone number..i assured him that it was innapropriate that he contacted me, and that he neednt worry about his job, and hopefully that will be the end of that...
He
  28th of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
geez, " american veteran". are you bitter or what? it's one thing t be a veteran, but another to be a complete [censor].
Ge
  10th of Dec, 2010
You prolly should have kept better track of your dog. the driver wasnt neglegant in the least, you were.
Fl
  30th of Jan, 2011
ever hear of a leash law? control your dog dumb sh t

Domino's Pizza Logo Domino's Pizza