Dollar Rent A Car / rude thief

Jun 18, 2015
Dollar Rent-a-car
As I was attempting to rent a car, two gentlemen stopped in. They had rented a dollar rental car at another location and asked if they could add another driver's name to the rental agreement. The manger rudely refused. They responded by telling them that they were told they could add a driver at any Dollar location. He told them to get out and call corporate if they didn't like it. I should have up and left at seeing this, but as they are very far from the airport and near nothing else it would have been difficult to select another vendor at this late stage in the process.

When I returned the car, they found a small dent in driver's side door. It must have occurred in a parking log and never even saw it. I provided my car insurance and asked them to work it out with them. He told me it would be $1250 to repair the damage (no formal estimate was made, this was off the top of his head for the repair for a small dent), but he would take $800 now. I asked again that he work with my car insurance to settle this matter. A few months later, he decided to send it to a collection agency. He has never contacted my car insurance company. Now, I have to get a lawyer involved.

Other comments have described similar rude behavior and he insistent, "Go call corporate and get out" response to everything.

Dollar Rent A Car Logo Dollar Rent A Car