Dollar Tree / debit card scam

1 Hagerstown, MD, United States Review updated:

While checking my debit card account I noticed that a transaction that took place on Saturday April 18 was repeated again for three more consecutive days! The same transaction. I was given the 800# and an extension but so far no one has returned my call. I wrote to the CEO's secretary and the company attorney. Waiting to hear from them. This is a theft and I intend to report it to the police. Posting in case anyone else has the same problem. I was told by store manager it was widespread.

Dollar Tree

Da

Comments

• Ki
      8th of Oct, 2009

You need to just notify your bank they will investigate & put back the monies that should not of been taken out. Don't flood the police with these matters that can be handled my another source .

• La
      3rd of Jun, 2010

Yes, it is widespread! I just had the same problem happen in Dublin, California. Over $500 stolen from my checking account! Charges are all over the country so I think they are taking the info and selling it to some creditcard/debt card theft ring. I hate having to deal with this and didn't realize this was a problem until I did the research and discovered it's been going on for YEARS! Never shop there again unless I pay cash.