Dollar Tree / assistant manager, rita

1 265 N BroadwayHicksville, United States
Phone: 516-433-1864

Do not shop here! The assistant manager, Rita, is not only rude and lacks any semblance of customer service abilities - but also makes up her own rules and policies. This evening I went in to exchange some items. She wouldn't allow me to do so, as she said I couldn't purchase the replacement items for someone else! Huh? Who is she to say whom I may purchase for? When I wouldn't budge on her shinnanigans, she proceeded to call the cops! Are you kidding me? She doesn't abide by the company policy of allowing items to be exchanged, and then this is how she treats her customers? Well, I waited for the cops to arrive, and she still dug her heels in. At one point, the officer asked if there was any way we were going to come to agreement tonight to which her responses was that I "used a big mouth to get my way so she wasn't going to let me". Again, I am dumbfounded at her absolute stupidity and making up her own policies. I must state that I never even raised my voice to her - just insisted on an exchange (I even had a receipt) as the company policy states, and refused to leave until I was able to process that exchange. In hind site, when the officer was unsuccessful in getting her to see the light, I wish I had pressed charges against her for discrimination. Maybe that would teach her to not waste our officers' precious time with her inability to do the job she was hired to do. If anyone at a regional or corporate level reads this stuff, please do your customers a favor and fire Rita! I am going to try to take this issue up the corporate ladder to try to see where it goes. This woman should not be managing people, running a store or dealing with customers!

Pu